User Tag List

123 Last

Default Child Sexual Abuse and Catholicism

The Treasurer of the Roman Catholic Church, Cardinal George Pell, has just been charged with multiple counts of child sexual abuse by the Prosecutor and the Police of Victoria, Australia.

The Roman Catholic Church has betrayed children at the worst possible psychological level in order to protect the reputation of their Church.

Yet still parents send their children to Catholic schools because they provide cheap private school education. The Catholic Church provides cheap private school education in order to indoctrinate children into worshipping their God, called the Trinity with three persons in one God, in other words, a three headed God.

Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Mole do you assert anything positive, or do you just acccuse those things you find negative?
    Likes Xiadais liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

He's doing his best to arouse a strong emotional response so he has an active, fulfilling discussion.

I mean there are less low hanging fruit to pick but he chose this one so...

Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Demi-Fiend View Post
    He's doing his best to arouse a strong emotional response so he has an active, fulfilling discussion.

I mean there are less low hanging fruit to pick but he chose this one so...
    If you read his posts around the forum, he is fixated with accusing certain things, namely the MBTI, Catholicism, Trump, new technologies, there are few others but the point is he focuses on those things, and nothing else. When discussing MBTI, I asked him what he thought about me rejecting MBTI in favor of socionics, and he didn't even respond, nor does he ever mention enneagram for instance. It's like there's nothing wrong with criticizing any of these things in and of itself, but when your thinking is so compartamentalized that you don't enough notice anything similar in concept to those things you are fixated on, it makes me actually wonder what school of thought he belongs to, what his thinking infleunces are, his thinking isn't random shit he spews, it's very mechanical.

I also feel like he never places emphasis on what should be focused on, just on what is negative, but you're probably right that it's done to stimulate discussion.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    If you read his posts around the forum, he is fixated with accusing certain things, namely the MBTI, Catholicism, Trump, new technologies, there are few others but the point is he focuses on those things, and nothing else. When discussing MBTI, I asked him what he thought about me rejecting MBTI in favor of socionics, and he didn't even respond, nor does he ever mention enneagram for instance. It's like there's nothing wrong with criticizing any of these things in and of itself, but when your thinking is so compartamentalized that you don't enough notice anything similar in concept to those things you are fixated on, it makes me actually wonder what school of thought he belongs to, what his thinking infleunces are, his thinking isn't random shit he spews, it's very mechanical.

I also feel like he never places emphasis on what should be focused on, just on what is negative, but you're probably right that it's done to stimulate discussion.
    At this point, it pretty much just stimulates active ignoring.
    Aside from the few folks who get frustrated enough to ask him why he does this all the time.
    ... and so the cycle continues.

There's a lot the Catholic Church hierarchy does need to answer for in regards to this kind of thing, but these threads seem to just be about a hatchet job.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The Treasurer of the Roman Catholic Church, Cardinal George Pell, has just been charged with multiple counts of child sexual abuse by the Prosecutor and the Police of Victoria, Australia.
    I'm surprised he will face charges.

The Roman Catholic Church has betrayed children at the worst possible psychological level in order to protect the reputation of their Church.
    Yes. There is no doubt.

Yet still parents send their children to Catholic schools because they provide cheap private school education. The Catholic Church provides cheap private school education
    You're speaking of a personal preference. I happen to agree. Personally, I wouldn't send my child to a religious school, even though I am religious but most certainly not a Catholic school. This is not due to those who teach there who are representing their faith respectively and living in accordance to its ethics but because it only takes one monster hiding in their midst to do massive damage. Adding to this, and what is driving my personal decision is that there has been shown there is no protection from above for any children who are victimized.

Until the Catholic Church PROACTIVELY and TRANSPARENTLY hands over the files on these abusers, stops silencing it's victims or buying them off, hiding perpetrators - there is real danger to children.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yet still parents send their children to Catholic schools because they provide cheap private school education. The Catholic Church provides cheap private school education in order to indoctrinate children into worshipping their God, called the Trinity with three persons in one God, in other words, a three headed God.

Catholicism has always had its critics, because of its actions as a presiding body over a religion, as the religion itself, or even for what it represents and how its perceived by people. As democratic as the free world is, Catholism really is sort of this remainng vestige from the past, a monarchy of a belief system rather than of a political system, isn't it? It's sort of this "bastion of tradition", a stronghold against liberalism in some regards. Though, with the move of the Catholic Church to bring to power, a new pope, one from Argentina rather than from Italy, and one with more contemporary views, it is obvious the church is also aware of its image and the need to reform certain aspects of itself if it wishes to remain relevant.

Why I bring the above up though, is why I remain hesitant to jumping on the bandwagon of dismantling the Catholic Church piece by piece, and on a larger scale, religion, as an attempt to question its relativity within our contemporary society. Certainly, I hold the Catholic Church and the clergy and members associated, to the same laws and scrutiny as the common man, and my own personal relationship with Catholicism has undergone various stages throughout my life, but I am skeptical as to where the issue here truly lies? I don't doubt there is child sexual abuse, but just as I don't doubt there is child sexual abuse within other areas of society. I also do not doubt there are cover-ups to protect their image, as is the case with other instances where socially unacceptable acts are committed in other areas of society. My point being, and skepticism here, is if the charges and accusations against the Catholc church are not ALSO tied in to this growing trend against religion and people of faith. Other religions may face their own issues with the public image, but since the Catholc Church is the largest within the Christian faith, why NOT go for the jugular?

The religious are constantly mocked for having little intelligence, of blindly following a belief, etc. Such common "jokes" and jabs are not merely casual, but are meant to denegrate and subject groups of people to a status beneath those that are not religious.

All the above, is where I come from on this issue, and again, is why I am hesitant here in placing judgement on the faith, rather than on those that commit these horrific acts.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes Typh0n, hav, Xiadais liked this post

Interesting.

Including one of rape.
    The Pope’s Pedophile?
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    At this point, it pretty much just stimulates active ignoring.
    Aside from the few folks who get frustrated enough to ask him why he does this all the time.
    ... and so the cycle continues.

There's a lot the Catholic Church hierarchy does need to answer for in regards to this kind of thing, but these threads seem to just be about a hatchet job.
    Ever since I was invited to join Typology Central by the moderator, Geoff, I have been subject to character assassination. This is plainly a group neurosis that needs to be analysed, evaluated, and integrated into our understanding of ourselves.

It is of interest that Dr Sigmund Freud was also subject to character assassination by the medical establishment, and was driven out of his home, and out of his country, and made a refugee, and his extended family murdered, by the political establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I'm surprised he will face charges.

Yes. There is no doubt.

You're speaking of a personal preference. I happen to agree. Personally, I wouldn't send my child to a religious school, even though I am religious but most certainly not a Catholic school. This is not due to those who teach there who are representing their faith respectively and living in accordance to its ethics but because it only takes one monster hiding in their midst to do massive damage. Adding to this, and what is driving my personal decision is that there has been shown there is no protection from above for any children who are victimized.

Until the Catholic Church PROACTIVELY and TRANSPARENTLY hands over the files on these abusers, stops silencing it's victims or buying them off, hiding perpetrators - there is real danger to children.
    There is almost no danger to children in from Catholic priests in prosperous countries with the rule of law after the nine year Judicial Enquiry into child abuse in Ireland, and the National Royal Commission into child abuse in Australia. However there remains danger to children in impoverished countries with little or no rule of law such as the Philippines or South America or parts of Asia and Africa.