veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Someone say a prayer for me. I want to see if it does anything.
    You got it, dude.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Someone say a prayer for me. I want to see if it does anything.
    What happens when you pray for something for someone else that the person didn't want? (unintentionally?)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by notjeffgoldblum View Post
    What happens when you pray for something for someone else that the person didn't want? (unintentionally?)
    Well, ultimately, people still have their free will. You can't really force anything through prayer onto someone else.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Though it may be bad form to ask for prayer for my selfish self: I had a mole removed on Monday and got the pathology report today. It was dysplastic so I have to go back in January to check the area and possibly remove more of the area around where it was. This isn't my first rodeo (I've had countless spots removed and this is the 4th to have some funny cells) but this one is upsetting me more than I had expected, so I'd very much appreciate any positive energy y'all could throw my way, whether you call it prayer or something else. Thanks, guys.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Though it may be bad form to ask for prayer for my selfish self: I had a mole removed on Monday and got the pathology report today. It was dysplastic so I have to go back in January to check the area and possibly remove more of the area around where it was. This isn't my first rodeo (I've had countless spots removed and this is the 4th to have some funny cells) but this one is upsetting me more than I had expected, so I'd very much appreciate any positive energy y'all could throw my way, whether you call it prayer or something else. Thanks, guys.
    *hugs* holding you in the light, ivy.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    I?TP

I don't believe asking for prayer for yourself is selfish. It is a step of faith just like when you ask it for someone else. Plus, I find that there's an aspect of praying for people that helps me, too. When I read such stories, I tend to take it all inside and feel for the person quite strongly. When I pray, it relieves a good portion of that in me to have discussed it with Abba but also strengthens the bond. I'll be discussing all these posts.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Though it may be bad form to ask for prayer for my selfish self
    Lofts another up....
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

Prayers, good vibes, and other such things... I believe that the intention is what matters most. And, despite the late date, I've read through everything and sent good vibes for each one in turn. I also ask for something however...

I have a friend in Iraq, and this is his second tour.The first time around, he became engaged before he left. They wanted to wait until he returned before getting married. That way they would know that they would be together. He came home in January of 2007 and they were married that September. In October, they found out that he was going for a second tour and that it would be for 15 months. He left for his second tour in either late December of 2007 or early January of 2008. I can't remember which. He's been safe so far. They've received news that he's being released early and that he gets to come back home sometime in mid- or late-November. I just want him to be kept safe until he comes home again so that he can finally be with his wife. He's only 23 and she's younger than that. Thank you everyone.
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Absolutely. Keep us posted, okay?

Young love, sigh.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii