User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 23

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)

    Hi all,

    New member here. : )

    I've come across a fascinating book that talks about high level spiritual things from a scientific perspective. This book is intriguing as it talks about many similar things to what people in mystical states mention such as seeing into parallel dimensions and interacting with beings from other worlds etc.

    This book is called Zhuan Falun and it is from the Buddha Law School of Cultivation however it is not Buddhism the religion or Daoism the religion, it's something more profound. It seems to me to be more of a spiritual science as many of the terms and concepts in the book are talked about in a scientific down to earth manner instead of flowery mystical prose which I found very refreshing.

    Now here is where it gets interesting, this book talks about the following things:


    Other Dimensions - Levels Of Dimensions spanning into the microcosm and also outwards into the macrocosm

    The Soul - It talks about people having a Master soul and a subordinate soul which is hidden from you but is at a more advanced level then you, it states some people have more then one Subordinate soul and some are of not of the same sex as you i.e males having a female subordinate soul etc.

    Microcosmic worlds - This concept was very far out but it talks about there being worlds within you, countless worlds. Similar to our world with life , water, animals etc. An analogy is zooming an an atom within one of your cells and realizing at that level of magnification it is just like our solar system. Then zooming into a single particle in that world and finding out it too is a vast world, apparently the level it can go onwards like this is beyond imagination.

    Supernatural Abilities - In the book they mention that everyone has them it is just that they have atrophied. It goes into depth about this topic. Some abilities that are mentioned are precognition, retrocognition and remote vision.

    The 3rd Eye - Talks about how at the front part of our pineal gland there is a complete structure of an eye there. Modern science calls it a vestigial eye but in the cultivation world they say this eye just naturally exists like that and it can be activated allowing one to pierce through this dimension and see other dimensions. It talks about how there are many levels to this 3rd eye and it goes into great depth about it.

    Thoughts - This part was amazing. It talks about how a human brain is just a processing plant. How the real you is actually your soul, it's like your whole body and brain is just a vehicle and that the true commands are issued by your master soul, but this master soul is very tiny and it can switch positions while inside you and it can also expand and shrink. It can move from your brain to your heart and to other parts of your body and it is 'he' who calls the shots. Your brain is just the factory which your master soul sends his cosmic commands to which then create the forms of expression and communication we use such as speech, gestures, etc.



    These are just a few things that are covered but there are many many other things which blew my mind when I read it because of how it resonated with some of the mystical experiences people sometimes have, especially the multidimensional nature of reality and how all of them are hidden in our day to day perceptions of the world.

    If this sounds interesting to anyone you can grab a copy of the book here:

    http://en.falundafa.org/eng/pdf/ZFL2014.pdf
    Likes Xann, Lotus liked this post

  2. #2
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnergyGem View Post
    Hi all,

    New member here. : )

    I've come across a fascinating book that talks about high level spiritual things from a scientific perspective. This book is intriguing as it talks about many similar things to what people in mystical states mention such as seeing into parallel dimensions and interacting with beings from other worlds etc.

    This book is called Zhuan Falun and it is from the Buddha Law School of Cultivation however it is not Buddhism the religion or Daoism the religion, it's something more profound. It seems to me to be more of a spiritual science as many of the terms and concepts in the book are talked about in a scientific down to earth manner instead of flowery mystical prose which I found very refreshing.

    Now here is where it gets interesting, this book talks about the following things:

    Other Dimensions - Levels Of Dimensions spanning into the microcosm and also outwards into the macrocosm

    The Soul - It talks about people having a Master soul and a subordinate soul which is hidden from you but is at a more advanced level then you, it states some people have more then one Subordinate soul and some are of not of the same sex as you i.e males having a female subordinate soul etc.

    Microcosmic worlds - This concept was very far out but it talks about there being worlds within you, countless worlds. Similar to our world with life , water, animals etc. An analogy is zooming an an atom within one of your cells and realizing at that level of magnification it is just like our solar system. Then zooming into a single particle in that world and finding out it too is a vast world, apparently the level it can go onwards like this is beyond imagination.

