• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Do you deem yourself as being awake or self aware?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm rather self-aware in that I understand through self-reflection my motivations, cause-and-effects in my life, why I am the way I am. I'm not a big mystery to myself.

Understanding the full nature of reality is a bigger question, and while I know there is a way to look inside so deeply that you can see everything, I reserve a lot of conclusions in that process. I live in a reality where there are very few things outside myself for which I draw conclusions, but I'm more of an observer watching the river of existence.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think it's possible to be completely self-aware. It's a daily process. I do believe that, with practice, a person can become more and more aware of their personal motivations and tendencies.

Lark

Sometimes I revisit threads and forget or dont realise I've posted in them already :happy2:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While I make a point to look inward, the rate at which I discover new things about myself may have no hope of ever coming close to the rate at which I discover new things that I don't know. At least known unknowns represent more awareness than unknown unknowns.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Self awareness is a spectrum and it also can not be generalised, when you are highly self aware at some points, you can be extremely blind in others. How can you define you yourself as self aware or awake in the first place? By using other peoples' self awareness level as a measurement, or by the logical analysis of your own behaviours in themselves, which requires the prequisite of an ideal "self-aware" person, which varies from person to person, for platonic ideals of beauty, awareness etc. are not collective but personal images, methinks. Therefore I can say this, I am more self aware, if I was to consider the me a year ago. I am less self aware than a lot of people I don't know, probably. I am not self aware as my ideal, or the ideal that I used to have, for I have came to the realization of ideals create dictations and I don't really like being dictated in any way, also dictations are main reasons of unhappiness and lack of satisfaction.