User Tag List

12311 Last

Permabanned

Default Wool shares her faith

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Since the Western Enlightenment of the 18th century, we have learnt to lean on evidence and reason rather than the mysticism of religion, and as a result we have created modern medicine, liberal democracy, human rights, the freedom of the slaves, the emancipation of women, modern economics and plenty for the first time in history, we have created science and modern literature, art, theatre, sculpture, and ballet, not to mention music. We understand we were not created by your Lord but by natural selection, we understand the beginning and end of the universe. We understand the very smallest parts of our universe with quantum mechanics, and the very largest part of our universe with general relativity.

So rather than trusting in the Lord with all our heart, we leant on evidence and reason from the Western Enlightenment and created the modern world we see around us.

And yet we are entranced by age old superstitions like astrology and mbti. Why is that?
    True freedom is freedom from sin.

You might think you understand the beginning and end of the universe, and whatever else, but you don't understand what understanding means.

Job 28:28

28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by wool View Post
    You might think you understand the beginning and end of the universe, and whatever else, but you don't understand what understanding means.
    Neither do you. Do you even realize how condescending you sound? Why is this....

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    I spent a lot of years in the church under all the doctrinal language, but eventually that's essentially where I ended up as well. People's actions and how they approach others and life in general are going to say a lot more about their heart and character than a laundry list of doctrinal points that one is being forced to accept as true regardless of whether they can be justified or what the ramifications of those points are.
    ...so unbelievable? Is it that hard to believe no one has an answer and saying...

is only applicable to you. You. The only understanding anyone needs to have here is that you saying something is true does not make it true. And that's applicable to everything in every religion.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Do you even realize how condescending you sound?
    Quite right, I'm the one who does the condescending around here.
    Likes kyuuei, Merced, highlander, chickpea liked this post

Job 28:28

28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.
    Quite right, look at me, I am a sinner and here they never stop pointing out my sins.

I do keep saying though that we are meaning creating animals, and I even expatiate on the meaning of meaning.

And it is interesting that we are asked to fear someone who also loves us. This is precisely what child sexual abusers do. Click on The Grooming Process - YouTube
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

Permabanned

Quite right, look at me, I am a sinner and here they never stop pointing out my sins.

I do keep saying though that we are meaning creating animals, and I even expatiate on the meaning of meaning.

And it is interesting that we are asked to fear someone who also loves us. This is precisely what child sexual abusers do. Click on The Grooming Process - YouTube
    It's fear of the Lord, as in a sense of reverence, or an awareness of God's existence, not fear of God's wrath. Look it up here: Fear of God - Wikipedia

It's fear of the Lord, as in a sense of reverence, not fear of God's wrath. Look it up here: Fear of God - Wikipedia
    The fear of God is the fear of Hellfire.

It was only when we elected an atheist who was a woman, the Honourable Julia Gillard, that we finally got our Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Child Abuse.

We now know your good Christian organisations have been raping tens of thousands of children across the world, and covering it up.

Permabanned

So you expect people to click your links but you won't return the favor? As you wish my dear.
    Likes Yuu liked this post

So you expect people to click your links but you won't return the favor? As you wish my dear.
    This is contested territory. It's not fair. We can't expect to be understood. The best we can do is to enjoy the contest,

Permabanned

This is contested territory. It's not fair. We can't expect to be understood. The best we can do is to enjoy the contest,
    Then you have already lost the contest, because you have chosen to purposefully misunderstand me in order to push your sex abuse thing.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Satan became Lucifer when he rebelled against God, not the other way around, as Christians would have it. So by rebelling against God, he became a light-bearer.
    Liar.
    Likes Typh0n liked this post