User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 129

  1. #1
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    220

    Default If God doesn't exist then how was everything/the earth created?

    I always love the nonbelievers and their reasons why God doesn't exist.

    I struggle at times to believe in a god, but I do know there is some sort of higher being out there...after all, the earth and life itself came into existence from nothing.

    When people start blaming God for every bad thing that happens in their lives, that's where they fail to realize God gave everyone free will in how to handle their trials.
    They can either stay mad at Him for giving them such a harsh life or do something about it to get their lives to where they want to be.

    There's also Satan out there so if people are questioning why there are bad people who do bad things who don't care what they do...that's from Satan, not God.

    And some people allow their demons to over power themselves.

    If God doesn't exist then how did this very earth and everything living come into existence?
    Likes magpie, jamain liked this post

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    MBTI
    --TP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theflame View Post
    I always love the nonbelievers and their reasons why God doesn't exist.

    I struggle at times to believe in a god, but I do know there is some sort of higher being out there...after all, the earth and life itself came into existence from nothing.

    When people start blaming God for every bad thing that happens in their lives, that's where they fail to realize God gave everyone free will in how to handle their trials.
    They can either stay mad at Him for giving them such a harsh life or do something about it to get their lives to where they want to be.

    There's also Satan out there so if people are questioning why there are bad people who do bad things who don't care what they do...that's from Satan, not God.

    And some people allow their demons to over power themselves.

    If God doesn't exist then how did this very earth and everything living come into existence?
    The issue with the "God" argument is that nothing can ever be sufficient enough because no matter what you say, there will always be a question as to ".. But who created that/him/her/it?" The argument about God tends to be a circular one that I like to engage in, frivolously. I don't like when the discussion starts to get hurtful or argumentative where feelings are getting hurt.

    I will say this...

    I don't officially subscribe to this view but I believe for the most part that the Universe created itself, somehow. Even if you do believe in God, the question, "..but where did he come from" will always come about , the same way "but where did the universe come from?" .. will always come about... If you get outside of tangible reality, it becomes Theosophical by default....

    As far as Satan, God, Good/Bad and why people do bad things and don't care and all of that: Good and Bad don't exist. There's only an opposition. Life is ambiguous. People are not obligated to care, though that is the more noble way. People do bad things because they want to and giving the ability away to "Satan" makes others feel less responsible for their actions. This is why so many murderers tried to pull this in court. "The devil made me do it." - Put in a mental institution and deemed as crazy, when they're really just heartless or did the crime simply for some egotistical motive or because they wanted to for whatever reason.

    Good/Bad is subjective and couldn't have been known without the other coming into existence. The same is with God/Satan. They are two sides of the same coin and therefore, are either trolling or the Biblical story is crap... and has hidden meaning in it. I'm leaning towards the latter.

    What is clear with the "creator of humans" is that they don't give a crap about our cries about sickness, dying children, and any of that crap people choose to pray for. What makes people think they care if you're grateful or not? You are still going to get sick, die, and so are your children. Praying doesn't do anything but we sometimes trick ourselves into believing in certain things.. until and unless.. we find the audacity to test them out in others ways. If I prayed to a shoe, I'd bet I'd get the same results as I did when I used to be a Christian. The mind is a very powerful thing and we can manifest sensations with our minds if we believe in something strongly, enough.

    We treat our fellow man worse than we treat "GOD" who we're not even sure of his character or not. You'd expect your mom to have grabbed your two year old, had she seen him running in the middle of the street, as a huge truck was speeding right in his direction... but if she just sat there, staring at your baby and did nothing, you'd blame her for the death. Well, this is exactly what "God" does and people still find the audacity to pray to, worship, and argue in the name of this so-called, "God" who gave us "free-will." It doesn't make any sense. Some of us will do for our loved ones what God won't but we get held up to higher standards. That makes no freaking sense.

    You don't even KNOW WHO THAT IS WHO MADE YOU. You don't have the facts to create a logical argument for the way you go about things. Yet, you go around with your heads held high as if you're mightier and holier than those around you because you believe in a higher power who clearly doesn't care that much about you.

    Free will doesn't conflict with being Omniscience , So this "God" should have chosen angels that would CHOOSE to do the right thing. He KNEW all of this was going to happen in the future, according to that book before he put the "angels" and "Satan" in charge of crap and he proceeded. He is either a troll or an egotistical tyrant.. but neither matters because the Bible was written in code and to control the masses.



    By the way, when I used the word, "You" I didn't literally mean "you" at times but I mean all people with those viewpoints.
    If I'm becoming offensive with my views, just let me know and I will exit your threat, respectfully.

