• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

your words are a sword

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
when jesus said that you say the mountain will move, they are more than just words,they contain power, remember when soulja gutter from business says I hope the irs take your stuff and you go broke, not exact words, and it happens. words are so powerful they alone could lead to the end of life as we know, but it must be said with confidence and power.
that is why james wrote that the power of life and death is in the tongue

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"In the beginning, there was word. The word was with God, and the word was God."

Let's take therapy done by speaking, as an example. Think what it does to you and think what it does to your brain, your hormone levels, your perception, anything which are the sum parts of the whole you consider you, and think about how this healing process with words can be reversed. Words are not a sword, they are a caduceus, a medicine and poison which takes form with the directed intent of the one who is using them, if they need to be anything at all.

P.S.: They don't.

Sword is a word. In fact a word with the word word in it. However, words are not swords with the exception of course of the word sword which is both a word and a sword.

Mole

Permabanned
when jesus said that you say the mountain will move, they are more than just words,they contain power, remember when soulja gutter from business says I hope the irs take your stuff and you go broke, not exact words, and it happens. words are so powerful they alone could lead to the end of life as we know, but it must be said with confidence and power.

Words are swords or words are bullets are metaphors, they are not literally true.

However for the literal minded, metaphors are literally true.

And when we are in a religious trance we lose the ability to tell the difference between metaphor and reality. And so we get the literal interpretation of the Bible and the Koran.

This is why all religions are devoted to inducing trance in their followers through ritual, and ideology.

And this explains why the religious are able to carry out such atrocities as the rape of children, the oppression of women, and the murder of gays and apostates, the mass murder of people of other religions, and irrational beliefs such as creationism and the Trinity. They commit these atrocities while in a trance where their critical minds are asleep, and their consciences are untroubled.

StrawberryBoots

"In the beginning, there was word. The word was with God, and the word was God."

Let's take therapy done by speaking, as an example. Think what it does to you and think what it does to your brain, your hormone levels, your perception, anything which are the sum parts of the whole you consider you, and think about how this healing process with words can be reversed. Words are not a sword, they are a caduceus, a medicine and poison which takes form with the directed intent of the one who is using them, if they need to be anything at all.

P.S.: They don't.

God's word is referred to as a sword in the Bible: the "Sword of the Spirit," which is the Word of God. (Ephesians 6:17) Also, in Hebrews 4:12.

You'll hear Christians talking about putting on the full armor of God; the sword is one component of the armor.

That may be what the original poster is thinking about when referring to a sword. Our words can come from scripture and be powerful. I believe the Bible is the living, breathing Word of God, as God says it is in Hebrews 4:12.

I don't know why I did the confidential reputation, this is public material right here. Smile!

StrawberryBoots

Amen. By faith we understand that the universe was formed by God's command, so that what is seen came from the unseen.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Supposedly the pen is mightier than the sword. These days, though, it has been supplanted by the keyboard.

StrawberryBoots

words are so powerful they alone could lead to the end of life as we know, but it must be said with confidence and power.
Jesus said in Matthew 12:37: "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." The translated word "justified" in this scripture could also be written as "to render or to create."

Basically, one can speak blessings or curses over their own life (and over others).

More related scripture:
"Words from the mouth of the wise are gracious, but fools are consumed by their own lips." Ecclesiastes 10:12
"A fool's mouth is his ruin, And his lips are the snare of his soul." Proverbs 18:7

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Words are an "as seen on TV" do everything tool

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Penii need not contaminate this Godly thread.

The Lord rebuke you!

Lmao...God owns the world, why short change him to a mere thread. The Lord rebukes you for miminalizing him.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought my pen was a sword. So... I can write swords with my sword and the read swords out loud. Fucking awesome.

nor

MBTI Type
INTP
Even the sharpest wit, wielding the most powerful lightning as a sword, can't outmatch stupidity with rhetoric misunderstood; perhaps relatively incomprehensible, too -- brilliant rhetoricians shrilling in space.

Last edited: