User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Klebold and Harris were the shooters at Columbine. They probably did have their deaths coming (So do the police who waited hours to move in--That's another story).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    *Most* people desire *not* to die but there are those few, who in extenuating circumstances, find themselves in a grave predicament wherein which their continued existence would only stand to afford them continued exposure to such an immense magnitude of suffering, that for them, the option of death seems and becomes, quite rationally, the better choice.
    Do you not realize that enough people commit suicide without you glorifying it? I can almost guarantee I've been more down than you. Way, way down, but I'm not down today. It's too bad I didn't have friends like you at these moments of desperation.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Do you not realize that enough people commit suicide without you glorifying it? I can almost guarantee I've been more down than you. Way, way down, but I'm not down today. It's too bad I didn't have friends like you at these moments of desperation.
    Um, how am I glorifying it?

And PLEASE!!!

You do not know me and, or the depths of sorrow I have been through.

No one got me out of my, yes *suicidal depression* but myself.

Perhaps we are just two different people. If I ever choose to off myself, you can bet your ass it won't be due to anyone's influence/opinions/judgments but my own.

When people realize that life, and to live is a *choice* they become truly liberated and empowered.

I am not here because I have to be, I am here because I *want* to be.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I did not say you hadn't been there yourself. That was unknown, and I responded taking the possibility into consideration.

I don't think people fail to realize they could kill themselves if they chose to, if that's what you're trying to educate them on. Even if you somehow remove their blinders, and everything becomes suddenly clear to them, whether they're better off is a philosophical question, and my answer to that question is "probably not."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I respect man's right to choose and implement his own death, even though I may or may not find the act itself, depending on the circumstances to be a respectable one.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Banned
    MBTI
    type

It's not a question of respect. People will do it no matter how they're thought of for it. Being that I consider genius and disastrous desperation of some kind to often go hand in hand, the kind of person we tend to lose through suicide saddens me. To encourage it is a disgrace.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

WHO IS ENCOURAGING IT?!?!?!?

The following is a list of some geniuses who happened to have committed suicide:

Ry?nosuke Akutagawa

Diane Arbus

Kurt Cobain

Kurt Gödel

Ernest Hemingway

Primo Levi

Sylvia Plath

Anne Sexton

Vincent van Gogh

David Foster Wallace

Virginia Woolf

I do believe that genius and madness can, and often do, go hand in hand but jeez! These people were obviously hurting, and in a major way, why can't you respect their choice to put an end to the suffering that was their lives?!?!?!?
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Banned
    MBTI
    type

*kills self*

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think that, albeit it is every man's right to take their lives, their most precious of all possessions, into their own hands.. that we should do what we can to save our brothers as well.

I've seen suicide through my friend's father, it was ugly. He had the right to take his own life.. but he was also constantly drunk, on pills, and never in the right mentality (Not to say if he were alive he'd be an outstanding citizen... but the pain my friend had to go through seeing his already good-for-nothing father committ suicide in his mom's apartment bathroom.) We didn't really ever talk after the incident.. like we both had seen some dirty secret we were never meant to know. It was an ugly awakening very young-on to the reality of death.

If I knew of a friend trying to take his life.. you bet your ass I would do all in my power to stop him. Because I feel it is my responsibility. Don't like it? Don't tell me you're going to committ suicide. I think it is your right to have your own life in your hands.. but if you tell me you're going to do it, I'm going to take that as a sign that you need help and attention and I am going to try to stop you however I can. Maybe that's for my own selfish conscious.. like I would always think I could have done more.. but whatever my motives, that is how I stand on it.

Now Euthanasia? I do believe in. I believe in putting dogs to sleep, and allowing people in pain to decide to sleep comfortably if that is how they choose to go out. In those cases, I would not feel bad doing so, though I would be sad at the passing. It's not the same, as say, someone trying to shoot themselves in the head with a shotgun in a bathtub while intoxicated and overdosing on pills.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

*kills self*
    ROFL.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

*kills self*
    +1

Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge