• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prayer Request Thread

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
I could really use some good vibes toward my family right now-- my 16 year old brother took off about four hours ago wearing nothing but jeans and a light sweater. Nobody has seen him and none of his friends are at home or have seen him. I'm pretty worried, but I'm two states away- all I can do is call people and hope that my brother hasn't been picked up by a weirdo or isn't huddled somewhere freezing or worse...

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I prayed for him, Story. I hope everything works out.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
of course. please let us know how he is when you get a chance.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
When I moved to the house I've lived in for over 14 years now (that's a good portion of my life span thus far.) we made friends with the family across the street, and have been close ever since. The mother of that family, Rose, was adopted by a French woman we call Meme that moved to the States quite a few years back.

The other evening we got a call from Rose saying that Meme has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. It's the same kind of cancer that took a dear friend of mine 2 years ago, and she was young and reasonably healthy when it set in. I don't suppose there's much to be done with it, Apparetly Meme has had it for a while and never spoken up about it...

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not religious, but I was brought up by nuns in a convent so I still pray... not sure what is outdated on this thread, what isn't. So I guess I can just pray for a blanket for everyone who needs one?

It feels selfish... to ask for me... but healing, mayhaps. Of mind and spirit and heart. I thought I was broken enough till this year happened and it hit home that love wasn't enough sometimes, to keep a family together, to keep someone alive, to have someone not walk from you. Still trying to make sense of so many things. Healing, clarity, peace... and the courage to love again, mayhaps, but wisely, and perhaps, to find someone who wants the same and being able to recognise that person...

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
of course. please let us know how he is when you get a chance.

7 hours and 20 some minutes later--- my brother was just dropped off at home by some random person. :huh: He's apparently no worse for wear...

Thanks Ivy, and Jeffster, for your kind words and thoughts.

I'll be sending my good thoughts and vibes out to everyone else who needs them, too.

Last edited:

lane777

nevermore
Dear Jesus,
Divine Physician and Healer of the Sick,
we turn to You in this time of illness.
O dearest Comforter of the Troubled,
alleviate our worry and sorrow with Your gentle love,
and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden.
Dear God,
we place our worries in Your hands.
We ask that You restore Your servant to health again.
Above all,
grant us the grace to acknowledge Your holy will
and know that whatsoever You do,
You do for the love of us.

Amen.

Amen.

Keep us updated, Jeff.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
7 hours and 20 some minutes later--- my brother was just dropped off at home by some random person. :huh: He's apparently no worse for wear...

Thanks Ivy, and Jeffster, for your kind words and thoughts.

I'll be sending my good thoughts and vibes out to everyone else who needs them, too.

Oh, thank goodness! Sixteen year olds do the dumbest things sometimes. No offense to any sixteen year olds who might be reading.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, thank goodness! Sixteen year olds do the dumbest things sometimes. No offense to any sixteen year olds who might be reading.

I regretfully am inclined to agree to that-- especially sixteen year old boys who have a lot of emotional problems and issues with their parents :doh: I'm just glad he's home and is alright. Thanks again :)

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Please send good vibes and prayers out toward my family...I just found out today that my 18 year old cousin passed away last night. It's pretty difficult to let sink in right now, I'm having a hard time accepting that it's even true. Pray for her, first and foremost, please. We've got no idea what happened yet.

S

Sniffles

I'm sorry for your lost.

Please send good vibes and prayers out toward my family...I just found out today that my 18 year old cousin passed away last night. It's pretty difficult to let sink in right now, I'm having a hard time accepting that it's even true. Pray for her, first and foremost, please. We've got no idea what happened yet.

[youtube="WeIu4ErqLKA"]Song of Farewell - Old Hundredth[/youtube]

Come to her aid, O Saints of God,
Come meet her angels of the Lord.
Receive her soul, O holy ones;
Present her now to God Most High.

May Christ who called you, take you home
And angels lead you to Abraham.

Give her eternal rest, O Lord,
May light unending shine on her.

I know that my Redeemer lives,
The last day I shall rise again.
Present her now to God Most High

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm starting to feel like the poster child for prayer requests...

...my friend was on her way out here to my parents' home where I'm at and hit a patch of ice. The cap of the truck flew off and my dog, whom she had in a crate in the back of the truck, somehow managed to 'escape' and is now wandering about Indiana somewhere. From what I understand, there were houses in the nearby distance- but he wouldn't return when she called to him. I'm...hoping he turns up. I don't know if he was wearing the collar that had his county tags on them or not- if not, I really hope somebody finds him soon... I hope that my friend and my dog are both alright, too...this year is turning to a bad start already..

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Sorry to hear that.. I get sad when I see people suffer.

I believe the power of positive vibes really help a person heal.

I pray your friend as well.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh, Story. I hope your puppy comes back to you. And I hope things get a bit more peaceful for you.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sorry to hear that.. I get sad when I see people suffer.

I believe the power of positive vibes really help a person heal.

I pray your friend as well.

Thank you, it's really appreciated :)

Oh, Story. I hope your puppy comes back to you. And I hope things get a bit more peaceful for you.

Me too, thank you :hug:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Deleted a post and one response to it. Feel free to start another thread about the efficacy or uselessness of prayer, but this one has a specific purpose and that's not it.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm starting to feel like the poster child for prayer requests...

...my friend was on her way out here to my parents' home where I'm at and hit a patch of ice. The cap of the truck flew off and my dog, whom she had in a crate in the back of the truck, somehow managed to 'escape' and is now wandering about Indiana somewhere. From what I understand, there were houses in the nearby distance- but he wouldn't return when she called to him. I'm...hoping he turns up. I don't know if he was wearing the collar that had his county tags on them or not- if not, I really hope somebody finds him soon... I hope that my friend and my dog are both alright, too...this year is turning to a bad start already..

This reminded me of when my dog ran away.. She had been gone two days, and usually smaller dogs are less likely to be caught, but she's rather large. I thought someone might have taken her, or worse. I drove around everywhere, did everything I could think of, and sure enough she turned up on her own, dug a hole into her own backyard to come back to me.

I went to the vet and installed a GPS device in her the next day. I hope she returns again, it's so disheartening and I remember how depressed it made me that she could be out there somewhere alone. Especially in the cold, in the case of your own. I pray for her return. (Also, being a prayer poster child would be an awesome thing. There are way worse things to be.)

Deleted a post and one response to it. Feel free to start another thread about the efficacy or uselessness of prayer, but this one has a specific purpose and that's not it.

Appreciated. :heart: