User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 81

Thread: God

  1. #41
    Fe, rusted. Poser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    @ God
    or
    @ Mitzy

    Mitzy never left us. When we saw one set of footprints, she was carrying us.


  2. #42
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    Mitzy never left us. When we saw one set of footprints, she was carrying us.
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  3. #43
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    I need suggestions!
    How about, "Making the world a better place."

  4. #44
    brat Mitzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    687

    Default

    you thought i left? you need pay more attention to me
    She talks pretty but says mean things

  5. #45
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    I LOVE JESUSSSS!

    organized religion is made up


    i dont believe in someone living their life now in prepare for their after life
    i mean cmon thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard.
    you were born into this world which youre not even happy in because youre just following all these rules and regulations and for what? for something else to happen after? what a waste of fucking time..itd be funny if there was nothing after death. i bet theyd have a lot of regrets for not living their life how they wanted and to their fullest.


    i have my own beliefs. agnostic, i suppose. why? because some things science cant explain. neither can reason.

    but like i said before, open up an anthropology book if you want to understand humans and their relation to religion.
    A lot of NT's would agree with you and I am inclined to as well but that might be because I live with an INTJ and now question religion. If having God in your life makes you happy then great, but stop judging those of us who aren't religious or are on the fence. I live in a predominately fundy religious area and it irritates me to no end when someone asks me what Church I go to. What do you say to that? Fuck off is what I feel like saying.

    I also hate how they twist the bible to fit their lifestyle. Most of them are so full of shit and very hypocritical. I don't like people who try to impose their views and beliefs onto me. I realize that isn't answering the OP but I don't have an answer for you at this time other than be happy and Karmic and life should be good.

    Edit: out of all the religions I've come across, Buddhism appeals to me the most, I'm just not ready to be that nice.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  6. #46
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    How about, "Making the world a better place."
    Lets!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  7. #47
    Member bbites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    40

    Default

    God means nothing to me. For people I know God means purpose.

  8. #48
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Christianity at least (it's what I know, it's my context, and it's what I'm talking about at the moment) does have clear attempts to destabilize gender norms.
    Now I'm intrigued. Do tell
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    261

    Smile God

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    What does God mean to you?
    "for our God is a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:29). To adequately tell what God means to me would require me writing an autobiography explaining my relationship with God and how He has revealed Himself to me over the years of my life. I'm not inclined to do that, you can breathe a sigh of relief, but a cathecism answer won't do either. I can tell you He has revealed himself recently as the "Lifter of my Head" when people despise me for being a Christian. There is little toleration for a people who hold the opinion that the Truth has found them.

    Is it something conscious?
    The Three Personed God of the Trinity is conscious.

    Do you believe in the literal existence of something you identify as God?
    As much as I believe in myself or you.

    Why or why not?
    This point is personal and is not up for debate, but I will tell the truth that it is because at conversion I was radically changed and given a new mindset by the Holy Spirit. Nothing natural about it. Since then my mind has been renewed to the point I can think rationally and wisely about the things of God.

    Does this God exist in the same space and time as us?
    God created space and time and therefore is not subject to it but can break into it at will, as He did when His Son was born as a human baby and grew up to be the propitiation for man's sins on the cross. In Him we all live and breathe and have our being. The Holy Spirits inhabits believers. God is omnipresent.

    What do you believe God's meaning is in relation to humanity was a whole?
    Humanity as a whole has no meaning apart from God. The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

    Why is God important or not important at all?
    You've missed the point. God IS the point.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

    "Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

  10. #50
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    .
    Last edited by Salomé; 10-08-2008 at 06:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Similar Threads

  1. What is God?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-26-2013, 08:10 PM
  2. Do you talk to God?
    By Kiddo in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 01:09 PM
  3. Mythology: Favourite god/goddess...
    By sundowning in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 12:42 PM
  4. Pot Pies: Food of the Gods?
    By Ivy in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 12:11 PM
  5. Sales figures for the anti god books.
    By darlets in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 06:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO