User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Kill under 2, you get a fine and some jail time. Kill over 2, its murder.
    Remember my first post, about your judgment being arbitrary? I think I've demonstrated my point pretty well.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Remember my first post, about your judgment being arbitrary? I think I've demonstrated my point pretty well.
    You're missing the point. The penalty for damage of property concerning infants is akin to the penalty for damage of houses and businesses. The punishment may be nearly as severe as for murder, but the grounds for the punishment are slightly different.

I dont know what the penalty for arson is right now, though I'd pit it up at 10 years at this point. Killing an infant of somebody else should receive a similar penalty.

The difference between 2 and under 2 is that under 2 isnt a human, and 2 and over is.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    infp

I too think that is a weak argument. Your definition of human and animal are all very strange. Humans are animals, and killing animals is itself illigal, depending on the animal and everything.

How do you define psychological sense of self? Why is psychological sense of self required to be human? Humans are in fact biological animals, and what you seem to refer to as psychological sense of self (still not totally sure what that means in this sense) is not apparent in all animals anyway, including some that you may not be allowed to kill.

Babies have no trouble expressing their humanity. They eat, sleep, and shit just like everyone else, and just like every other animal.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The difference between 2 and under 2 is that under 2 isnt a human, and 2 and over is.
    Yeah, like I said...arbitrary.

The Broncos/Chargers finish was a lot more exciting than this thread. Good luck with your plan, Bluewing.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INXP

Essentially the purpose of morality is to make our lives better, what conduces to human happiness is morally sound, what does not, is morally unsound.
    The death of ones child is conducive to human unhappiness.

I suspect you don't have the foundation of 'logic' to realise that.

This will be the case until/if the majority reaches your intellectual ideal. This is an irrational discussion because presently your (I assume) universal/majority intellectual ideal is unattainable.

Presently, I would think 99% of people would not dispose of their birthed child whether it were the 'logical' decision or not.

This doesn't mean I don't enjoy irrational discussion, though.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

Thank you for pointing out the nature of a theoretical discussion, arbitrary values are assigned to get discussion going, what is wrong with that?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Thank you for pointing out the nature of a theoretical discussion, arbitrary values are assigned to get discussion going, what is wrong with that?
    How about reading the thread before you comment.

How about reading the thread before you comment.
    Comments like that are worthless, well, most of the comments in this thread have been worthless, so it should be expected. Btw, you hurt my feelings

Banned
    MBTI
    type

EVEN JUST THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD IS SO ROFL ABSURD I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE LOL. SPARE ME

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

The Broncos/Chargers finish was a lot more exciting than this thread. Good luck with your plan, Bluewing.
    I don't see the arbitrariness.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/