    However, I believe your tone in what you wrote was kind of an invitation to speak as blunt as I could.. because you spoke bluntly....
    The future's... made of...
    Likes Red Ribbon, Gunboat Diplomat liked this post

  3. #3
    Senior Member StrawberryBoots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    MBTI
    LOVE
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theflame View Post
    If God doesn't exist then how did this very earth and everything living come into existence?
    The 'Big Bang.' I have a feeling, you already knew that. Welcome to mans' existence.
    Likes Red Ribbon liked this post

  4. #4
    AKA Nunki Polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Existence is infinite and has no beginning or end. It never came into being nor will it ever pass out of being.

    Why is there something rather than nothing? If you understand that nothingness is imaginary, the real question is why is there nothingness?
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]
    Likes Red Ribbon, yama liked this post

  5. #5
    Senior Member Gunboat Diplomat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theflame View Post
    I always love the nonbelievers and their reasons why God doesn't exist.
    First, most non-believers don't need any reasons why gods don't exist. Most of them are technically agnostic. You are confusing lack of belief in gods with a positive belief that gods don't exist, which are two different things and only the second position requires any justification (and very few people take that position). It is your job to provide reasons for your belief, and an argument from incredulity ("the earth and life couldn't come from nothing") is a logical fallacy.

    Now, don't misunderstand me, I don't expect you to provide any reasons. Faith doesn't require reasons. Unless you claim that your position is somehow philosophically more sound than mine, that is.


    When people start blaming God for every bad thing that happens in their lives, that's where they fail to realize God gave everyone free will in how to handle their trials.
    They can either stay mad at Him for giving them such a harsh life or do something about it to get their lives to where they want to be.
    It sounds so simple and clean.

    Google Robert Latimer. A farmer, with a 12 year old daughter, Tracy. Tracy had severe cerebral palsy. A mind of a 3-4 month old. Seizures, that were progressively destroying her body. Her hip became permanently dislocated, she underwent several operations to cut her muscles and insert a metal rod to strengthen her spine. Towards the end, she was in constant pain, preventing her from sleep. When Latimer learned that the doctors wanted to cut out a part of her femur, so her leg would not flail so violently during seizures, he decided to "use his free will and handle their trials". He couldn't stand Tracy's suffering so he killed her when the rest of the family had gone to church to praise God.

    Ozzie Osbourne has written a song about that, Latimer's Mercy.

    Now, you are saying that God gave Tracy free will and she could have used it in her infant brain to get her life to where she wanted to be. That God gave Latimer free will, so he could decide whether to kill his daughter and ruin his life or watch her slow agony. Could you explain in more detail how this works?
    Likes thepink-cloakedninja liked this post

  6. #6
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,191

    Default

    Howard Schultz did it.
    Likes Gunboat Diplomat liked this post

  7. #7
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,017

    Default

    If you define "whatever caused the universe to come into creation" as God, then you are setting up a tautological condition. Much depends on one's definition of God.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  8. #8
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theflame View Post
    If God doesn't exist then how did this very earth and everything living come into existence?
    We are slowly answering this question, and we have made some headway. For instance, we know the origin of species over the last 4,000 million years. And we know the origin of the Earth and the solar system. And we know the origin of our galaxy, the Milky Way. And we know the origin of the universe 13.4 thousand million years ago. And we now know how the universe will end.

    And we have an interesting hypothesis about the origin of consciousness. And we have an interesting hypothesis of how our universe began in String Theory.

    All of this is result of critical thinking using evidence and reason. And we know the origin of critical thinking, using evidence an reason, was the Western Enlightenment of the 17th century.
    Likes Red Ribbon, thepumpkinpot liked this post

  9. #9
    Senior Member Red Ribbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi
    Posts
    247

    Default

    It's a philosophical argument, whether God exists or not, not a scientific one. Science doesn't concern itself with that question. True, we don't have the exact details of how the universe was created or what existed before it but Science doesn't assume it was god.

    As for why I personally am an atheist, I don't see a reason to believe in God so I don't.

  10. #10
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ribbon View Post
    It's a philosophical argument, whether God exists or not, not a scientific one. Science doesn't concern itself with that question. True, we don't have the exact details of how the universe was created or what existed before it but Science doesn't assume it was god.

    As for why I personally am an atheist, I don't see a reason to believe in God so I don't.
    Dear Red Ribbon, whatever we worship, we become. So would you like to tell us what you worship and what you are becoming?
    Likes Red Ribbon liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO