User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 177

  1. #121
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    Until it can survive on its own outside the womb, it's in mom as a parasite.
    Ugh. I hate that mentality so much.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  2. #122
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Ugh. I hate that mentality so much.
    Not the right feel for you my good sir eh?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    You know the feeling you get in your guts when you notice a less-intelligent-than-yourself-haughty-pseudo-intellectual condescend to someone? *that*

  4. #124
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Not the right feel for you my good sir eh?
    Yep.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  5. #125
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You know the feeling you get in your guts when you notice a less-intelligent-than-yourself-haughty-pseudo-intellectual condescend to someone? *that*
    No, kid seriously. You're in the wrong thread.

    Consider the Fluff Zone for your posting convenience.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    No, kid seriously. You're in the wrong thread.

    Consider the Fluff Zone for your posting convenience.
    *congratulates self for riledom*

  7. #127
    Senior Member Enyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    xNTJ
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    At a level of basic intellectual cognition. For example, having a describable idea of the external physical environment. Being able to speak in full sentences. In short, basic intellectual functioning that are necessary to distinguish one from an animal and underline one's psychological status as that of a human being which is necessary for proclamation of human rights.
    Y'know, the human brain isn't actually fully developed until around 20. Using your argument, any life should be allowed to be terminated if it's mentally ill, under twenty, senile, or any form of impaired.

    Also, by your logic, since children are property, then there's no reason why daddy should go to jail for diddling the baby. After all, it's only property.

    This argument actually reminds me of Jonathon Swift's _A Modest Proposal_. But it's not funny. It strikes me as pseudo-philosophy attempting to be profound, and failing immensely.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

  8. #128
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    Y'know, the human brain isn't actually fully developed until around 20. Using your argument, any life should be allowed to be terminated if it's mentally ill, under twenty, senile, or any form of impaired.

    Also, by your logic, since children are property, then there's no reason why daddy should go to jail for diddling the baby. After all, it's only property.

    This argument actually reminds me of Jonathon Swift's _A Modest Proposal_. But it's not funny. It strikes me as pseudo-philosophy attempting to be profound, and failing immensely.
    I never said it ought to be fully developed. Only to a certain degree. Normal development at age 2 is far enough. So far you made no argument.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  9. #129
    Senior Member Enyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    xNTJ
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    I've been pondering about this too recently. Babies and Children have been dispensed out of necessity (the parents needed to get rid of it to survive, they couldn't keep it alive without endangering their own lives) for centuries without it being a crime but now for some reason we think we are above it. People now see that as brutal and immoral, but to those same people it is okay to kill someone because that person happened to murder someone else. Logical survival methods are deemed 'Bad', whilst illogical revenge instincts are rendered 'Good' (I shouldn't have to explain why revenging a death is illogical and worse than killing an infant.) However it should be noted that an unwanted child should primarily be set up for adoption over just killing it lol. And if it can't get adopted in a timely manner for some reason, then it should be killed in a humane manner.
    When this happened, abortion was not readily available. Birth control did not exist in the varieties in which it is now available. Therefore, these unwanted pregnancies should never even come to term if the parents are not willing to birth the child for someone else to raise.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

  10. #130
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    When this happened, abortion was not readily available. Birth control did not exist in the varieties in which it is now available. Therefore, these unwanted pregnancies should never even come to term if the parents are not willing to birth the child for someone else to raise.
    Why shouldnt daddy go to jail for killing the 1 month old baby? What reasons can you give for this other than your vulgar prejudice?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Similar Threads

  1. Legality of Infanticide
    By Beorn in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-19-2015, 02:00 PM
  2. Type based on choice of historical quotes.
    By Jack Flak in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 08:41 PM
  3. on Philosophy of Education
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 06:12 PM
  4. [ENTP] On: Overassessment of entp savvy
    By entropie in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 08:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO