User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Most likely some jail time. Its highly valued property, much like a house, or a business. Much akin to the penalty you'd incur for the crime of arson.
    Arson is a serious crime, not because of the property damage (which is usually covered by insurance, unless the arsonist is the beneficiary), but because of the potential loss of human life...what if someone is in the building? How much prison time would I get if I got into my car and smashed into yours right now? Probably none. I'd get a traffic ticket. My license might be suspended, but that's about it.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    "What if?" questions are the INTPs forte. Though the kind of question you ask can indeed demonstrate your character to your audience, as has been illustrated.
    I think I was saying that, in a logical argument, saying you shouldn't do anything on the off chance that perhaps something good might have happened (without having ANY evidence of what is most likely to happen!) is, well, not really that logical at all.

Hence = I shouldn't respond to your post because you just might get angry and somehow find out my personal information and come to my apartment and murder me in my sleep.

Or I could just as easily say that I should respond to your post because you might fall madly in love with me and bear me many wonderful gifts.

See? That sort of speculation just is so pointless.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think I was saying that, in a logical argument, saying you shouldn't do anything on the off chance that perhaps something good might have happened (without having ANY evidence of what is most likely to happen!) is, well, not really that logical at all.
    Ah, I see. I call that overanalyzing, and it displeases me as well. In my view it's a waste of thought, because the time could better be spent contemplating something worthwhile.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Bluewing, are you cool with me getting a $50 fine for killing off your progeny? If this is the type of world you want, this is the type of situation you'll find yourself in.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Ah, I see. I call that overanalyzing, and it displeases me as well. In my view it's a waste of thought, because the time could better be spent contemplating something worthwhile.
    Yeah. I might also call it "wishful thinking" -- basically Ne gone wild, without any rational basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Bluewing, are you cool with me getting a $50 fine for killing off your progeny? If this is the type of world you want, this is the type of situation you'll find yourself in.
    Only if the kid is over two, Lat -- otherwise, you'll go to jail, right where you belong.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Only if the kid is over two, Lat -- otherwise, you'll go to jail, right where you belong.
    So I gotta wait until Bluewing's kids are two years old to take them out? I can live with that.

So I gotta wait until Bluewing's kids are two years old to take them out? I can live with that.
    A normal child may be dispensed with until he has reached the age of 2
    ... (maybe you were joking and i didn't catch it, w/e)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Oh, that's what I thought, but Jennifer corrected me and she's usually right on those sorts of details, so I just assumed I was mistaken.

I'll take out Bluewing's kids in the hospital nursery.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Kill under 2, you get a fine and some jail time. Kill over 2, its murder.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Kill under 2, you get a fine and some jail time. Kill over 2, its murder.
    Those aren't mutually exclusive, and that's how things are now anyway.

"WE'RE ALL FINE HERE. HOW ARE YOU?

Boring conversation anyway."