• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

consequences of true knowledge

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
you are going to lose some sympathy for people due to the fact that if you dig deeper in some people's life or countrie's life style or look from another angle, they either got what they deserve or you realize they played with the devil

obviously you or someone else could be in danger of either getting hurt or killed through the process when you tell the absolute truth

it becomes depressing once you find out what really is going on or what someone or a group of people are really doing

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The whole concept of knowledge is quite blur and difficult to determine, let alone "true knowledge".

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
Everything has a dark side. The trick is to be aware of it and not play into it yourself. Nothing is perfect, and nothing is all righteousness and purity. But that doesn't mean that everything is wholly bad. Managing the disappointment is just part of being a well-adjusted adult.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fiction was invented for a reason. The truth-seeker will pay the price.

Lark

Did someone said anything about jews on this thread?

you are going to lose some sympathy for people due to the fact that if you dig deeper in some people's life or countrie's life style or look from another angle, they either got what they deserve or you realize they played with the devil

obviously you or someone else could be in danger of either getting hurt or killed through the process when you tell the absolute truth

it becomes depressing once you find out what really is going on or what someone or a group of people are really doing
^

Mole

Permabanned
There is truth with a small t, and Truth with a capital T.

The small t truth is statistical, and something can be 99.99% likely or 1% likely, while Truth with a capital T is a religious truth and is certain.

Small t truth is arrived at through evidence and reason with our fully awake critical mind, while religious Truth with a capital T is arrived at while we are enchanted, while we are in a trance, and our imagination is awake and our critical mind is asleep.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
you are going to lose some sympathy for people due to the fact that if you dig deeper in some people's life or countrie's life style or look from another angle, they either got what they deserve or you realize they played with the devil obviously you or someone else could be in danger of either getting hurt or killed through the process when you tell the absolute truth it becomes depressing once you find out what really is going on or what someone or a group of people are really doing

I used to stop and ponder the moral code of humans, since I was too smart for my own good. I cared too much, in fact, I gave too many fucks back then until I had no more fucks to give.
Now, I'm immune to anything. Whatever revelations you think it is that could shock me, I just don't care. The only job you have to do is help those you can help, be strong for the weak of hearts, learn to see the positive in the negative, and stop complaining about what could've happened or what happened.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I still don't see any mention to jews. I think I might need new glasses.

I think he's extrapolating from [MENTION=24057]draon9[/MENTION]'s statements the that atrocities that have happened to people throughout history (like the Holocaust) are their own fault. I think that's probably his line of reasoning, although it's not immediately clear to me if the OP meant that.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think he's extrapolating from [MENTION=24057]draon9[/MENTION]'s statements the that atrocities that have happened to people throughout history (like the Holocaust) are their own fault. I think that's probably his line of reasoning, although it's not immediately clear to me if the OP meant that.

Looking from this perspective, it can be about any minority. Still don't understand why the post is anti-semitic.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is truth with a small t, and Truth with a capital T.

The small t truth is statistical, and something can be 99.99% likely or 1% likely, while Truth with a capital T is a religious truth and is certain.

Small t truth is arrived at through evidence and reason with our fully awake critical mind, while religious Truth with a capital T is arrived at while we are enchanted, while we are in a trance, and our imagination is awake and our critical mind is asleep.

Religious dogma can also be instilled through fear.

Mole

Permabanned
Religious dogma can also be instilled through fear.

An excellent way to induce a trance is through fear. And in the trance of fear our critical minds go to sleep and our imaginative minds wake up and flesh out our fears.