• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prayer Request Thread

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's a prayer for the sick we always say in synagogue, when mentioning members of the congregation (or relatives/friends of them) who are in rough times:

May the Source of Strength who blessed the ones before us help us find the courage to make our lives a blessing.

Bless those in need of healing, with renewal of body, renewal of spirit, and let us say, "Amen".

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I send my good wishes. Hope every thing turns out alright, Jeff.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Said prayers this afternoon for those in need in this thread, +1.

I'm touched by how much people care for those around them. When you can do no more, prayer is a sign of solidarity and compassion. Thank you all for showing compassion for the suffering.

Recently, a pagan friend of mine was going through very very hard times. I told her that I'd offered her name at Mass and she was very touched. Likewise, when Jaye and I were hideously sick, she told me that she'd gotten together with her pagan friends and held a blot just for us, and she's not the cuddly type so it mean a lot. I appreciated her love and desire to help me so much, I cried.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Something else to add. A quadriplegic friend of mine was admitted to the hospital a day or two ago because he's in a lot of pain. They couldn't find anything wrong so they released him. His wife is a great pressure-player and a doctor to boot, but even she's getting upset now. I can't believe they let him go w/o finding the source of the problem. Now he's home and still in pain.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here's a prayer for the sick we always say in synagogue, when mentioning members of the congregation (or relatives/friends of them) who are in rough times:

May the Source of Strength who blessed the ones before us help us find the courage to make our lives a blessing.

Bless those in need of healing, with renewal of body, renewal of spirit, and let us say, "Amen".

I really like that one, Cim. :)

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
One of my weekly experiences is intercessory "prayer of the people" at church. Someone will pray for "those who are sick" or "those who have cancer" or whatever, and there's this kind of amazing wave of names that is a little like popcorn popping. I love it; it's so moving to me.

Here are some:

My best friend is having a hard time at his new school (he teaches pre-school) and finding it incredibly frustrating.

A dear friend of mine has been frustrated at work also and has expressed that she has lost her "feist" because of it. She was brave enough to quit this week.

I found out recently that a friend has lupus, which is a crappy, crappy chronic illness.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Someone say a prayer for me. I want to see if it does anything.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear Jesus,
Divine Physician and Healer of the Sick,
we turn to You in this time of illness.
O dearest Comforter of the Troubled,
alleviate our worry and sorrow with Your gentle love,
and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden.
Dear God,
we place our worries in Your hands.
We ask that You restore Your servant to health again.
Above all,
grant us the grace to acknowledge Your holy will
and know that whatsoever You do,
You do for the love of us.

Amen.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ

Yes, it's nice to hold people in your heart this way.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!" --Homer Simpson

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Though it may be bad form to ask for prayer for my selfish self: I had a mole removed on Monday and got the pathology report today. It was dysplastic so I have to go back in January to check the area and possibly remove more of the area around where it was. This isn't my first rodeo (I've had countless spots removed and this is the 4th to have some funny cells) but this one is upsetting me more than I had expected, so I'd very much appreciate any positive energy y'all could throw my way, whether you call it prayer or something else. Thanks, guys.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Though it may be bad form to ask for prayer for my selfish self: I had a mole removed on Monday and got the pathology report today. It was dysplastic so I have to go back in January to check the area and possibly remove more of the area around where it was. This isn't my first rodeo (I've had countless spots removed and this is the 4th to have some funny cells) but this one is upsetting me more than I had expected, so I'd very much appreciate any positive energy y'all could throw my way, whether you call it prayer or something else. Thanks, guys.

*hugs* holding you in the light, ivy.

yugyug

MBTI Type
I?TP
I don't believe asking for prayer for yourself is selfish. It is a step of faith just like when you ask it for someone else. Plus, I find that there's an aspect of praying for people that helps me, too. When I read such stories, I tend to take it all inside and feel for the person quite strongly. When I pray, it relieves a good portion of that in me to have discussed it with Abba but also strengthens the bond. I'll be discussing all these posts.

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Prayers, good vibes, and other such things... I believe that the intention is what matters most. And, despite the late date, I've read through everything and sent good vibes for each one in turn. I also ask for something however...

I have a friend in Iraq, and this is his second tour.The first time around, he became engaged before he left. They wanted to wait until he returned before getting married. That way they would know that they would be together. He came home in January of 2007 and they were married that September. In October, they found out that he was going for a second tour and that it would be for 15 months. He left for his second tour in either late December of 2007 or early January of 2008. I can't remember which. He's been safe so far. They've received news that he's being released early and that he gets to come back home sometime in mid- or late-November. I just want him to be kept safe until he comes home again so that he can finally be with his wife. He's only 23 and she's younger than that. Thank you everyone.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Absolutely. Keep us posted, okay?

Young love, sigh. :)