• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

God, Soul, Spiritual and Afterlife

wool

Permabanned
It will probably offend your Protestant Evangelism but I have followed the Christian mystical tradition, from the medieval Cloud of Unknowing by Anonymous to the modern From Magic To Technology by Dennis Wier, and found an inner spring of delight that never ceases to flow within me. And the challenge facing religion, including Christianity today, is to reconcile belief and mystical experience with reason and evidence of the 17th century Western Enlightenment. Christianity has been grappling with this for a couple of centuries. Islam has failed even to try to reconcile reason and religion, and it seems your evangelism fails to address the Age of Reason of the 17th century. Why is this? I don't know the answer to this but your evangelism seems to me to be based on hysteria. So the interesting psychological question would be, what are you hysterical about? The first place I would look is your childhood, and he second place would be an unresolved traumatic experience.
Inner spring of delight?

How is that supposed to save you from the grave?

That well will run dry when you're dead. Enjoy your pleasure now old man.

Mole

Permabanned
Inner spring of delight?

How is that supposed to save you from the grave?

That well will run dry when you're dead. Enjoy your pleasure now old man.

Biology see to it that we all die so that the next generation may live.

Narcissists get in a panic about their death and are unwilling to see how their death enables their children to live, so narcissists fantasise about a supernatural life.

Such fantasy is ignoble, while dying for one's children is noble, and brings peace of mind and spirit.

wool

Permabanned
Biology see to it that we all die so that the next generation may live. Narcissists get in a panic about their death and are unwilling to see how their death enables their children to live, so narcissists fantasise about a supernatural life. Such fantasy is ignoble, while dying for one's children is noble, and brings peace of mind and spirit.

You are the one who lives in fantasy land, mole, not I. How is sisyphus? Say hi for me!

Mole

Permabanned
You are the one who lives in fantasy land, mole, not I. How is sisyphus? Say hi for me!

I think we are driving you to sarcasm, wool. You are good value wool because you keep on fighting even against the odds, but you might like to keep in mind that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

So why not focus on how to be comfortable in your own skin.

wool

Permabanned
I think we are driving you to sarcasm, wool. You are good value wool because you keep on fighting even against the odds, but you might like to keep in mind that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. So why not focus on how to be comfortable in your own skin.
I'm fighting for your soul, which is infinitely precious in the sight of God.

On the field of battle I face two giants, named pride and prejudice. They are not impossibly tall. I fight against the odds, because with Jesus on my side, "nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

Mole

Permabanned
I'm fighting for your soul, which is infinitely precious in the sight of God.

On the field of battle I face two giants, named pride and prejudice. They are not impossibly tall. I fight against the odds, because with Jesus on my side, "nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

Yesterday I watched the Archbishop praying alone in the pews at the front of the church before the service, I was quite close to him and I could see that in prayer he went into a trance. And in a trance our critical mind goes to sleep of a while and our fantasy mind wakes up. This means that in a trance we are non compos mentis, we are unable to relate to the reality around us. And our lack of contact with reality is compensated for by the relaxation and pleasure of fantasy. In short the Archbishop was asleep at the wheel.

And just like the Archbishop, when any of us pray, we enter a trance state that takes us away from painful reality into relaxing fantasy.

And look around us, mbti also takes us away from painful reality into relaxing fantasy.

wool

Permabanned
Yesterday I watched the Archbishop praying alone in the pews at the front of the church before the service, I was quite close to him and I could see that in prayer he went into a trance. And in a trance our critical mind goes to sleep of a while and our fantasy mind wakes up. This means that in a trance we are non compos mentis, we are unable to relate to the reality around us. And our lack of contact with reality is compensated for by the relaxation and pleasure of fantasy. In short the Archbishop was asleep at the wheel. And just like the Archbishop, when any of us pray, we enter a trance state that takes us away from painful reality into relaxing fantasy. And look around us, mbti also takes us away from painful reality into relaxing fantasy.
Catholics pray through repetition, which Jesus was against. You know what that means, right mole?

Mole

Permabanned
Catholics pray through repetition, which Jesus was against. You know what that means, right mole?

You don't mean to say, dear wool, that Jesus wasn't a Catholic - quelle horreur. Perhaps you are right, dear wool, and Jesus was a Protestant - makes sense.

And sure, a trance can be induced by any repetition, and the Catholic Mass has been designed over the centuries by the world's great artists such as Mozart, to induce a trance in the clergy and the congregation.

In a trance our critical faculties go to sleep for a while and we become suggestible, so suggestions are made by the priest to the congregation during the sermon. Usually the suggestions are positive and of a moral nature.

But before you get carried away with your anti-Papism, Protestant sects also use trance in church in the same way Catholics do. Indeed, all religions, as far as I know, utilise trance as a matter of routine in their worship.

You might like to read The Way of Trance by Dennis Wier.

wool

Permabanned
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Matthew 6:7

I have a feeling I will be putting you on ignore.

Mole

Permabanned
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Matthew 6:7

I have a feeling I will be putting you on ignore.

I do think you should put me on Ignore, dear wool, as I am a clear and present danger. I can see you are being ineluctably and imperceptibly changed every time you log onto the global electronic tribe of Typology Central. Already we can start to see behind the Christian mask you wear, and it is a little disconcerting I must admit. Particularly as your mask fits you so tightly, there is almost no daylight between you and your mask. It would be painful to take it off and disconcerting as well. Who knows who you are or what you are. Who knows? Very unlikely yourself. So how can we possibly know you, how can we ever know what is behind your Christian mask. We suspect there is a warm breath, but perhaps eyes of fear denied, as you glory in fooling us behind your Christian mask. But how tragic to take off your mask and find there is nothing there. And just as good muslim women hide behind the burqa, so good women, like good Germans, wear a Christian mask.