User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP

Default Is the soul in the epiphypis?

The idea that the body and mind are separate goes back to the old greeks and Platon, but it was first Rene Descartes whom first in 1600 (Enlightenment age) described prcisely the difference between body and mind. And is the mind and soul in the epiphysis? In your opinion?

I've got a book on this so I am wondering.

For me the soul is the conscience, which is dead at the westerns because we are externally controlled via the police. So...there is no conscience and no soul, unless you find a way to channel your energies in lawful way. Maybe.

Peace
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

I think it was an arbitrary choice, but a good guess given that a person only has one soul. You have one epiphysis, therefore the soul goes there. It's gotta be the perfect storm of ignorance and enlightenment thinking. See, they got to the point where they no longer figured the heart did all the thinking. No, they were enlightened past that, but still believed in souls. So you look elsewhere. Is it the brain that holds the soul? Well, maybe. Remember, by the 17th century anatomy was far more advanced as a science and we could deduce a nervous system existed and had some idea of how it worked. But here's the problem: your nervous system isn't a structure, it's two structures pretty much all the way down and all the way up. You've got spinal tracts going to your left arm, and spinal tracts going to the right arm. Follow them up all the way past the medulla and you'll still end up with two structures, two hemispheres. But the pineal gland was unique, because you don't have two halves of a pineal gland. It's just one thing. So obviously the soul has to sit there, right?

I believe that our biological states give rise to our more ephemeral experience of consciousness that transcends those states themselves if only briefly, transitionally, impermanently. Think of it like a hologram. The image you see does not exist on the surface from which it arises.
    Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.

Meet Richard P. Feynman

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP

Soul is related to breath, the thing that makes a distinction between dead objects and living things animals and humans. In Islam, Christianity and Judaism. And also as i accidentally know in China and their understanding of Qi. This is a theory related to all the ancient world, about the soul being connected to the breath. Living things not dead things.

In Islam a man is an animal. The only difference between man and animal is that man can speak.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

The soul is a result of platonic thought, or that there is pure representation of static objects in nature, as one would think a rabbit is a rabbit is a rabbit, when in fact a rabbit is a transitory phenomenon independent of the noumenal concept of a rabbit. Even the singular rabbit, a phenomenal slice of space-time encompassing that which is a long haired nose wrinkling hopping mammal, is a slave to its past (or bound to its fate, whichever).

By this, there is no one phenomenal facet of reality which is represented purely on a plane higher than existence in itself.

The soul lives in the conditioned mind.
    tiny purple fishes run laughing through your fingers
    and you want to take her with you, to the hard land of the winter

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

The what?
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too
    Likes themightyfetus, GIjade, SpankyMcFly liked this post

What's an epiphysis?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masokissed View Post
    The what?
    Twinsies!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP

You are a jedi, so you can believe that, but many want to believe God in the unknown wathes over them. There is a certain comfort in that, i find relief when i mention the name Allah. It is like breathing out: Allahhhhhh.....

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    What's an epiphysis?

- - - Updated - - -

Twinsies!
    Epiphysis is also known as the pineal gland.
    https://www.google.no/search?q=epiph...DNZ_gU3AUMM%3A
    Likes Masokissed liked this post