I give the people what they want nothing more nothing less

Ether embrace change and advance or stay in the stone age

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    LSE Si

A troll is someone who specifically enters an online space for the sake of disrupting it by insults or harassment or just being so dumb that everyone has to stop what they're doing to comment on them.

This is different from the act of trolling, which is when people engage in behavior that is troll-like. Intentions are hard to determine online, so we really only have behavior to look at. Once the ratio of non trolling comments and trolling comments leans to the trolling side, it's time to consider whether or not someone is a troll.

This is why it's much easier to dismiss a new user as a troll than it is a long time member. 3 out of 4 posts are troll comments? Troll. 3642 out of 7239? That's a little harder to determine.
    MBTI: Te = Ne > Si > Se > Ni = Fe > Fi > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian) | sx/so/sp
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Gemini Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic = Conventional = Investigative > Realistic
    Temperaments: Sanguine = Choleric > Melancholic > Phlegmatic
    Potter House: Slytherin
    Johari · Private Blog · Nohari

The MBTI Test Test Status: Starting Soon

#5 I can see being a troll depending on the community. However the rest are pretty well understood.

The off-topic troll has complete power if the moderators don’t do anything. While maybe not offensive to the entire community for sure, definitely a mean tactic to OP whether intentional or unintentional.
    Your Online Manic Pixie Dream Girl

What is a manic pixie dream girl?

It refers to "that bubbly, shallow cinematic creature that exists solely in the fevered imaginations of sensitive writer-directors to teach broodingly soulful young men to embrace life and its infinite mysteries and adventures." A pretty, outgoing, whacky romantic lead whose sole purpose is to help broody male characters lighten up and enjoy their lives.
    Likes Cat Brainz liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post
    A troll is someone who specifically enters an online space for the sake of disrupting it by insults or harassment or just being so dumb that everyone has to stop what they're doing to comment on them.

This is different from the act of trolling, which is when people engage in behavior that is troll-like. Intentions are hard to determine online, so we really only have behavior to look at. Once the ratio of non trolling comments and trolling comments leans to the trolling side, it's time to consider whether or not someone is a troll.

This is why it's much easier to dismiss a new user as a troll than it is a long time member. 3 out of 4 posts are troll comments? Troll. 3642 out of 7239? That's a little harder to determine.
    I'd say there's got to be elements of attention whoring and games playing, its closely associated with cyberbullying too in my experience, the worst examples of it, whether those responsible for it make any sort of pretense to it being "put on" or games, they have issues, deep seated ones and they're more likely than not over compensating with their life online for how they really are offline.

I'm always reminded of that episode of Simpsons when comic book guy says something about all these guys on some forum and what they will say and Bart tells him not to worry about them and Millhouse says that "two of them are me" or something to that effect.

Its interesting that someone has decided to work out a typology for actual trolls themselves, when I started visiting bulletin boards away at the out set of the internet I remember trolls being one of many, many categories of people and keywords invented by the online community, like "big dog" and "me too" and "hand grenades" or "grenadiers" but none of those keywords caught on, besides troll, more or less.

I confess that when I was a lot younger and visiting a politics forum I engaged in a lot of behaviour which wouldnt be amiss for some of the other posters on this forum who've been banned from time to time and one of the forumers called it out as trolling, I didnt know what that was then, and asked what was meant, I was shocked when I heard what was meant and didnt post like that again, whether other members of that forum continued to or not.
    Likes Cat Brainz liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Gave me an idea for a halloween costume

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Gave me an idea for a halloween costume

An internet troll would be an awesome idea for a costume, no idea how you'd make it work.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    An internet troll would be an awesome idea for a costume, no idea how you'd make it work.
    She did

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    She did

LMAO.

The high heels are the cherry on top.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes yama liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

I read the list and the list is stupid.that person just wants the internet to be a book that follows their guidelines, fuck that person

my idea of a troll is someone who gets online and intentially repeatly tries to rile up other members, or they're a character usually to make the people who are actually like that look bad but it's always for the LOLz
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I read the list and the list is stupid.that person just wants the internet to be a book that follows their guidelines, fuck that person

my idea of a troll is someone who gets online and intentially repeatly tries to rile up other members, or they're a character usually to make the people who are actually like that look bad but it's always for the LOLz
    I agree. That's a pretty good description.

Tri-type 639
    Likes prplchknz, Novella liked this post