    Supernatural Abilities - In the book they mention that everyone has them it is just that they have atrophied. It goes into depth about this topic. Some abilities that are mentioned are precognition, retrocognition and remote vision.

    The 3rd Eye - Talks about how at the front part of our pineal gland there is a complete structure of an eye there. Modern science calls it a vestigial eye but in the cultivation world they say this eye just naturally exists like that and it can be activated allowing one to pierce through this dimension and see other dimensions. It talks about how there are many levels to this 3rd eye and it goes into great depth about it.

    Thoughts - This part was amazing. It talks about how a human brain is just a processing plant. How the real you is actually your soul, it's like your whole body and brain is just a vehicle and that the true commands are issued by your master soul, but this master soul is very tiny and it can switch positions while inside you and it can also expand and shrink. It can move from your brain to your heart and to other parts of your body and it is 'he' who calls the shots. Your brain is just the factory which your master soul sends his cosmic commands to which then create the forms of expression and communication we use such as speech, gestures, etc.

    These are just a few things that are covered but there are many many other things which blew my mind when I read it because of how it resonated with some of the mystical experiences people sometimes have, especially the multidimensional nature of reality and how all of them are hidden in our day to day perceptions of the world.

    If this sounds interesting to anyone you can grab a copy of the book here:

    http://en.falundafa.org/eng/pdf/ZFL2014.pdf
    Falun Gong is interesting. It is part of the very long history of China which is authoritarian and without a loyal opposition. And being without a loyal opposition China has created a substitute in religious movements. So political opposition must be hidden in China, and historically it has been hidden in religious movements.

    And Falun Gong is such a religious movement of covert political opposition. Falun Gong presents itself as innocuous, while presenting vicious attacks on the authoritarian government of China.

    For a liberal democratic Westerner Falun Gong appeals to us because of their opposition to an authoritarian State, but should we give in to temptation and support Falun Gong, we are jumping from the frying pan into the fire, for Falun Gong are as authoritarian as the Communist Party of China.

    The authoritarian leader of Falun Gong is Master Li, and Master Li cannot be questioned.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Falun Gong is interesting. It is part of the very long history of China which is authoritarian and without a loyal opposition. And being without a loyal opposition China has created a substitute in religious movements. So political opposition must be hidden in China, and historically it has been hidden in religious movements.

    And Falun Gong is such a religious movement of covert political opposition. Falun Gong presents itself as innocuous, while presenting vicious attacks on the authoritarian government of China.

    For a liberal democratic Westerner Falun Gong appeals to us because of their opposition to an authoritarian State, but should we give in to temptation and support Falun Gong, we are jumping from the frying pan into the fire, for Falun Gong are as authoritarian as the Communist Party of China.

    The authoritarian leader of Falun Gong is Master Li, and Master Li cannot be questioned.
    Falun Dafa is based on the precepts of Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance and has never attacked anyone, it only kindly points of the persecution that the Chinese Communist Government has foisted upon it. The truly vicious ones are the Chinese Communist Party who have imprisoned, tortured and harvested the organs of thousands of Falun Dafa practitioners in mainland China, truly something demonic:

    Persecution | Falun Dafa - Minghui.org

    Witness to a killing during live organ harvesting of Falun Gong practitioner - YouTube


    The whole world supports Falun Dafa apart from the evil Chinese Communist Party who is still persecuting it:

    "By April 2001, Mr. Li Hongzhi had received over 340 awards and proclamations from Australia, Canada, China (before crackdown), Japan, Russia, and the U.S. in recognition of the extraordinary contributions to people's spiritual and physical health, and to freedom of belief in the world. These include certificates of recognition from several governmental bodies in the United States – including Honorary Citizenship awarded by The State of Georgia and city of Atlanta.

    On 14 March 2001, The Freedom House bestowed Li Hongzhi and Falun Gong with an International Religious Freedom Award for the advancement of religious and spiritual freedom at a ceremony in the United States Senate. In the same year, Li was ranked the most powerful communicator in Asia by Asiaweek magazine "for his power to inspire, to mobilize people and to spook Beijing".He was nominated for the 2001 Sakharov Prize by over 25 members of European Parliament, was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2000 and 2001, and in 2013 was ranked by Foreign Policy Magazine as one of the 500 most powerful people in the world."

