User Tag List

Default Context and Content

There is context and content. And changing the context changes the content, but we can change the content without changing the context.

Our largest context is the universe and it changed in 1998.

And everything changed within the context of the universe, but mostly we haven't even looked at the changes. Every religion has a creation story, well, the creation story changed in 1998. And we have barely noticed.

Of course we cling to old contexts and old paradigms, we drive forward looking in the rear vision mirror while the new context is pouring through the windscreen.

We seem adverse to thinking abstractly because thinking abstractly means thinking in contexts.

We also seem to be parochial: we want to make our country great again, or we want the whole world to submit to our God.

But in 1998 we discovered the universe is moving away from us at an accelerating rate, and we don't know what it means.

MBTI
    INFP

And there are people who say they don't believe in climate change.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

Mahatma Gandhi

Gonna Take You Higher Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by MyCupOfTea View Post
    And there are people who say they don't believe in climate change.
    And there are people who say they don't believe the Earth is round.

Mole, I feel as if you're trying to say the same thing in every thread you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Demi-Fiend View Post
    Mole, I feel as if you're trying to say the same thing in every thread you post.
    I think there is some truth in this. Each post of mine, for 18,000 posts, is an iteration of a fundamental idea, I am not quite sure what it is, so I keep iterating it, and elaborating it, in the hope it will become clear to me.

However it is interesting that all my posts are written in the same style. This may be a clue.
    Likes Atomic Fiend liked this post