• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you an advice giver? Do you like receiving advice?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hoard advices, and use them if I think they will benefit me.

I ask for advice but don't always follow it because sometimes I come to my own conclusions, or realize that what they said makes no sense. Besides sometimes two different people give me contradicting advice.

Ingrid in grids

It is difficult for me to refrain from giving advice when I see someone is hurting or dealing with a painful situation. It immediately makes me want to fix things, and my mind jumps to find creative solutions to solve the problem.

A few weeks ago, someone mentioned to me that often our desire to give advice stems from our own discomfort with other people's pain. It's something I've been thinking about in relation to my own compulsion to give advice. I still do, but it's a good thing to keep in mind. Sometimes it's much more difficult to simply listen and not offer any solutions.

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
I do actually, a lot. But only when the areas is one I feel I actually am informed enough in (or at least I aim to.) I thinks advice giving just one form of showing you care about the person, as well as what happens to them.

But giving advice with out having carefully heard the person out is Not caring in my eyes. I think advice should be more like suggestions and not a way of blaming/telling someone how to live.