• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Third Eye!?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Not sure if this is related, but I see wisps of greyish energy swirling upward against a tan wall. It is a textured wall so it might be some sort of an optical illusion and I do have terrible eyesight; not sure what to make of it.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not sure if this is related, but I see wisps of greyish energy swirling upward against a tan wall. It is a textured wall so it might be some sort of an optical illusion and I do have terrible eyesight; not sure what to make of it.

What about when you turn the lights off and see a bunch of swirling dots? It's like static. I always see it to the point I've just gotten used to it and thought nothing much of it. Even in daylight.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sensory deprivation environments can also induce altered states (although perhaps not quite like the ones in "Altered States") :newwink:

I experience strongly different types of consciousness when I simulate a sensory deprivation tank experience. I sometimes feel like I'm falling backwards into a vortex of blackness in which there is some feeling of moving rapidly, but no literal sense of speed or distance, and then I can see and hear vividly different types of things -sometimes a far away location. It requires a conscious letting go of everything. You could say it also induces a kind of waking dream state, although different from EMDR therapy in which every visual metaphor expresses a personal inner world. EMDR feels very much like going inside myself in a waking dream state. The sensory deprivation environments may also be doing exactly that, but it feels more like going outside of myself. I suppose people can just call it all a waking dream state and be done with it if they prefer. I don't define it, but it is interesting enough to indulge in repeat experiences.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sensory deprivation environments can also induce altered states (although perhaps not quite like the ones in "Altered States") :newwink:

I experience strongly different types of consciousness when I simulate a sensory deprivation tank experience. I sometimes feel like I'm falling backwards into a vortex of blackness in which there is some feeling of moving rapidly, but no literal sense of speed or distance, and then I can see and hear vividly different types of things -sometimes a far away location. It requires a conscious letting go of everything. You could say it also induces a kind of waking dream state, although different from EMDR therapy in which every visual metaphor expresses a personal inner world. EMDR feels very much like going inside myself in a waking dream state. The sensory deprivation environments may also be doing exactly that, but it feels more like going outside of myself. I suppose people can just call it all a waking dream state and be done with it if they prefer. I don't define it, but it is interesting enough to indulge in repeat experiences.

So it is almost like an out of body experience? Since you become not even aware of such, just consciousness. I am somewhat aware of such given I have depersonalization fairly regularly, but that's a step up from it and not feeling my body would and does make me pretty paranoid.

Mechnick

The Crow

I like this girl.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im interested.
ea6a754758f5edcbb3fcaa6a4cf08c31.jpg

62429c46bc37af7b58858269ddd8b7d3.jpg

bbd2b1ec1bca3e9e9a0c5ee7e3b913e6.jpg

1274393175_CD957E.jpg

this one is harder to notice... the single good eye? yep, the photo above explains it a bit...
f823581e22a830daf4aef12a2a6b1ecd.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

12x18_Bast-479x600.jpg

there are several more... i am bored with this game at the moment... i could explain more about how these symbols interact and show others, but i have retired from being an armchair occultist... i sent $500-$800 of occult books into recycling... actually that is a conservative estimate; it may have been $1,000-$1,200 (some were o.t.o. originals, and some reprints were over $100)...

Mechnick

The Crow
ea6a754758f5edcbb3fcaa6a4cf08c31.jpg

62429c46bc37af7b58858269ddd8b7d3.jpg

bbd2b1ec1bca3e9e9a0c5ee7e3b913e6.jpg

1274393175_CD957E.jpg

this one is harder to notice... the single good eye? yep, the photo above explains it a bit...
f823581e22a830daf4aef12a2a6b1ecd.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

12x18_Bast-479x600.jpg

there are several more... i am bored with this game at the moment... i could explain more about how these symbols interact and show others, but i have retired from being an armchair occultist... i sent $500-$800 of occult books into recycling... actually that is a conservative estimate; it may have been $1,000-$1,200 (some were o.t.o. originals, and some reprints were over $100)...

WTF?

Dude Gone Crazy!

But, you know what. You are good!

giphy.gif