User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default 32. What do people strive for after enlightenment?

32. What do people strive for after enlightenment?

Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Endarkenment.
    Likes magpie, Video, Lucy_Ricardo liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

"One practices a reverence and agape love for all life form. We do not hate our enemies for they are misguided and on another path. We set up boundaries, find like minded individuals and seek to enhance one's potential. We are more fully immersed in the net of our combined and shared humanity."

Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I don't believe in enlightenment from an external source. The only light is the one we create. And once we have created our own light, that is, found answers to our questions that leaves us with more unanaswered questions. And then in turn we need to create more light to answer those questions.

Self-realization is a process that never ends.
    Likes lightsun liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I don't believe in enlightenment from an external source. The only light is the one we create. And once we have created our own light, that is, found answers to our questions that leaves us with more unanaswered questions. And then in turn we need to create more light to answer those questions.

Self-realization is a process that never ends.
    Typh0n wrote, "...enlightenment from an external..." "...Self-realization is a process that never ends."

Neither do I. In this we are similar. Self actualization is as you said a process. It is the journey of our lifetime. Over time we will broaden and deepen our understanding of ourselves, others and reality. Paul
    Likes Typh0n liked this post

Just interested what exam/evangelical literature/scientology quiz these are all lifted from?
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
    explains / deals with this concept / question so well
    and so does the allegory of the cave by Plato once enlightened we seek to enlighten others, take them out of the cave so that they may see the sun.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Service to the greater whole seems to be the natural impulse of the embodied master (and by mastery I mean mastery of oneself) on this planet. But one is not ultimately obligated to even that if one is truly free. There are stories of people who upon realizing I AM THAT I AM choose to leave the planet. And when you take into account the sheer enegertic density of the planet right now, you can't blame them. I hate the world enlightenment because it leads people to understand it as some sort of objective realization that everyone experiences the same way and that somehow represents a specific state . It doesn't work that way.

Where did you get that quote from lightsun? I'm curious.
    Likes lightsun liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Live a live that you feel will bring you the most happiness and fulfillment.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by burningranger View Post
    Service to the greater whole seems to be the natural impulse of the embodied master (and by mastery I mean mastery of oneself) on this planet. But one is not ultimately obligated to even that if one is truly free. There are stories of people who upon realizing I AM THAT I AM choose to leave the planet. And when you take into account the sheer enegertic density of the planet right now, you can't blame them. I hate the world enlightenment because it leads people to understand it as some sort of objective realization that everyone experiences the same way and that somehow represents a specific state . It doesn't work that way.

Where did you get that quote from lightsun? I'm curious.
    it's my own writing. Sometimes I post under my spiritual name of LightSun and quote.