• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the Sages, Mystics, Teachers of the Ancient World

I am trying to include people from the lists that I know of mostly Buddhist, Christian, and Greek Philosophers, but whatever else you could think of would be interesting.

Confucius I think was likely an INTJ

Lao Tzu seems much more like an INTP

Socrates I think was an INTP

Archimedes I think was ENTP

Plato I think was INFJ

Aristotle I think was ENTJ

Buddha possibly INFP? Seems like either a well developed INTP or INFP, but I am not sure which

Mencius I think was an ISTP

Dogen I think was an INTJ

Jesus was an INFJ I think

Apostle Paul was I think ENTJ

Dante Aligheri was I think an INTJ (though perhaps not of the ancient world sorry I have been thinking a lot about INTJs in history)

Diogenes I think may have been an INTJ

Marcus Aurelius was an INTJ

Epictetus was an ENTP

Pythagoras was an ENTP

Justin Martyr I think may have been an INTJ

Augustine of Hippo I think was an ENTJ

Thomas Aquinas I think may have been an ENTJ

Martin Luther maybe an ENTJ?

Calvin I am pretty sure was an INFJ

some of these are not ancient simply because the teachers on the Christian list that I knew of were INTJ

Prominent Atheists throughtout History might include

Heraclitus I think was an ENTP

The Sophists ???

There were also traditions of Atheism in Ancient India and in Jainism. I think the Buddha was likely an atheist in the sense that I do not think he believed there was a personal spiritual force that influenced the Universe.