User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

  1. #1
    Senior Member lightsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    349

    Default Actualize and Enlightenment: Can we actualize? How is it possible to actualize?

    Actualize and Enlightenment: Can we actualize? How is it possible to actualize? What is your path in order to actualize?

    bless
    Quote:

    "Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world." - Sri Ramana Maharshi

    bless
    Quote:

    “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” ~Richard Bach


    Quote:

    “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” ~ Lao-Tzu
    Likes Typh0n, Isk Stark liked this post

  2. #2
    Senior Member lightsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Self Actualization:
    "Actualize and Enlightenment: Can we actualize? How is it possible to actualize? What is your path in order to actualize? What do people strive for after enlightenment?"
    "I've said the human race has not evolved emotionally or spirituality in six thousand years. It seems each generation repeats basic human flaws. The only offsetting thing is there is progress In the form of laws.

    The laws all have been fought and resisted by mankind. If there was to be a disaster where we lost technology due to say a nuclear holocaust we would quickly revert to savagery. Man is an irrational rational species. The use of reason is not innate. For this reason cognitive mindfulness needs to be implemented in the school systems. If we keep our current school structure we will advance in a technological sense. If we wish to evolve as a human race then a paradigm shift in the school system is needed otherwise our society will only replicate societal ills. The way out of the impasse is to teach children, the next generation how to reason and think as well behave humanely towards their classmates via empathy classes.

    It is not as of now because not enough attention and priority have been given to discipline our minds and learning to think. To just think that one will be a well rounded rational being without the needed training is unrealistic. The other component along with reason is compassion and empathy. Empathy classrooms need be implemented. Humanity and learning to be humane is not a given. If it's not taught then blind spots, rationalization, denial and emotional reasoning hold sway.

    Such it has been since the beginning of time and it will continue generation following unless we grow in a much more enlightened society where human compassion and reason is learned at a young age. It starts with the children if we want an enlightened future scape. 'Transformational Change' as our perceptions change our horizons broaden and expand as well. We in effect have a clearer view of reality and a larger view of the 'Whole.' Of course none of us will see the whole. It's simply not possible to see the whole scope. Part of the reasoning of that is we have different angles of perception of the world we live in. Thus variant specialization.

    The way to see the whole would be for all of our various specializations be united and glued in unison. This is where communication, incorporating diversified beliefs and getting rid arduously of a false premise in order to clear the lens of our perception. Buddha said question everything. We are imprinted with faulty data and false concepts. A large percentile of what we know to be truth are opinions handed down generationally. There is not one iota of scientific validation of premises such the like of 'Free Will.' In the Eastern world Buddhism talks of mindfulness. Western psychologies biggest field is CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy).

    It in parallel fashion speaks of being in tune with our inner thought process so we can address cognitive fallacies. We must unlearn from and eventually only partially depart from experiences we learned during our nurture and formative early childhood. It will take an entire lifetime's voyage of discovery and re-discovery. It is possible only in cases of some individuals will plus hard determination to slowly expand. The characteristic in change is in having the flexibility to change, evolve and transform. If we are lucky enough metamorphosis into the butterfly we all have capacity of becoming. Do you think this transformation is easy? Of course not, it is the painful process of stripping away layer upon layer in this labyrinth of false beliefs.

    “We as a human species seem to have a built in mechanism to "actualize “our self. That is to be the best that we can be at whatever our "gift" is, or special talent. The trick is to find that "hidden seed", that special uniqueness about our self. The next hurdle is get past lesser distractions that can impede our growth. These distractions are anything in life that occupies a lot of our time but is not an activity where one achieves "a state of FLOW". A state of flow is felt as "timelessness", and is a bit of "heaven" on earth!”

    "A path called actualizing is the journey of our life-time. We constantly grow if there is in us the desire of the truth and actualize. It is our compass. Difficulties will arise but there can be in us a spirit of prevailing, resiliency as well some faith and belief of our potential. There is that which is within us that is of incomparable beauty. We each have it, a connection to the divine. Call it soul, spirit, or human consciousness. “We constantly grow if there is in us the desire of the truth and actualize. If we are lucky, we receive truths both about ourselves as well as about the universe we happen to live in by the gifts of insight.

    Difficulties will arise but there can be in us a spirit of prevailing, resiliency as well some faith and belief of our potential. One has to search one's heart. The inner heart will give you the answers. In an attempt to actualize self it is but merely one foot before the other and trying not getting distracted from the vision. Who knows where our individual destinies will transport us to arrive? In addition, we will meet new individuals on our path and they shall help to be a guide on our path. I wish sharing any talented gift I may possess with others, as they share their gifts with me. All this so that I may complete my journey, if such a thing is even possible.

    “There is that which is within us that is called the seed of life. Each of us has in our genetic programming to thrive for the most part. This is not the case in unfortunate genetic deficiencies but even these people can actualize to the best of their abilities. Did anyone see the movie Ray Charles? Well his mother pushed him and made him believe in himself. This was support, guidance & belief in the child. How many parents focus on all the mistakes of a child and do not acknowledge the successes?

    The view of the human person who is wise consistently changes from say 18, 25, early thirties and beyond. It is a journey. We continually grow and expand. We can never learn or know too much. He who is on a path realizes the more they know, the more ignorant they realize they truly are. One who gets secure in his or her own position is not challenged, and that is a shame. For that is when growth stands still and one stagnates in their own moral self-righteousness. I hope to be cognizant of my abilities and continue learning to my last breath.

