• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

it is your destiny to fall or rise

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
a lot of people are ordained to just fall from grace or rise into grace.
simple, jesus said to john the revelator when he was in patmos, I am the alpha and omega, he beginning and the end, the first and the last.
he knows what choices you are going to make.

Lark

a lot of people are ordained to just fall from grace or rise into grace.
simple, jesus said to john the revelator when he was in patmos, I am the alpha and omega, he beginning and the end, the first and the last.
he knows what choices you are going to make.

Pre-destination is a heresy, anyone who understands the life and ministry of Jesus, in particular the significance of healing leprosy or cripples and the blind, will know that he rejected the Jewish versions of the idea clean out of hand.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I reject the idea of destiny, fate, pre-desitination et al, what would be the point of exerting will in that case? :laugh:

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I have a destiny. I have the ability to make my own choices which culminates in consequences that lead me into things that happen in my life. What I am, what I accomplish is entirely up to myself only.

Lark

The flip side of destiny is fatalism and I dont like the idea of either.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with the three users above in this regard. Destiny is a tool used by rulers to convince their subjects that they have no say in life.

Lark

Who are all these new users?

Anyway, I'm not a believer in predestination or fate but I do believe in some sorts of determinism and diminished responsibility, although while I believe those circumstances do exist I think that its important that personal responsibility and free agency are guiding principles as the alternative IS fatalistic resulting in feeding the powerlessness instead of the hope or possibility of change

StrawberryBoots

Who are all these new users?

Anyway, I'm not a believer in predestination or fate but I do believe in some sorts of determinism and diminished responsibility, although while I believe those circumstances do exist I think that its important that personal responsibility and free agency are guiding principles as the alternative IS fatalistic resulting in feeding the powerlessness instead of the hope or possibility of change
Sounds like Calvinist doctrine.

P.S., I'm not a believer in predestination either. The scripture that folks often use to support predestination, I can see them as misinterpreted or taken out of context. To me, squabbling over such topics is fruitless and loses sight of Jesus.