• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Forget Qur'an, has anyone ever read risale-i-nur?

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
By the Turkish Islamic scholar Said Nursi, who lived during the decline of the ottoman empire, as well as the kemalist era, and the period of adnan menderes's rule?
he wrote a commentary on islam and the Qur'an exceeding 5 thousand pages explaining the neccesity of a creator from a rationalist yet conservative Islamic perspective, the need for a combination of faith and logic, religion and science, and touches on many aspects of spirituality. Even if you don't intend to look for a religion, I highly recommend you read it so you can understand Islam from sources most people don't know about, as well as understand religion itself from places most people don't know about. as a matter of fact, you don't even have to buy it. the risale i nur is available for free as an app on google play and other app stores ( i think the latter), and is also available online for free.

Mole

Permabanned
Around important buildings in Canberra, Australia, we have built low reinforced concrete walls. And in areas where people congregate we have put bollards. The low concrete walls are to stop Islamic car bombs, and the bollards are to stop Islamic trucks being driven into pedestrians.

We get 400 attempts every day to recruit Islamic car bombers, and 400 attempts every day to recruit drivers of Islamic trucks to be driven into pedestrians.

And although it is the policy of our Intelligence Service not to alarm the population, nevertheless they tell us it is not if we can expect another Islamic attack, but when.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Around important buildings in Canberra, Australia, we have built low reinforced concrete walls. And in areas where people congregate we have put bollards. The low concrete walls are to stop Islamic car bombs, and the bollards are to stop Islamic trucks being driven into pedestrians.

We get 400 attempts every day to recruit Islamic car bombers, and 400 attempts every day to recruit drivers of Islamic trucks to be driven into pedestrians.

And although it is the policy of our Intelligence Service not to alarm the population, nevertheless they tell us it is not if we can expect another Islamic attack, but when.
the Qur'an does not advocate terrorism.....its verses of violence refer to acts of self defense at a time when muslims were under attack, and keep in mind, you have to read the tafseer of the verses.....not only that, the Qur'an itself says that these acts of violence are to end tyranny and injustice and invasion, and that if the enemy makes peace, you MUST make peace. there is agreement among scholars that killing of civilians in war is prohibited, and only combatants may be killed. what's your point?

Mole

Permabanned
the Qur'an does not advocate terrorism.....its verses of violence refer to acts of self defense at a time when muslims were under attack, and keep in mind, you have to read the tafseer of the verses.....not only that, the Qur'an itself says that these acts of violence are to end tyranny and injustice and invasion, and that if the enemy makes peace, you MUST make peace. there is agreement among scholars that killing of civilians in war is prohibited, and only combatants may be killed. what's your point?
It is the Islamic propaganda behind Jihad that is our greatest danger. And it is the Islamic propaganda that you take for granted.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
It's not the Quran that inspires terrorism, it's the interpretation of it. But sadly the predominant interpretation of the Quran today is not a liberal metaphorical one, but a "literal back to fundamentals salafi vahabi" one.

Interpretation is crucial, it is what created the Catholics, Protestants, Orthodox Christians and dozens of christian denominations that are quite different from each other, because they interpret the same book through different lenses.

Islamic theology needs a more rational approach today.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not the Quran that inspires terrorism, it's the interpretation of it. But sadly the predominant interpretation of the Quran today is not a liberal metaphorical one, but a "literal back to fundamentals salafi vahabi" one.

Interpretation is crucial, it is what created the Catholics, Protestants, Orthodox Christians and dozens of christian denominations that are quite different from each other, because they interpret the same book through different lenses.

Increase literacy rates in predominately Islamic nations and I think we will see a change similar to what happened over the centuries in Europe as more Europeans became literate.