    Source: Li Hongzhi - Wikipedia

    It has also healed thousands of people from various ailments, a whole book has been written on it's rejuvinating and healing effects:

    New Book: Life and Hope Renewed - The Healing Power of Falun Dafa | Falun Dafa - Minghui.org

  4. #4
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    I'm curious about low level spiritual things, personally.

    Since levels imply size and looking at the universe we find concerns of size outside of our immediate cultural values or earth - based perceptions, are meaningless. Or if not meaningless, then so much a part of a spectrum of differences, all of which are fascinating.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  5. #5
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnergyGem View Post
    Falun Dafa is based on the precepts of Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance and has never attacked anyone, it only kindly points of the persecution that the Chinese Communist Government has foisted upon it. The truly vicious ones are the Chinese Communist Party who have imprisoned, tortured and harvested the organs of thousands of Falun Dafa practitioners in mainland China, truly something demonic:

    Persecution | Falun Dafa - Minghui.org

    Witness to a killing during live organ harvesting of Falun Gong practitioner - YouTube


    The whole world supports Falun Dafa apart from the evil Chinese Communist Party who is still persecuting it:

    "By April 2001, Mr. Li Hongzhi had received over 340 awards and proclamations from Australia, Canada, China (before crackdown), Japan, Russia, and the U.S. in recognition of the extraordinary contributions to people's spiritual and physical health, and to freedom of belief in the world. These include certificates of recognition from several governmental bodies in the United States – including Honorary Citizenship awarded by The State of Georgia and city of Atlanta.

    On 14 March 2001, The Freedom House bestowed Li Hongzhi and Falun Gong with an International Religious Freedom Award for the advancement of religious and spiritual freedom at a ceremony in the United States Senate. In the same year, Li was ranked the most powerful communicator in Asia by Asiaweek magazine "for his power to inspire, to mobilize people and to spook Beijing".He was nominated for the 2001 Sakharov Prize by over 25 members of European Parliament, was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2000 and 2001, and in 2013 was ranked by Foreign Policy Magazine as one of the 500 most powerful people in the world."

    Source: Li Hongzhi - Wikipedia

    It has also healed thousands of people from various ailments, a whole book has been written on it's rejuvinating and healing effects:

    New Book: Life and Hope Renewed - The Healing Power of Falun Dafa | Falun Dafa - Minghui.org
    This is Falun Gong propaganda and follows in Master Li's footsteps in eschewing critical thinking. What do you take us for?
    Likes agentwashington liked this post

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    This is Falun Gong propaganda and follows in Master Li's footsteps in eschewing critical thinking. What do you take us for?
    It's not propaganda, it's the Truth.

    The one's who are truly spreading propaganda are the Chinese Communist Party, they are masters of propaganda and deceit:

    Propaganda | Falun Dafa - Minghui.org

    Internet Water Army - Wikipedia

  7. #7
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnergyGem View Post
    It's not propaganda, it's the Truth.

    The one's who are truly spreading propaganda are the Chinese Communist Party, they are masters of propaganda and deceit:

    Propaganda | Falun Dafa - Minghui.org

    Internet Water Army - Wikipedia
    It's true the Communist Party of China is authoritarian, and disregards human rights, and does persecute Falun Gong members, so we are naturally sympathetic to Falun Gong, but this is a conflict between two Chinese political groups. And both are authoritarian and both are in the Chinese tradition, not the Western tradition.

    Falun Gong are trying to recruit Westerners to their authoritarian political religion, but they give themselves away by only applying critical thought to the Communist Party of China and never to themselves, and never to their leader, Master Li.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    It's true the Communist Party of China is authoritarian, and disregards human rights, and does persecute Falun Gong members, so we are naturally sympathetic to Falun Gong, but this is a conflict between two Chinese political groups. And both are authoritarian and both are in the Chinese tradition, not the Western tradition.

