• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prayer Request Thread

S

Sniffles

I wish to make out a prayer for request for Fr. Richard John Neuhaus, who died last night at the age of 72. He was widely recognised as a major figure in religious and political circles.

Although I didn't always agree with his political stances, I still had a considerable amount of respect for the man, and I enjoy reading his publication of First Things magazine.

So I'd appreciate any prayers said on his behalf.

neuhaus.jpg

RIP!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Please pray for Darlene and her family in this time of transition.

And for Jack's family.

And for all those affected by these flu outbreaks around the world.

For Malia's brother and their family in his legal troubles.

And for Adam in this time of struggle.

thanks.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Please pray for my uncle's family as they struggle to make ends meat in a tough economy.

sculpting

I am agnostic but one of my favorite INTJ's four month old baby is going in for open heart surgery this week. It was tense for a month or so, but then he stabilized and has been okay. Not sure if you guys would mind praying to your favorite deity or just projecting happy feely waves that way. His name is Seth. It was so tough as I went into her office one day to ask how she was and she took his picture off the wall and said "this is my baby. His name is Seth." At that point I Ne'd that folks hadnt been calling him by his name-just "the baby". It is easier not to get attached that way.

Thanks Much

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
My mother finally has a buyer for her house here in College Station. They are doing the inspection this week, and if all goes well close on January 8th.

Please pray that everything goes smoothly and my mother can be free of at least one of the financial burdens in her life.

Anabel

MBTI Type
isfj
Enneagram
9w1
Thanks for creating this thread. Please pray for my friend who is 1 year in mourning. Thank you.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
A dear friend of mine was found unresponsive in her bed yesterday morning. She was cold, wasn't breathing and had no pulse. Her husband did CPR and called 911, who managed to get a pulse. They took her to the ER where they stabilized her and sent her to the cardiac ICU where she is now. Yesterday it looked pretty grim and they weren't even sure she would make it through the night. This morning she woke up and spoke a little. She's still very confused and nobody really knows how long she went without oxygen, so they don't yet know if her brain was damaged. She's not out of the woods yet but we're all pulling for her. Please, if you pray, add her to your prayers. Her name is Julie. Also her daughters, Baje and especially Cassie, who was the one who found her yesterday. She's only 6.

Usehername

On a mission
A dear friend of mine was found unresponsive in her bed yesterday morning. She was cold, wasn't breathing and had no pulse. Her husband did CPR and called 911, who managed to get a pulse. They took her to the ER where they stabilized her and sent her to the cardiac ICU where she is now. Yesterday it looked pretty grim and they weren't even sure she would make it through the night. This morning she woke up and spoke a little. She's still very confused and nobody really knows how long she went without oxygen, so they don't yet know if her brain was damaged. She's not out of the woods yet but we're all pulling for her. Please, if you pray, add her to your prayers. Her name is Julie. Also her daughters, Baje and especially Cassie, who was the one who found her yesterday. She's only 6.

For Julie--may her brain be preserved and healthy, and I pray that she continue being a wife and mother with numerous gifts to contribute to this world
For her husband--God, give him emotional and physical strength to lead his family with hope for what comes ahead and the patience and love required to get through this time
For Baje and Cassie--may their childhood optimism and young hearts be strengthened through this trial rather than diminished--prayers for emotionally mature adults to offer their guidance to the children and lead by way of example

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
For Julie--may her brain be preserved and healthy, and I pray that she continue being a wife and mother with numerous gifts to contribute to this world
For her husband--God, give him emotional and physical strength to lead his family with hope for what comes ahead and the patience and love required to get through this time
For Baje and Cassie--may their childhood optimism and young hearts be strengthened through this trial rather than diminished--prayers for emotionally mature adults to offer their guidance to the children and lead by way of example

Julie has made a near-full recovery. It's amazing. She was absolutely, without a doubt, dead for 45 minutes. She has a defibrillator now and she can't run or drink caffeine, but other than that she is golden. We are all so thankful.

I dug up this thread for another reason though- I'm really concerned about my doggie, Eli, who is at least 10 (adult rescue, we think he was 2 or so when we got him but he might have been older). He's not eating, his eyes are cloudy, and he can't jump short distances like he usually can. He's just not himself. I'm worried he might have had distemper as a puppy and it's resurfacing now, which has a pretty grim prognosis. Noah's taking him back to the vet right now. (I didn't go because I would cry the whole time and they would think know I'm crazy.)

This is my first dog and I didn't even realize how much I love him until he got sick. I think I am mostly asking for prayer that if his time's up I can handle it right with my children. But I really want another few years with him if I can have it.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My cousin Kourtnie has struggled with Crohn's since she was twelve. She's twenty-two now, and they found some cancerous cells on her pancreas. Her surgery is going to be next weekend. Is it possible that you guys might pray for her and the doctors performing the surgery and for her family, please?

It will mean a lot more to me than you think.

Thank you. :)

Lightyear

My boss just lost her baby in the 5th month of pregnancy and is obviously in a bad state. Could you please pray for her?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
pray for me so i wont go to hell for not believing in god and not giving a crap if someone prays for me or not. i also mock god as a joke quite often and use his name wrongly and i got account named antichrist on one gaming website and in game

Lightyear

pray for me so i wont go to hell for not believing in god and not giving a crap if someone prays for me or not. i also mock god as a joke quite often and use his name wrongly and i got account named antichrist on one gaming website and in game

You sound like a very bored 15-year old nerd.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7

And you make nonbelievers look bad. They're being respectful, you should do the same.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
If this goes any further I'll be splitting it out, just FYI- but I didn't want to deprive anyone the opportunity to pray for INTP. That finger injury looks pretty painful.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
A prayer for my friend Catherine and her family. Her father recently had a stroke, and she's spending time with him in hospital right now. She's been through a lot in her life, lost lots of good people, and I know its affecting her more than she's letting on.

A prayer for my friend Ciarda and his family. His father has had about four heart attacks in the last year, and believe it or not, he's still going! I think Ciarda is really scared about losing him though, as are we all.

A prayer for my friend Nikki. Life has been a bit of an upheaval for her lately, having to move around a lot. She seems lonely and lost even with people there to support her. May she find some direction and stability soon.

A prayer for my ex, Monique, and her family. She recently lost someone close to her, and she isn't dealing with the pain well. May she find some peace and comfort in her loss soon.

A prayer for people who feel the need to mock religious people straight to their faces and undermine their beliefs purely to flatter their own egos, that they may grow and learn respect.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Done. Thank you all for showing your concern for others, too. This thread makes me feel good. :)