User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTj

My mom likes to say that, "If G-d had not made himself known to us, it would be necessary to invent him."

Of course, I always agreed with the second part of that statement.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    From perspective of pure logic, does that mean that is totally logical to work on moving it away from people?
    Depends on what your rationality is for doing so.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Empathy from an all knowing Being would do away with personal isolation. Justice as the foundation of all things would result in consistent accountability for violating other living things. Without god, justice, compassion, and understanding are inconsistent, fleeting ideas. Justice is a different concept when applied randomly or sporadically. When one living thing is violated and destroyed without accountability from the perpetrator for that act (sometimes not even witnessed), the entire universe is unjust from that vantage point. All the other moments of justice and accountability are meaningless for that one at that moment. For me letting go of god is letting go of a deeper concept of goodness because it is no longer a foundation for how things work, but something occasionally tacked onto the side. I wish there were a "perfect" god, but I don't have the ability to see things that way any longer.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Depends on what your rationality is for doing so.
    Planet can't take much more of this, is the first thing that I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Empathy from an all knowing Being would do away with personal isolation. Justice as the foundation of all things would result in consistent accountability for violating other living things. Without god, justice, compassion, and understanding are inconsistent, fleeting ideas. Justice is a different concept when applied randomly or sporadically. When one living thing is violated and destroyed without accountability from the perpetrator for that act (sometimes not even witnessed), the entire universe is unjust from that vantage point. All the other moments of justice and accountability are meaningless for that one at that moment. For me letting go of god is letting go of a deeper concept of goodness because it is no longer a foundation for how things work, but something occasionally tacked onto the side. I wish there were a "perfect" god, but I don't have the ability to see things that way any longer.
    All of this sounds very nice. But how there can be justice if you are in hell forever just because you were thief or a liar.
    Even for category (murder) this is a way to much as punishment.

In the case that hell is not forever you can create as many sins you want because you will get out of hell with time. Since you can't die there is 100% chance that you will get out of it.

Plus there is a fact that all people don't have same starting point in life.

To tell you the truth I think justice is man made category that has nothing to do with reality.

MBTI
    INTP

All of this sounds very nice. But how there can be justice if you are in hell forever just because you were thief or a liar.

In the case that hell is not forever you can create as many sins you want because you will get out of hell with time. Since you can't die there is 100% chance that you will get out of it.

To tell you the truth I think justice is man made category that has nothing to do with reality.
    So, is your question only pertaining to the Christian God (and a specific interpretation of Him, at that)? I usually consider the "God" in these questions to encompass a broader range of possibilities. To answer your question as I usually understand it, a "God" framework would provide me with eternal consciousness and free will, two things that most people really, really want. Hell, merely having the belief in some God framework would vastly increase my personal utility by erasing my perpetual existential angst.

In summation, it would be good if "God" existed because it would mean we are not a bunch of organic automatons hurtling toward oblivion.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

So, they are not reliable so we will just brainwash them?
    If you want to call religion brainwashing? Humanity IS unreliable.. Like I said, my beliefs are dramatically different from others, but I can see humanity delving into chaos with no hope of something greater in the middle of a very lonely universe. It all makes for a very sad tale.

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    In summation, it would be good if "God" existed because it would mean we are not a bunch of organic automatons hurtling toward oblivion.
    +1.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

ByMySword

Cool

Is there any ideas about this?
    Its almost the same as asking why is it good that WE exist.

Honestly, I would say as far as the Christian God goes, there's that whole promise for eternal life, so I guess thats good, unless you go to Hell.

As far as our life here, it would depend on if you believe that God takes an active part in the goings on in the world, or if He sits back and watches as the world burns.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yeah, the hell bit kind of wrecks that ideal. The religion I was raised in didn't believe in hell, so that never entered my world view, but it is the common glitch in the whole ideal.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INTj

If the Christian God exist, it would mean unending torture for most, unfortunately.