    Falun Gong are trying to recruit Westerners to their authoritarian political religion, but they give themselves away by only applying critical thought to the Communist Party of China and never to themselves, and never to their leader, Master Li.
    How is Falun Dafa political? Can you find something in Zhuan Falun that's political? It doesn't get involved in politics in the least, it's just that if good hearted people are being persecuted for their beliefs by the CCP people are going to speak out against it and raise awareness of this crime. There is not even a trace of anything political in Falun Dafa.

  9. #9
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnergyGem View Post
    How is Falun Dafa political? Can you find something in Zhuan Falun that's political? It doesn't get involved in politics in the least, it's just that if good hearted people are being persecuted for their beliefs by the CCP people are going to speak out against it and raise awareness of this crime. There is not even a trace of anything political in Falun Dafa.
    C'mon, I walk past the Chinese Embassy on my way to the Yacht Club regularly, and outside the Embassy is a political protest by Falun Gong. I speak to them and they never give me anything but political propaganda, just as you do here.

    The Chinese Embassy complains about the political protest on their front doorstep, and ask the Australian Government to remove the Falun Gong, but alas for the Chinese Government we have free political speech in Australia. And the Falun Gong continue their political protest in the face of their political enemy.

    A few Westerners are taken in by Master Li, but the main political conflict is between the Communist Party of China and Master Li and Falun Gong. And what is important for the naive and trusting is that neither the Communist Party of China nor Master Li and Falun Gong are liberal democratic, but both are authoritarian.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    C'mon, I walk past the Chinese Embassy on my way to the Yacht Club regularly, and outside the Embassy is a political protest by Falun Gong. I speak to them and they never give me anything but political propaganda, just as you do here.

    The Chinese Embassy complains about the political protest on their front doorstep, and ask the Australian Government to remove the Falun Gong, but alas for the Chinese Government we have free political speech in Australia. And the Falun Gong continue their political protest in the face of their political enemy.

    A few Westerners are taken in by Master Li, but the main political conflict is between the Communist Party of China and Master Li and Falun Gong. And what is important for the naive and trusting is that neither the Communist Party of China nor Master Li and Falun Gong are liberal democratic, but both are authoritarian.
    If a government ( namely the Chinese Communist Party) is imprisoning, torturing and performing live organ harvesting operations on Falun Dafa disciples you think they should not raise awareness about these unspeakably heinous crimes and just stay quiet?

    The whole world knows that the CCP is just really a mafia based on fear, deceit and strife. Even the U.N knows what is occuring with Falun Dafa in mainland China:

    Falun Gong Organ Harvesting Takes Center Stage at US Congress and UN - YouTube


    There's nothing authoritarian about Master Li Hongzhi or Falun Dafa. In fact, it states in Zhuan Falun that if one does not want to cultivate, that's totally up to them:

    excerpt 1:

    "Here we’re teaching you to take the right path, and along with that, we’re teaching you the Law inside and out and encouraging you to have your own understanding of it, but it’s still up to you whether you decide to learn it. The master leads you through the door, but cultivation is up to you. Nobody’s going to push you to cultivate. It’s up to you whether you cultivate. Or to put it another way, when you choose your own path, when you decide what you want, or when you’re trying to get something—nobody will stop you. They can only try to kindly persuade you"

    excerpt 2:

    "Our Falun Dafa is one of the Buddhist system’s 84,000 disciplines. It’s never been passed on to the general public before during this period of civilization, but it did once save people on a large scale in a prehistoric age. Today I’m spreading it again widely during this final period of the kalpa’s end, so it’s just extremely precious."

    excerpt 3:

    "I’m not saying you have to learn my Falun Dafa, but I can say that what I’m doing is sharing some principles with you. If you want to cultivate you have to commit to one discipline, or else you won’t be able to cultivate one bit. Of course, if you don’t want to cultivate we’ll leave you alone. The Law is meant to be heard by people who really cultivate."

Similar Threads

  1. It should be against the law....
    By Little Linguist in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 08:03 AM
  2. Against the Law to be Fat in Japan?
    By heart in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 03:00 PM
  3. Turning the World Upside-down
    By FFF in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 11:41 AM
  4. Turning the workplace into an online rpg
    By Geoff in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 12:29 AM
  5. This is why incest is against the law...
    By The Ü™ in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 01:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO