User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    But this idea of deciding who and what gets forgiven is foreign to me. If I am not the one hurt I don't know how I can decide what's forgivable and what isn't.

It feels like playing God to me. It's really a personal matter.
    And yet it's exactly what a judge and jury do.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP

I hear you, Victor. And I had similar thoughts while reading. As part of the human race and someone who desires and expects good outcomes with good intentions it's a fine line where individuality ends and society begins.

I did like what you said about the only sin being despair. Earlier today when I first saw this thread it was my first thought.

I suppose a lack of faith in the force for good and growth. Because that means decay and decline without renewal in my "bible." I think the first I read of it was in The Bible. The sin against the Holy Spirit. . .

But, dang, Guy. Your posts are always so packed full of ideas that I never know where to start with addressing them.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Hey, Meta. Yes, it's a real paradox, isn't it?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    * Hydes *
    Hm? Are you sick and ugly? Need a little therapy?
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I haven't any trouble looking at a situation and having an opinion on it. I'm not the type of person to just wash my hands of a situation.. even if it isn't my own.

I don't think forgiveness is more for the person forgiving though. While it can definitely help, and it does, if I do wrong by someone.. I do seek that forgiveness. Like I have a weight on my heart and do my best to receive those graces from that person. It will weigh on my mind otherwise.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP

Forgiveness can be nothing other than for the person forgiving if it's implicit.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

I mean people want to be good and the way to be good in our late modern society is to be a good, narcissistic consumer. And make sure everyone else is. And keep a sharp eye out for deviants; and an even sharper tongue.
    Think only of yourselves....only of yourselves.....
    YouTube - Incase of SONIC ATTACK on your district follow these rules:

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Jeckylls!
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ENTJ

There is no right and wrong, no definite. The only definite is that people who believe there is sin are wrong, sin is an illusion.

MBTI
    INTJ

I knew Satan was from Canada.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP

I'll take that under advisement, Lucifer.

Now please get thee behind me? Heh.