• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If Christians Were Being Lied To, Would We/They Know It?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That is gnostic belief. It's Luciferian, and the truth upside down. Satan, the userper, took everything Biblical and flipped it. He is not creative.
Of course it's belief, just like your point of view. It's a metaphor. It's not really Gnostic either, but rather Pagan. It makes as much sense to me as the conventional Christian interpretation of the Adam and Eve story, especially given what we know of historical events at the time the story came into circulation.

wool

Permabanned
Of course it's belief, just like your point of view. It's a metaphor. It's not really Gnostic either, but rather Pagan. It makes as much sense to me as the conventional Christian interpretation of the Adam and Eve story, especially given what we know of historical events at the time the story came into circulation.

"Pagan" covers like a million different belief systems.

In gnosticism the serpent is actually the liberator of man, rather than the enslaver. What you said is word for word gnostic belief. Regardless, it's false.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Pagan" covers like a million different belief systems.

In gnosticism the serpent is actually the liberator of man, rather than the enslaver. What you said is word for word gnostic belief. Regardless, it's false.
It is just as true as your belief. Both are beliefs, and as such cannot be proven. In any case, it is a belief that predates Gnosticism by centuries if not more. Gnostics simply latched onto it as more reasonable than the interpretation other factions were pushing, the one that is standard among most Christians today. Pagan is indeed an umbrella term for beliefs of similar age and nature. The Goddess imparting wisdom, especially to women, and represented by a serpent, is a common element in many Pagan traditions.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I kean the supernatural basis of the religion is a lie so by definition christians are not so good at distinguishing reality from fiction.

wool

Permabanned
I kean the supernatural basis of the religion is a lie so by definition christians are not so good at distinguishing reality from fiction.

1 Corinthians 2:14

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would you get to know the people at church? Granted I was raised Catholic and they aren't what I would call inclusive. But to me, you are in church to communicate with God. You and God. That's it. It's not a social thing. I really dislike how it was turned into one.

I think it was always a social thing, even before there were church buildings.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Satan sought to instill a doubt of divine truthfulness within the mind of Eve in the garden of Eden, which caused mankind to fall from Grace. I wonder what sort of spirit prompted someone to create a thread such as this?

Satan is beneficial to mankind.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Satan enslaved and debased mankind by getting him to sin which separated us from God.

But at least you agree that satan is real.

No, Satan freed mankind by getting us to disobey God, it is this act that allowed mankind to gain a mind of its own, a capacity to question, and to ask questions. That is his Gift to us, his only gift to us, I believe.

wool

Permabanned
No, Satan freed mankind by getting us to disobey God, it is this act that allowed mankind to gain a mind of its own, a capacity to question, and to ask questions.

Mankind always had a mind of its own. That's why we were able to choose to disobey God's commandment in the first place. That's why Lucifer was allowed to rebel in heaven and fall to earth.

Freedom of choice is God's way.

Thanks to Jesus mankind was given a second chance, and still have the privilege of making the choice to obey or disobey God's Commandments, the same choice Adam and Eve had. The choice of life or death. If you choose to serve Satan, you are choosing death. If you choose to serve God, you are choosing eternal life.

You have been sorely deceived because Satan hates mankind.

The only thing man "gained" from the devil was death, just like God warned.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Satan is the good guy yo. He tired to save ya all from evil god because if you think about it god wanted to keep you in primitive conditions forever and not let you advance. I have a theory god didnt mean for humans to be intelligent and a mistake occurred during the creation of humans and he didnt want to kll them as if he could keep them smart but docile he could then put them to great use but Satan wanted them to live up to their max so he freed them and God was pissed.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God is not evil, evil didn't exist until it was found in Lucifer.

Satan became Lucifer when he rebelled against God, not the other way around, as Christians would have it. :D So by rebelling against God, he became a light-bearer.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
1 Corinthians 2:14

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

The Lord of the Rings : the Fellowship of the Ring.

Gandalf: A wizard is never late

your point being ?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
God is not evil, evil didn't exist until it was found in Lucifer.

How about all the people God killed. He killed all those people in that great flood killing millions of innocent people and forcing the surivers to engage in incest to keep their bloodlines going creating a bottle neck DNA wise, He killed all the first born sons aka killing innocent babies for no reason when he could just have given the pharaoh a nasty boil on his butt or something, condoning slavery, telling a guy to kill his son, trolling poor Job to death and many other things. Old testament god was one massive douche bag and I see him as the villain.

wool

Permabanned
How about all the people God killed. He killed all those people in that great flood killing millions of innocent people and forcing the surivers to engage in incest to keep their bloodlines going creating a bottle neck DNA wise, He killed all the first born sons aka killing innocent babies for no reason when he could just have given the pharaoh a nasty boil on his butt or something, condoning slavery, telling a guy to kill his son, trolling poor Job to death and many other things. Old testament god was one massive douche bag and I see him as the villain.

It's Satan's chief task to misrepresent God as one who delights in our destruction and suffering, like he himself does.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suggest you try attending some Bible studies if you can or learning on your own.

I suggest you read something other than the Bible, if I may.

I have read the Bible and I'm quiet familiar with it, and I have gone to church and Bible study, but I honestly find it's not for me. Christainity is not for me. I have no problem with people who call themsleves Christians, for the most part, but the Evangelical Christians seem to see the Bible as the only source of reliable information. I think this is narrow.

Let me ask you a question. Would you be willing to read my books, since I have read yours?