User Tag List

123 Last

Default Why is it good that God exists?

This is continuation from another thread.

Everybody are asking "Does god exist?" because that is the simplest question. But almost no one ask "What will we get If God exists? Why is that good for us?"

This does not mean that God does not exists but shows that there is nothing important about it.

What is actally much harder hit for religion then probability that God maybe doesn't exist.

Is there any ideas about this?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I think the answer is obvious:

If a Christian or Muslim or whatever God does in fact exist... we get to have eternal bliss in the afterlife if we follow said religion correctly.

That's a lot cooler than simply turning into a hollow compost of a body when we die.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INXP

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I think the answer is obvious:

If a Christian or Muslim or whatever God does in fact exist... we get to have eternal bliss in the afterlife if we follow said religion correctly.

That's a lot cooler than simply turning into a hollow compost of a body when we die.
    Yep, and the implications of an eternal afterlife are much more terrifying than the closure that death brings.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Based on my beliefs, this is an easy question. I've mention earlier my whole "The one being reveals himself to all in different aspects to balance the world" belief.. So for me, this question is a bit easier believing what I do. The simple answer is, because the world needs the variety.

God doesn't exist for all, because God does not reveal himself to all because we need those atheists and their ways of thinking. Just as we need those who are devoted to their teachings and never steer from them, and just as we need those who believe but fail to practice.

Religion is a HUGE factor in those whom believe and follow it, and it influences those who differ from it. It's a very large root in this world's tree of culture and humanity. For one person to not have God in their lives, there is no problem. For humanity to not have any God at all, the thought process, beliefs, values, etc. of humankind would diminish and chaos would ensue because there would not be enough variety to balance everyone out.

These are my beliefs, so my answer can only be a personal one.. but I have a feeling anyone else's answers will also be personal.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Yep, and the implications of an eternal afterlife are much more terrifying than the closure that death brings.
    Even an afterlife of happiness and bliss? Most people aren't comfortable with just "ending" and ceasing to "be", their ego won't let them.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Based on my beliefs, this is an easy question. I've mention earlier my whole "The one being reveals himself to all in different aspects to balance the world" belief.. So for me, this question is a bit easier believing what I do. The simple answer is, because the world needs the variety.

God doesn't exist for all, because God does not reveal himself to all because we need those atheists and their ways of thinking. Just as we need those who are devoted to their teachings and never steer from them, and just as we need those who believe but fail to practice.

Religion is a HUGE factor in those whom believe and follow it, and it influences those who differ from it. It's a very large root in this world's tree of culture and humanity. For one person to not have God in their lives, there is no problem. For humanity to not have any God at all, the thought process, beliefs, values, etc. of humankind would diminish and chaos would ensue because there would not be enough variety to balance everyone out.

These are my beliefs, so my answer can only be a personal one.. but I have a feeling anyone else's answers will also be personal.
    So this is what growing up in Texas will do to someone...jk

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    This is why I have opened this thread.

Even an afterlife of happiness and bliss? Most people aren't comfortable with just "ending" and ceasing to "be", their ego won't let them.
    That only means that they are short sighted.

Yup, even an afterlife of happiness and bliss. How would it be any different from Hell? Both are eternal, the only 'difference' is the Emotion/feeling/senses involved, Hell would feel bad, Heaven would feel good, but after maybe a billion 'years' in either, would one really care anymore?

Most people are only scared of death because its something that we can't possible understand, so we try to relate it with life, an extension of life. We can't imagine non-existence (as a consciousness) because we are a conscious entity, we can try but theres no guaruntee that its going to be accurate, most people just imagine 'blackness', which seems worse than hell to some people.