User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    That's all fine, but you're missing the fact that he likely holds more conservative values on the subject than most of the people passionately attacking him.
    If he doesn't "stand behind his words," as I naturally assume he doesn't, then this is a silly, repugnant thread, just like it is. And like I've stated. And others have.

And I read plenty of it. *is quick*

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Would be criminal destruction of property. (See topic: American Slavery)
    Sorry, I missed that thread... but the question remains...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Of which, I believe you are flawed in clearly. If you think it's the right way of doing so, go on and try to pass such a law. If babies make me FEEL like they are humans, than that is what I shall in turn think when I debate. Just because you think babies shouldn't have human rights, it doesn't mean they won't. Like I said.. the laws are in place to protect those until they can protect themselves.. your theory would destroy those protections.
    I dont get it. Just because you feel like they are human they are human? Do you maintain that Feelings are facts?

What if I feel like there is a gremlin in my room who is trying to tie me down to my bed every time I attempt to get up and I cant go to work because of this? Is my employer obligated to buy this by the same token as one ought to buy your claim?

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    I've taken your logical argument and just gone one step further.
    Explain how you did that.

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    Sorry, I missed that thread... but the question remains...

I have answered your question in post 38.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    What on earth is the relevance of this?
    You are making an arbitrary judgment. What makes your arbitrary judgment better than anyone else's arbitrary judgment? I think the burden rests on your shoulders, here. Our society has already determined that the mother gets to choose whether or not her child has any rights, until birth, when that choice is no longer hers to make.

I'd like to see some scientific evidence that shows your stance is beneficial to society, not some weak philosophical argument.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

BW, your intent here is to enlighten pro-choice folks about the insignificant difference between a birthed and a yet-unbirthed baby, no?

And thus everyone getting all upset at you should instead turn their emotions upon themselves and examine their personal abortion stance?
    If he doesn't "stand behind his words," as I naturally assume he doesn't, then this is a silly, repugnant thread, just like it is. And like I've stated. And others have.

I think you're just being moody about it. If it makes people think, it makes people think.

Which is arguably the point of the forum.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

And I read plenty of it *is quick*.
    Right.

Anyways, it doesn't mean I can't enjoy getting fired up about it and arguing my point as passionately as I would anything else. Whether he feels that way or not, it's his argument and I will argue as if it is his to claim. It doesn't mean I'm mad at him? I'm attacking the thread's statement, not Blue himself?

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You are making an arbitrary judgment. What makes your arbitrary judgment better than anyone else's arbitrary judgment? I think the burden rests on your shoulders, here. Our society has already determined that the mother gets to choose whether or not her child has any rights, until birth, when that choice is no longer hers to make..
    What is the logical foundation of this argument?

Scientific, or empirical foundation to my argument has already been discovered. We merely need to examine how the brain of a 2 year old works and what cognitive functions it capacitates him to perform. And respectively the brain of an infant, a fetus, and a retarded child.

You're all set there.

The judgment was not arbitrary, you need to re-read the OP more carefully.

I do indeed. On numerous occassions, I provided a very rigorous defense of my thesis, it seems to have gone over your head.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

I thought I already covered this. It is not okay to kill the healthy adult person because he has the psychological sense of self, this is what grants one the human rights.
    Why create so narrow definitions?
    Why do you say that is not ok to kill people that have psychological sense?

Is it maybe because you don't like idea?
    What from the point of logic stops you from killing other people. You have said that you don't believe in mainstram version of god. If you are good planner nobody will ever know what to did.

Why not killing te infant, siblings , mother , father even grandparents if they are close.

The palanet is aleady overcrowded, and god does not exists?

Sorry logic is logic.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I think you're just being moody about it. If it makes people think, it makes people think.

Which is arguably the point of the forum.
    Then I apologize for my interference. I was under the impression most people got done with this low-thinking in childhood. Actually, I wasn't; I just deluded myself for a few minutes about the presence and general quality of the Average Mind again.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

You people are all confusing me.

Explain to me why it's so terrible of him make people think that abortion is no different than killing living babies? Because by doing so, he's arguing that abortion is wrong! I'm totally confused how this is riling everyone up.

I don't believe in aborting babies. Yes, I agree with BlueWing's overarching point.

*You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis