• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jediism

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
weddingstormtrooperphoto.jpeg

...I believe it.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd rather that than Star Trek Conventions. :doh:

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
:shock:

can't say i don't believe it or didn't see something like this coming. it's still shocking though when someone actually has pictures of a jedi wedding.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Makes more sense than a religion founded by a bunch of old geezers 2000 years ago thinking an everyday niceguy could work miracles. (And they also thought the world was flat!)

And makes far more sense than a religion founded by a warlord (among other things...but those other things are pretty defamatory) as an excuse to pillage and plunder nearby cities, and used by crazy people to smash planes into buildings and blow themselves up in malls and restaurants.

Now of course, I wish I myself could use the force. Being able to mind control people with jedi mind tricks is just ownage. Or jump to crazy heights.

Or if you have a disdain for subtlety, what's wrong with a bit of old fashioned LIGHTNING BLAST OF DEATH?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

I've heard of this one, actually. People can worship anything, you know. It's not like there's a list you can pick from, it's just that some are more popular than others.

It seems odd that someone would try to follow a religion from a movie that's based on a power that can't be wielded here, but... there's people for you.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
The notion of "if you believe in something deeply enough, it'll be reality" is one that's been practiced for thousands of years by far more people. At least this religion can be called out on it, and nobody that practices it is doing anyone else harm. Plus, if it's Jediism and not Sithism, then it's a good religion.

I'll take a religion that's based off of a movie that attempted to recreate east-asian fantasy in a scifi setting than a religion that has people shouting ALLAH AKBAR before going boom and taking 20 others with them.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
The notion of "if you believe in something deeply enough, it'll be reality" is one that's been practiced for thousands of years by far more people. At least this religion can be called out on it, and nobody that practices it is doing anyone else harm. Plus, if it's Jediism and not Sithism, then it's a good religion.

I'll take a religion that's based off of a movie that attempted to recreate east-asian fantasy in a scifi setting than a religion that has people shouting ALLAH AKBAR before going boom and taking 20 others with them.

I doubt it's being treated by their "followers" as anything more than a tongue-in-cheek faux-religion.. but who knows, I'd have to look into it further,

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I doubt it's being treated by their "followers" as anything more than a tongue-in-cheek faux-religion...

Yes, it doesn't seem quite the same as what it's being compared to.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I'd rather that than Star Trek Conventions. :doh:

I always wanted to go to one of those, or a star wars one. :D

I would only follow the religion of the jedi if they could actually give me a light saber, for that I would follow them into the depths of hell and beyond.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yeah, when they start passing lightsabers out at the application tables, I'll sign up.

There's nothing WRONG with it.. I think it does less harm than scientology... but uh.. no thanks.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Who wouldn't believe it?

btw- I founded the Jedi Religion, just a heads up..

B

ByMySword

Yeah, when they start passing lightsabers out at the application tables, I'll sign up.

There's nothing WRONG with it.. I think it does less harm than scientology... but uh.. no thanks.

Yeah, me and Meta said the same thing.

If they offered combat training, I'd be more inclined to be interested.

But just the philosophy? Eh, I can do that on my own.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A lightsaber would definitely be kickass. It has to be the coolest fictional weapon of all time. Just the pure, overwhelming style of it!