• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What now?

TheEndIsNotTheEnd

One of my best friends killed himself.

I'm so confused.

Are some people not mean to be saved?

Life is crumbling around me.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm not a good counselour but will try to find resources to point you toward. Don't despair.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I am so sorry.

Suicide is so difficult in part, because of the unanswered questions it leaves. Warm, respectful hug.

I am going to provide 3 resources. The 2nd and 3rd have forums or support chats specifically for those who have lost loved ones to suicide. The first has a brochure to download with facts.

Grief is a process. There is no wrong or right way to grieve. I respect you are reaching out and I am so sorry you are suffering this hurt and the absence of your friend.

After a Suicide - The LifeLine Canada Foundation

Resources for Survivors of Suicide | Suicide Grief: News & Comment

Survivors of Suicide

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I'm so confused.

I can understand how you feel with your loss. You are probably feeling all the guilt and helpfulness that goes with loss in general. In the past when i have lost people and pets (None to suicide) but I always had feelings of guilt (I should have taken them to the vets sooner, if i had tried harder to stop him smoking years ago, I should had spent more time with them e.t.c). I would suggest seeking professional support or even from family and friends if you can access it as it can do wonders to sit and talk with others. I truly empathize with you buddy :hug:.

Dont feel that you have failed your friend, he made his own choice to kill himself which I would guess was due to deep issues in his life and possibly mental illness.

Rouskyrie

I'm so confused.

Words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss.

I can relate, in that I've lost multiple friends to suicide.

You're right to be confused. It's confusing when someone takes their own life, because you can't help but wonder: "Why?" "What could I have done?" But remembering them and being thankful for the times you shared is more important than finding the reasoning, because sometimes you won't ever get an answer. It's also important to not blame yourself, as it will only cause you to suffer more than you already are. That's the last thing you need right now.

I cannot answer with certainty if some people are, or are not meant to be saved. I would like to save everyone, but unfortunately that's not always possible for a variety of reasons.

If you need anything, don't hesitate to reach out to me. I will try my best to help you however I can, because I want for you to make it through this.