Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    lol i figured that quote would piss some people off. he might be dead but he did a crapload for india and didn't raise a single fist/weapon. like it or not, anything can be forgiven. that doesn't mean not punish though.
    If you punish, it kind of contradicts the idea of forgiveness.

Punishment is merely, yes, a word that people fuse with rationalizing revenge.

MBTI
    ENTJ

[*crying* walks on stage]
    "I would like to thank Anja for creating such a beautiful and extremely important award","I would also like to thank God for creating sins that I believe are unforgivible, because without that, this would be impossible."
    [Music comes on]
    "Finally I would like to thank myself for being able to attain this award, thank you all, I love you!"
    [Exits to loud applause and girls fainting]
    This world is mine - in time.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    [*crying* walks on stage]
    "I would like to thank Anja for creating such a beautiful and extremely important award","I would also like to thank God for creating sins that I believe are unforgivible, because without that, this would be impossible."
    [Music comes on]
    "Finally I would like to thank myself for being able to attain this award, thank you all, I love you!"
    [Exits to loud applause and girls fainting]

(No need to wait to own the world, Guy. You've already got it. Have fun. I'll watch.)
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Glad to see you've got a sense of humor. . .

There's hope yet!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

heart on fire

The truth of the matter is that the initial reaction you have is what you should stand by (except for obvious exceptions: find out later (s)he didn`t do something). Your initial reaction represents you, when you overthink such a thing you are in fact breaking down who you are to make exceptions for who you are. Forgiveness is the ultimate surrender of who you are, it is accepting something that you don`t believe and have convinced yourself is ok. Don`t forgive, don`t regret and don`t forget who you really are.
    I agree that feeling truth is more important than feeling forgiveness. If one has not come to true forgiveness than it is better to be inwardly honest than to force something that the time is not right for. Forgiveness cannot be forced. Truth is more important.

Hurt is often so damaging not because we carry it around, but because we carry it around and don't process it and only feel the tip of the thorn, the rest inside and festering. It is more important I think to examine the why, how much, how deep what caused it of hurt than forcing forgiveness just for the sake of forgiveness. Forgiveness may be a end result of the process of tracing down hurt and seeing it as it truly is or it may not.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Glad to see you've got a sense of humor. . .

There's hope yet!
    Hope for what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post

(No need to wait to own the world, Guy. You've already got it. Have fun. I'll watch.)
    Agreed.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah, I dwell on my pain until I can find closure and be just as destructive in return. That will ease the pain.

Like if someone lies to me and rejects me then later has a change of heart, I might believe that this person actually did change his heart, but it still doesn't change the fact that s(he) was the cause of my pain and suffering. Hence, I will only make him/her think s(he) is secure and in my good graces again. To me, that is the best way to plot my revenge -- when one least expects it. Perhaps I could be so destructive that it could lead that person to become suicidal.

That accomplishes more than forgiveness. Forgiveness turns you into a doormat. I'm more in favor of making others pay.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I agree that feeling truth is more important than feeling forgiveness. If one has not come to true forgiveness than it is better to be inwardly honest than to force something that the time is not right for. Forgiveness cannot be forced. Truth is more important.

Hurt is often so damaging not because we carry it around, but because we carry it around and don't process it and only feel the tip of the thorn, the rest inside and festering. It is more important I think to examine the why, how much, how deep what caused it of hurt than forcing forgiveness just for the sake of forgiveness. Forgiveness may be a end result of the process of tracing down hurt and seeing it as it truly is or it may not.
    That is alot of feelings. It is an interesting idea to look at the reason of it and is a very sensitive approach. My feelings are about as deep as a piece of paper and it is hard to actually relate to your proposton but it is still a very compelling thought for those who do tend to feel things more innately.

Also Heart is a good band, and I like your picture.

heart on fire

That is alot of feelings. It is an interesting idea to look at the reason of it and is a very sensitive approach. My feelings are about as deep as a piece of paper and it is hard to actually relate to your proposton but it is still a very compelling thought for those who do tend to feel things more innately.

Also Heart is a good band, and I like your picture.
    I was just sounding off about the "need to forgive" that is always being pushed in our culture. Wasn't really directing my comments towards you.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I was just sounding off about the "need to forgive" that is always being pushed in our culture. Wasn't really directing my comments towards you.
    I understood that, I wanted to respond to your comment because you were quoting something I said. And my response was simply explaining that I cannot symathize with everything you said.