- - - Updated - - -

Say what you want about Islam, but they definitely keep their pimp hand strong.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I agree with this.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
bump. anyone interested? anyone at all? here's a link: Said Nursi - Wikipedia
just to make it more interesting, Said Nursi was persecuted by Ataturk and his successors for decades, being continually exiled, harassed, imprisoned, and even tortured, due to the draconian overboard secularism of ataturk (kemalism) which suppressed religion, and the religious piety of said nursi, despite the fact he was a pacifist who was no threat to the integrity of the state. I have been reading one of his books, it has really helped me with many of my issues as it has strengthened my faith and given me something to do (read), and stimulated me intellectually. they touch on many matters, not just religion, but also history, life, science, and society.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
he even implied in the "fifth ray" in his book " the rays" that Ataturk was the "sufyan" or "Islamic dajjal" or "Islamic antichrist" while another dajjal (false messiah) was yet to come, and would decieve the christian world, and would thus bring the muslims and christians together.

Mole

Permabanned
Increase literacy rates in predominately Islamic nations and I think we will see a change similar to what happened over the centuries in Europe as more Europeans became literate.

- - - Updated - - -

Say what you want about Islam, but they definitely keep their pimp hand strong.

The phonetic alphabet gave us civilisation. And it was only the West who created the phonetic alphabet. The Chinese did not have an phonetic alphabet, they had and have ideograms. Islam does not have a phonetic alphabet. Even Israel does not have a phonetic alphabet. And the Hindus do not have a phonetic alphabet. Aborigines do not have a phonetic alphabet. In fact no one has a phonetic alphabet except us.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
The phonetic alphabet gave us civilisation. And it was only the West who created the phonetic alphabet. The Chinese did not have an phonetic alphabet, they had and have ideograms. Islam does not have a phonetic alphabet. Even Israel does not have a phonetic alphabet. And the Hindus do not have a phonetic alphabet. Aborigines do not have a phonetic alphabet. In fact no one has a phonetic alphabet except us.
Hey [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] isn't Islam just the best thing to ever happen to humanity? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) a guide for all humanity to be guided and given comfort. and not to mention that the muslims gave rise to the invention of the scientific method, the scientific revolution, and numerous inventions, technological advances, human rights and civilizational advances, and medicinal and mathematical advances such as the invention of algebra, and the invention of the idea that mental illness was an illness and not caused by demons, and that women were equal to men, and had an afterlife just like men, while europe still debated if women were human or had souls.... :( don't you just love islam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think you should!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

explain the great works of arabic literature and persian literature.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Don't worry, [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] I know you're secretly a pious Muslim who is keeping it a secret for fear of persecution otherwise known as taqiyyah. EDIT: But you dont have to keep it a secret anymore!!!!!! fight those bullies!!!!!!!!! come out of the "muslim closet"

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
But don't worry [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] Allah aza wa jal will reward you for coming out of the Muslim closet and facing persecution and fighting to defend yourself.

Mole

Permabanned
But don't worry [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] Allah aza wa jal will reward you for coming out of the Muslim closet and facing persecution and fighting to defend yourself.
Piety is the last defence of the religious.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That is patently false. Not just bigoted and prejudiced but simply false. :doh:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mole, China is one of the oldest civilizations on earth and they were building cities while much of Europe was still populated by shaggy barbarians and nomads

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Piety is the last defence of the religious.
I know right? so why dont you just read the quran and listen to fath surah so that you may be delivered from oppression..... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

- - - Updated - - -

ALL OF YOU! QUIT DERAILING MY THREAD! ARE YOU INTERESTED IN RISALE-I-NUR OR NOT!
Although I am grateful to [MENTION=10251]Red Herring[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19700]asynartetic[/MENTION] for defending me, but id rather [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] quit turning everything into how evil Islam is.

Mole

Permabanned
That is patently false. Not just bigoted and prejudiced but simply false. :doh:

Naturally the first thing you do is insult me personalllly by callling me bigoted and prejudiced, and then you make a personally insulting gesture, "doh".

This will excite the bullies on Central who. oppose free speech and The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

I shouldn't be surised as decades ago the Left allied themselves with Islam and against liberal democracy and against The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

And you have chosen the Left against common decency.

And by the way, it is Marshall McLuhan who makes the point about the phonetic alphabet and civilisation.