• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you walk your talk?

Lark

The biggest hypocrites are the liberals. They are supposed to be the party that accepts everyone supposedly "compassionate" yet all they have shown is how vile they are toward anyone that disagrees with them. They act like they're hypocritical humanitarians accepting third world country illegals blah blah blah while they break the law to get those illegals in who weren't registered in the US.

Well, you sure do hate them, which makes me doubt your objectivity on this particular topic to be honest.

You should drain off the emotions once in a while, you'd see things pretty differently.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my stride is more consistent than either my words or philosophy...

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yep, that's what I hate about these protestors. They've never volunteered in their lives. They only protested when they felt like they were losing something. I've always taken part in volunteering for the church and non-profit organizations. All of these wannabe do gooders haven't done shit unless it was their own rights they thought were taken away. That's why I dislike most people. They do not walk the walk. They speak a good talk, yet don't follow through.

How is that a bad thing? People generally protest when they feel injustice had been done to them. What does this have to do with volunteering? They are two entirely different things. Also are you implying that only the people who do volunteer work are 'good?' because I would disagree with you on that.

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
Not me, I'm not much of a talker and when I do talk it isn't regarding anything I have to back up at some point. I'd rather shock everyone in some way, I don't disclose my plan of action at any given time lol.:smile:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep, that's what I hate about these protestors. They've never volunteered in their lives. They only protested when they felt like they were losing something. I've always taken part in volunteering for the church and non-profit organizations. All of these wannabe do gooders haven't done shit unless it was their own rights they thought were taken away. That's why I dislike most people. They do not walk the walk. They speak a good talk, yet don't follow through.
And you know this . . . how? Do you ask your volunteering colleagues whether they have ever participated in a protest? Do you attend protests and ask the participants whether they volunteer?

How is that a bad thing? People generally protest when they feel injustice had been done to them. What does this have to do with volunteering? They are two entirely different things. Also are you implying that only the people who do volunteer work are 'good?' because I would disagree with you on that.
I volunteer quite a bit, and make no claims to be "good".

The biggest hypocrites are the liberals. They are supposed to be the party that accepts everyone supposedly "compassionate" yet all they have shown is how vile they are toward anyone that disagrees with them. They act like they're hypocritical humanitarians accepting third world country illegals blah blah blah while they break the law to get those illegals in who weren't registered in the US.
The stereotypical liberal agenda involves acceptance and compassion for all races, genders, ethnicities, religious backrounds, sexual orientations, disability, etc. I don't recall it involving acceptance of bigotry, greed, or outright stupidity. Unlike the first list, the attributes in the second are largely within our control.

Mole

Permabanned
I tend to be over confident and am tempted to walk the talk when it is not prudent.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do my best not to speak things that I could or would be unwilling to follow up with action. Multiple people have said that I am good at this, but a couple of people are close enough to me that they have heard me vent the hypocrisies that I had been holding back all day.

It is also worth noting that I don't talk a lot.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I try my hardest to live my life as my ideal, but even I tend to fall short on occasions. Particularly when I lose my patience and get angry with someone.

Mole

Permabanned
I try my hardest to live my life as my ideal, but even I tend to fall short on occasions. Particularly when I lose my patience and get angry with someone.

My father told me that the most dangerous people in the world are idealists. And of course idealists find it difficult or impossible to compromise, to compromise their shinning ideals, so they are inclined to lose their patience and get angry with someone, and this does become dangerous when the idealist holds power.

On the other hand liberal democracy encourages compromise, tolerance, and the limitation of power.

But we must recognise compromise, tolerance, and the limitation of power are anathema to authoritarians and totalitarians, and we see this on our streets with the murder of children at a pop concert by Wahhabi Islamists.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“However many Holy words you read, However many you speak, What good will they do you, if you do not act upon them?” Buddha

“All truly wise thoughts have been thoughts already thousands times; but to make them truly ours, we must them over again honestly, till they take root in our personalexperience." Johann Wolfgang van Goethe

We have not evolved emotionally or spiritually in six thousand years. Since the times of Buddha, Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Lao Tzu and Jesus wise words have been expounded. It does not bear fruit merely to read these wise wisdom sayings and regurgitate them. No, for true wisdom comes from within. It takes reflection and making the unconscious conscious. By being aware of our subconscious thoughts and paying strict attention to cognitive mindfulness we grow and act more maturely with the restraint and disciple of reason and critical thinking. Learn to think for yourself.

As Buddha said, "Believe nothing merely because you have been told it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. But whatever, after due examination and analysis, you find to be kind, conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of all beings - that doctrine believe and cling to, and take it as your guide." Buddha

We have been given an internal compass of finding our own spiritual deliverance. As Buddha also said, "No one saves you but yourself." Buddha

To think that we can freelance and wing it without critical thinking and mindfulness discipline is a fools folly. It is only by developing these skills that we can deliver ourselves and make this a better world. One in which we walk our talk for the wisdom is ingrained within. "When one attains a higher Truth, one transcends pettiness and the ego. They transcend the written word because the higher words are written in their hearts.

All scripture are a stepping stone to realize the truth that is already in you. One needs learn to listen to that inner voice which is the voice of the collective Unconscious Universe. We resonate. The truth is engraved upon our hearts. We just have to listen to that secret wisdom. You and I have in effect the same book in our souls."

Mole

Permabanned
Sure, I talk about tags on clothes, I talk about brands on clothes, and I refuse to cut the tags off my clothes, I wear my brands so everyone can see them. We are all sorted by an algorithm in terms of the brands we wear, but we hide this like debutants by religiously cutting off our tags so no one will see them. But I walk my talk and leave my tags on my clothes for everyone to see and comment on, and they do. Call it walking the talk or a shared epiphany.

Lark

I've been thinking about taking up walking more lately, although there has been extremely bad ice here, like its not safe to go out or take the car out so I've just been stuck indoors instead. :mad:

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I definitely try my best to and I will be the first to criticize myself if I do not.