• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think I am starting to give up on humanity; am I on the right now?

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know if I believe in anything anymore, the human race just seems horrible and I hate being a part of this world. It seems like most people are just prone to hatred and senseless violence over petty differences and would rather cling to outdated and dogmatic world views that don't make sense for no reason other then the fact that it gives them some sort of credence and right to some means of power (usually by brute force) and dominion over others. I mean literally, or honestly the world could be a better place and the only thing seemingly that keeps us back is ourselves re-creating it over and over again and I don't want to give in to all of this but I just don't see any reason to feasibly see the majority of people as good anymore? not even really in between...they're just senseless, mean spirited and selfish greedy beings who only care about themselves. We just build great walls, tear them down and then seek other areas to dismantle or destroy in place of our great ego's and will to power.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually no wait, I was just listening to a speech/lecture and Noam Chomsky (who is technically not really a liberal) said that proverbially like lemmings all following their 'great mighty leaders' off a cliff and it's actually the most industrialized countries that are eagerly doing so, and whilst we have conventionally been disrespectful towards indegenious cultures and populations, they now more then ever are some of the people's we should look to for leadership and guidance moving forward. (which maybe sounds new-agish, but it's not at all) which is really ironic and but I think is mostly true. And while I think, yeah you can more or less corrupt or blindside an entire population; why then does it seem so easy and why do so many gullibly follow? it's hard to just not hate them or just think they are terrible, especially again in such resourch rich countries are we so quick to turn and hate the sick or vulnerable? it just doesn't make any sense. But then, it's just like vodoo black magic; this insanity.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I still feel like the jury is out on whether human beings are really all that good or not. I mean come on, are we really just going to pretend that on the surface (if not completely avoiding any related topic all together) that human beings are okay, but yet at the same time while the majority holds many deep prejudices and discrimations against a large part of the populous themselves, which is kind of hypocritical. I mean I have been wondering if all these humantarian ideals and the people who believed any/or followed them have even really known many? I mean I think everyone still deserves to be treated fairly for the most part, but at the same time a part of me just thinks that it's any one's fair game as to what or the way things are goverened and it's really any one's ball game as to what equalit even exists. I mean, how is what we have even much or at all different from fuedalism? lol. Underneath the surface we try to appear civilized but it could be anything but. I don't even know.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hear ya.

Although it's comforting to remember there are people out there kinder than I'll ever manage to be. It can feel overwhelming to see the masses of injustices and cruelty in the world, but worth remembering it isn't everybody. I know that feeling, though, that it is everyone, or at least it is potentially everyone given the right circumstances. It is worth looking inward when feeling this way. If there is anything inside of you that is better than the horribleness you see in the world, that is a guarantee that other people have those same glimmers in them.

S16M4

Permabanned
The Right doesn't "give up" on humanity. It merely acknowledges and works within reality instead.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The ugly truth is that humanity neither cares about nor needs your hope. The only thing you can do is learn how to survive, carve out your niche of peace, trust, and belonging, and try to minimize how much destruction and harm you contribute.

Nature never promised us paradise. Nature never promised us anything at all. Angsting helps none. Acting helps some. Maximize where you can. Otherwise, move on.

Empyrean

The ugly truth is that humanity neither cares about nor needs your hope. The only thing you can do is learn how to survive, carve out your niche of peace, trust, and belonging, and try to minimize how much destruction and harm you contribute.

Nature never promised us paradise. Nature never promised us anything at all. Angsting helps none. Acting helps some. Maximize where you can. Otherwise, move on.

I like this.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Nah. Too late to care. This world is already so beaten up, and humanity tends to repeat mistakes. Trust, Peace, belonging, as much as we can manage in a world that caused rifts that make this very difficult that is.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to watch a show called "Monkey World" that documented the interactions of chimpanzees who lived together at a rescue center. Many of these chimps had been rescued from labs or circuses across the world, so many had emotional and physical damage. Whenever a new chimp was introduced there were various bullies that would come and challenge and hurt the new chimp. In the wild chimpanzees can actually be quite mean and some eat other types of monkeys. I find them to be a lot like humans.

At this center there was one chimp named Charlie, who had been rescued from a lab, so he also possessed many scars. For some reason he would always come and defend and protect the new monkeys from being bullied. He was a compassionate little being.

It struck me that ultimately each individual person can define what humanity has the capacity to be. That one chimp acted differently from the norm. Why wasn't he mean? Why did he have empathy and kindness? I don't know, but I do think it is possible to decide what you wish humanity was like and go ahead and be that. Even if it doesn't change the world, it will change small pieces of the world. If it is possible for one human being to be deeply compassionate, even if the whole world doesn't change, it means something incredibly important to have the individual capacity to rise above circumstance and to be something more than reality should have coerced you to be.

S16M4

Permabanned
In the wild chimpanzees can actually be quite mean and some eat other types of monkeys. I find them to be a lot like humans.

Nature is mean. The default position in the universe is death. In our most natural state, humans closely resemble chimpanzees. In our current state, society at large closely resemble bonobos. An author named Jack Donovan describes it as "The Bonobo Masturbation Society."

