User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ethical dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    Will you be back for a following semester? Or is this is?
    This is it. I'm here for four months. It would be an extraordinary feat to get me to stay in this town even a day longer than I have to.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Heh, I would have absolutely no problem with that. My problem is, I don't want either of us to be accused of anything by the school. Let's say I'm sleeping with her and she's grading my work, whether or not that influences her grading is irrelevant if the school finds out and determines that the mere appearance of impropriety is unacceptable. That's my issue.
    Wait until the last day and have one hell of a good-bye. However, with that much build-up and anticipation, it had better be *very* good.

It all depends on if you're interested in sex or a relationship.
    Last edited by Enyo; 09-10-2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Oops, I see you won't be back next semester.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

If possible, switch lab sections and then ask her out.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield