• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If I Ruled The World

T

ThatGirl

If you ruled the world what would your first act be?

What do you think the world needs?

MBTI Type
INTJ
What the world needs now can be summed up in one word: Less.

Alternatively,

Cause what the world needs now
is a new Frank Sinatra
so I can get you in bed.
Cause what the world needs now
is another folk singer
like I need a hole in my head.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
If I ruled the world I'd look for ways to give more power back to small communities, i.e. more focus on governing through city, state, and county governments for example. After I gave away all this power I'd dissolve the "world government" and step down as ruler of the world.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'd have the world build me a rocket, and thenceforth avoid the question.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I'd turn it back over to the people who are running it right now and laugh all the way to Hell.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
What the world needs is thousands of little Lateralus' running around, so I'd grudgingly perform my duty for the good of humanity.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I am not ruling this mess.

Don't wanna be liable huh? I don't blame you.
You'll get a lot of angry letters... not good for an F dominant.

Know what I'd do? I'd constipate the economy.
Bear with me, I know what I'm talking about.

If I fire everyone in retail, then there's no release. Things just keep stacking up at the stores. Unpacking, engineering, manufacture and packaging would all keep their jobs.

Production would be through the roof! However sales would be in the dumps.
Good news for looters. Additionally all prisoners are to be set free, by catapult, onto the president's lawn by increments of 10 seconds apiece.

That's right - I rule the world, but nothing changes except what changes I make. That is, the president continues to do his menial job. Our legislative system remains in place and the police still arrest coke dealers.

I prefer to pull out only a single cog and watch the rest of the works, otherwise un-altered take itself apart.

After this happens globally, I will compose a book of rules entitled "Dictum of How Shit Should Be: If You Don't Like it, Go Drown in the Pacific, Which Will Be A Pain in the Ass for You Eastern Europeans 'Cause You'll Have to Pay High Fare to Get There"

Basically I think everything needs to be torn down and revamped. There's no chance for salvation dudes. I'd like to enjoy watching it collapse and then come from the depths like Jesus from his tomb with my messianic proliferation.

If you'll excuse me, I just heard the Office theme, and I need to go watch.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Begin taking applications for "Jeffster of Love" reality show.

heart

heart on fire
Don't wanna be liable huh? I don't blame you.
You'll get a lot of angry letters... not good for an F dominant.

Why was I singled out? I am not the only person who abdicated the question. Jack Flack wants to shoot himself off the planet in a rocket ship rather than rule the world...but addressing him wouldn't have given you a platform to launch your little F-dom speech, would it?

If you think for a moment dissolving the system will cure the world and it will start over fresh, think again. The world system is the outward reflection of the inner selves of all the people living in this world right now, the current developmental state of collective humans. They'll just recreate what's going on right now. The problem is way deeper than the system or the people running the system, problems lay within each individual and that's the only way they can be corrected. One at a time. Until each human decides to heal themselves nothing can change.

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Depends on how I'm ruling it. With lots of people to go around killing people who disobey me (in which case, I'd just grab enough money to retire and make the military go grow mangoes in Thailand or something), or because I've managed to make everyone on the globe simply love me and want to obey me? If that was the case, I'd probably try to carve out some kind of utopia for people.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
If I ruled the world I'd do the boring thing and try to do a good job. I'd probably very slowly move everything to the Left, while making changes and exceptions on the way. I would constantly test what policy is fulfilling it's goal and which policy isn't.

On foreign policy I'd basically take a diplomotic stance, not non-interventionist. I would try to avoid war, but wouldn't be afraid to throw down, but since I rule the world, I'm not sure who I'd be fighting.

On social policy, I'd be small government.

On the economy, I'd make changes very slowly, moving to the Left, but would make exceptions.

heart

heart on fire
Because I hate you.

Obviously.

Didn't you know?

Your personal feelings towards me are irrelevant to me. I was just wondering why I was singled out when others also side stepped the question. Anja basically said the same thing but in a different way, yet you addressed your comment at me directly as if I were the lone person who said it.

You also assumed incorrectly my reasons why I would not want to rule to the world. I can handle angry mail, I just don't have any interest in wasting my energy on futile endeavors.

heart

heart on fire
Nocapszy, you may insult me now so that heart feels better. :devil:

I don't feel anything but puzzlement why he would single me out when others said the same thing. He didn't really deliver any grave insult, but if he did I'd find that less puzzling.

I simply wonder why single out one person when others said it before I did (and then attach all his assumptions on my motives to it as if his assumptions were fact). It seems an irrational thing for him to have done and his explaination didn't clear things up, unless he is going to claim to be feeling motivated now.

He isn't the first thinker on here to do this (direct something at me personally when others have said the same thing and not had assumptions made towards them), I just wonder why.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't feel anything but puzzlement why he would single me out when others said the same thing. He didn't really deliver any grave insult, but if he did I'd find that less puzzling. I simply wonder why the single out one person when others said it before I did. It seems an irrational thing for him to have done and his explaination didn't clear things up, unless he is going to claim to be feeling motivated now.

Maybe the dingo ate your baby.