Bonobos live luxuriously, with access to as much food as they need. Female coalitions check male aggression, and males rarely form tight-knit groups. Males don’t know who their fathers are, only their mothers. Sex is, as a bar whore once said to a pal of mine, “like shaking hands.” Homosexuality is commonplace because sex is a social activity, and everyone has sex with everyone. It’s not about reproduction; sex is about mutual masturbation and having a good time. Sex is a major part of bonobo life. Bonobos are said to be peaceful, and while that may not be completely true, they’re definitely matrilineal and exceptionally horny.

Chimpanzees form patriarchal hunting groups. The males stick together, and the females end up moving from group to group. Sex is a reproductive activity. Homosexuality is rare. Males dominate females and the males at the top of the male hierarchy control the group.

America is fast becoming a “Bonobo Masturbation Society,” devoted to pleasure and organized primarily to serve the interests of females. More and more men are raised by single mothers, and males are discouraged from organizing without female supervision. Sex is social, and the majority of the hard, dangerous work that men used to do is either done by machines, idiot-proofed, or outsourced to countries where life is cheap. Women and dishonorable men micromanage male aggression with endless laws and lawsuits, and bad boys who can’t pay big lawyers are drop-kicked into a multi-billion dollar prison industry that boasts the highest incarceration rate in the world.

Because just about the only manly thing that most men are allowed to do is bang, I am more sympathetic. I see what many call game as a kind of gateway masculinity. Game is essentially assertiveness training for a generation of young men who spent most of their lives playing “mother may I?”

Manliness is like a talent. Some males are more gifted than others, but like any talent, masculinity has to be pushed and developed to amount to anything impressive. Boys who were raised by single moms or overprotective parents and put through the public school feminist brain-washing system were never tried or trained by groups of hard men. You can’t hand a hen-pecked boy a high school diploma and expect him to spit like Clint Eastwood.

At this center there was one chimp named Charlie, who had been rescued from a lab, so he also possessed many scars. For some reason he would always come and defend and protect the new monkeys from being bullied. He was a compassionate little being.

It struck me that ultimately each individual person can define what humanity has the capacity to be. That one chimp acted differently from the norm. Why wasn't he mean? Why did he have empathy and kindness? I don't know, but I do think it is possible to decide what you wish humanity was like and go ahead and be that. Even if it doesn't change the world, it will change small pieces of the world. If it is possible for one human being to be deeply compassionate, even if the whole world doesn't change, it means something incredibly important to have the individual capacity to rise above circumstance and to be something more than reality should have coerced you to be.

Buddha Chimp. I like it.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Um, what does this have to do at all with what I said? it's totally just a strawman :dry:

I mean I don't know, the last time I checked the world is a pretty bountiful and beautiful place and we have everything we need, the only difference is that many human's would rather fight all of the time even though we have everything that we need. Anyway, I suppose in a sense, I was asking due to what I feel would be a noble or just and the most sensical life path to thus live and how to make sense of the world which would in turn also thus effectively the choices I choose to make and thus live my life.

But I don't know, it feels hard if not impossible for me not to care about anything but I wonder if at the same time that (not necessarily just life) if the human man made world, civilization and the future of humanity is worth caring, being concerned with or worth being involved with either as if we simply are stuck this way and will Always continually fight and live in constant warfare and destruction and anything seen as worth living or having any deeper meaning or truth and concepts such as justice are utterly meaningful because the truth of the situation is that human beings are petty, brutal and violent.

Obviously if would seem that to many in this thread and in general that in truth human beings are but senseless animals without free will or choice and say in their life and thus we are slaves to our innate biological desires and drives. I find it interesting that we talk about ourselves always from such a detached and outside perspective as if we are different creatures and removed from ourselves entirely as passive observers of our own selves and lives.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Right doesn't "give up" on humanity. It merely acknowledges and works within reality instead.

Yes but the problem is that defining reality definitively when such things are but impossible in itself and is merely presenting and asking for it's own self defined dogma to be accepted without second thought or questioning. So what I would have asked then, is if the "reality" presented by the right that it claims to work within is true in a sense that "things just are" and that the only observable l truth is what it itself presents is as truth, and what I would see that human beings are not without hope or faith to anything better and that humanity is foreseeably without hope and that life is meaningless.

Or at least, it is hard not to make a case of anything otherwise when meaning is non existent.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Look at them as a car crash on the side of the road. Keep driving.

Yes but to where, and should we even be driving? do we know why we are in a car? perhaps maybe we should be walking instead, it's better for the environment.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't give up, we have hot dog pizza! Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles!

lead_960.jpg

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
[MENTION=25922]Blackout[/MENTION]

I have some suggestions and a question for you.

Look into historical study of our species, Chomsky gives quite a good fundamental account of the development of liberal progress in the context of historical residues; check out the Chomsky Focult debate.

I would point out to you, that even, just with regard to the West: the general standard for cultural life, family life, social-ethos, was greatly impacted by WWII, and to a large extent, western civilization has yet to recover the sensibilities which were shocked out of so many people; this shock, has yet to be forgotten through the processes of emotional inheritance, past down through the generations; which frankly, make manifestations like Trump, and the broad appeal of juvenile rhetoric, more understandable, if not palatable.

---
What is your technical definition of "liberal"?