    We need to learn transparency and openness in order to heal. I think it can be thought of like our turtles crawling to the sea. It’s the phenomenon of a self-actualization. We strive and we grow, ever on toward new discoveries, new knowledge and a deeper and truer love of one's self, others and the greater reality we live in. “Here is something else to ponder. In developing as a child one must learn to have an ego and develop a sense of self identity in addition to self-esteem in the world in which we live in.

    As an adult, on the path, or I should say a path, for there are many paths to the top of the mountain, we must learn to let go of our ego's and transcend both it as well as our fears. We must learn to let go of defensiveness and listen with an open heart, to bereceptive, warm and open. We need to learn transparency and openness in order to heal. I think it can be thought of like our turtles crawling to the sea. It’s the phenomenon of a self-actualization. We strive and we grow, ever on toward new discoveries, new knowledge and a deeper and truer love of one's self, others and the greater reality we live in.

    “Every opportunity for enlightenment comes when we feel triggered by the externals of this world. Point must be taken looking within for that which is missing in us or why we feel a certain way and perhaps let reason be overridden by the emotional part in ourselves. This is to say every human to use understanding instead of using judging, to subconsciously project our demons onto the individual.

    The caveat about searching for real truth is we must, absolutely keep an open mind, is if one is overcome with anger and negative feelings, then their view about reality is more easily discounted. We have a tendency to project our realities unto others and real life situations. It’s at times such as this where we have a chance growing. We are very complex beings. For every situation (which is truthfully a generalization) there are a100 options, 100 reasons, & 100 variables.

    This or let ourselves be fooled and blame externals for a problem that may lie within. The particular problem is of course it may be our blind spot being a victim of an emotion and as well our triggered hidden deficiencies. We will meet others of similar mind sent to inspire us, as well as perceived adversaries that only make us stronger. Be positive yet realistic. As Confucius would say, “Take a higher road.” Be true to yourself and your own special higher calling.

    If a person on the path is very dissimilar, then we don't fight them, and try to either change or mold or clone them into a carbon replica of ourselves, nor force them unto our journey. We are all unique individuals. If possible, we let them go on their way. They must learn from life experience. We let them go on their way and predestined chosen path. We must concentrate and remain true to our path and learn the lessons of life to be imparted to us. What is it to transcend and be above the cares and worries of mortal men? One could say that is not to be human!

    What if one could transcend to such a level and still be very human as well as understanding? Would we listen to this person's wisdom? No, because we all have to swim and cross the river of adversity that is called life, to learn its valuable lessons first hand.
    Last edited by lightsun; 11-09-2017 at 06:37 AM.
    Likes meowington liked this post

  3. #3
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lightsun View Post
    Actualize and Enlightenment: Can we actualize? How is it possible to actualize? What is your path in order to actualize?

    bless
    Quote:

    "Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world." - Sri Ramana Maharshi

    bless
    Quote:

    “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” ~Richard Bach


    Quote:

    “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” ~ Lao-Tzu
    Actualisation, Individualisation, and Enlightenment are dead because the literate individual is dead, because the book is dead, and even the God of the Book is dead, and what is taking pride of place is belonging and identity.

    Many of us come here because we don't belong and we are not sure of who we are, and mbti comes to the rescue, and makes us part of the mbti cult and allows us to belong. And not only belonging but mbti also provides us with an identity in four letters, a four letter word. It is more than we deserve.

  4. #4
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Actualisation, Individualisation, and Enlightenment are dead because the literate individual is dead, because the book is dead, and even the God of the Book is dead, and what is taking pride of place is belonging and identity.

    Many of us come here because we don't belong and we are not sure of who we are, and mbti comes to the rescue, and makes us part of the mbti cult and allows us to belong. And not only belonging but mbti also provides us with an identity in four letters, a four letter word. It is more than we deserve.
    ad absurdum, could be a goal if you believed Camus
    Likes meowington liked this post

  5. #5
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    ad absurdum, could be a goal if you believed Camus
    Sisyphian goals are not goals.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Isk Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    KWML
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lightsun View Post
    Actualize and Enlightenment: Can we actualize? How is it possible to actualize? What is your path in order to actualize?
    Can I actualize? Yes.

    How is it possible (for me) to actualize? I don't remember how I do it, I just do it. My first order of business was to cut away the rot. Then, zero in on your target 1% each day, or aim to at the very least. Having a target is key. Without that, you are aimless.

    What is my path to actualization? My Way is of the Warrior Poet of Christ.

    To actualize my four energies into a single being: King, Warrior, Magician, Lover

    KWML for short.

    Yin/Yang

  7. #7
    Junior Member Lib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lightsun View Post
    Actualize and Enlightenment: Can we actualize? How is it possible to actualize? What is your path in order to actualize?
    When you say Enlightenment I think about science. Understanding the deepest secrets of nature and creating something completely new out it is the ultimate self-actualization. It cannot be questioned by anyone, if it works.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    For 450 million I will reveal to you the answer.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10,082

    Default

    nanotech

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFP] How is it possible to be an enneagram 5 ISFP?
    By captain curmudgeon in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 02:06 AM
  2. [MBTItm] How is it possible to be Enneagram 4/INTJ?
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 05:45 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Is it possible to be both extroverted and introverted?
    By myrow in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 04:56 PM
  4. How is it like to be P ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 01:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO