• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

this I believe

Lark

I found a really interesting website that I wanted to share:

This I Believe | A public dialogue about belief — one essay at a time

I wonder what anyone else thinks of it, I found it after reading the first couple of chapters of the book Edward R Murrow's This I believe: selections from the 1950s radio series.

I like it a lot and the idea of writing a 500, affirmative, statement of what you actually do believe is something that I'm going to give some serious thought to doing.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Interesting find.

I'm at work at the moment so can't really check it out, but im a believer in the power of belief and how it really drives most of what we do.

Lark

Interesting find.

I'm at work at the moment so can't really check it out, but im a believer in the power of belief and how it really drives most of what we do.

Its sort of a weird story how this came to my attention, I was watching season two of sleepy hollow and the guy from the war of independence era quotes this book, now I think its an ealier book from the fifties, the inspiration for the more recent one which I now own and not the book I own itself (I've ordered the earlier one) but the website seems good and the preface to the book I do have is the same as the original one and an oft quoted statement of original broadcaster that people have traded their beliefs for bitterness and cynicism and the need of personal philosophies which are positive was never greater.

If that was the case in the fifties imagine what they'd think now, I like reading a lot of the 500 word statements of belief because they've obviously thought about them and its not, as I often find now a days, that someone is totally wrapped in what is really a single issue and liable to be forgotten as quickly as it came to prominence without some kind of serious effort to keep it centre stage and in the lime light of public opinion.