User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Isk Stark View Post
    @ceecee, thanks for explaining your interpretation. You may be missing the point by focusing in on Christ. I don't know that it's a Left/Right issue because this is the sort of thing Nietszche warned about when he proclaimed that God is Dead.

@magpie and @Cellmold both "got it".

It's more of a spiritual issue than a left or right political issue which is why I posted in here in the first place.
    All I was suggesting is - when looking for spiritual guidance, the buffet is much bigger than only Christ/Christianity. It wouldn't hurt anyone to acknowledge that, especially Christians. I wasn't bringing nihilism or Nietszche into the picture at all.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Isk Stark liked this post

America has a Christian Revivalist Culture that depends on periodic Revivals, and so periodic spiritual crises.

MBTI
    KWML

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    All I was suggesting is - when looking for spiritual guidance, the buffet is much bigger than only Christ/Christianity. It wouldn't hurt anyone to acknowledge that, especially Christians. I wasn't bringing nihilism or Nietszche into the picture at all.
    By all means, do try the buffet. I advocate it. Some is better than none.
    -Winter is Coming

Once more into the fray
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know
    Live and die on this day...
    Live and die on this day...
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

What about a focus on increased compassion?

There is a need beyond joining a religious organization because there can be a lot of unkindness and even cruelty in religious settings as well as other places. Sometimes I feel concerned that all of the rules of various religions distracts people from the true morality of having compassion and respect for their fellow creatures. I don't want to retell anecdotes here, but even as far back as the 1970's there was a lot of cruelty in religious institutions. The more secluded the organization, the more evil the outside world appears, and the lower the assumed bar for its morality. In these instances, religious institutions don't think it takes that much to be morally superior to those in the "secular" realm, but that isn't the case. The bar is much higher than many people think. I wish that my own experience could say that this is a positive correlation between kindness and organized religion, but I can't say there is. Moral growth is dependent on conscience, not externally imposed rules about concrete details of living. If there isn't love, it is just a clanging cymbal.

Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Likes deathwarmedup liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It seems to me that the human tendency towards gossip and judging others has been put on steroids because of social media. The media has deteriorated into a bit of a sorry state. You really can't trust what you read on the Internet. As trite as it sounds, Trump is actually correct in his observation of "fake news". When the news media went from loss leader to profit center, sensationalism took over. The Internet and social media has only exacerbated this. Corporate greed. Profits. People's need to aggrandize themselves. Etc.

Is it a crisis in spirituality? I don't know. Look at how these guys are doing and maybe I have some questions.

Top 15 Richest and most Successful Pastors In the World (We promise that #1 will shock you) - ETInside

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Isk Stark, Crystal Winter Dream liked this post

Rebel with a Cause Crystal Winter Dream's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    174 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It seems to me that the human tendency towards gossip and judging others has been put on steroids because of social media. The media has deteriorated into a bit of a sorry state. You really can't trust what you read on the Internet. As trite as it sounds, Trump is actually correct in his observation of "fake news". When the news media went from loss leader to profit center, sensationalism took over. The Internet and social media has only exacerbated this. Corporate greed. Profits. People's need to aggrandize themselves. Etc.

Is it a crisis in spirituality? I don't know. Look at how these guys are doing and maybe I have some questions.

Top 15 Richest and most Successful Pastors In the World (We promise that #1 will shock you) - ETInside
    100% true here.
    Don't blame me, love made me crazy...