You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Default Gender

I'm vehemently in favor of everyone's gender identity. I understand that gender is not as black-and-white as society makes it out to be, and that it can be a complicated thing. Please don't get me wrong there!

Now. I found this gender masterlist somewhere. This is a very long list, and some seem a bit...outlandish. Such as this one:

"Colorgender: a gender associated with one or more colors and the feelings, hues, emotions, and/or objects associated with that color; may be used like pinkgender, bluegender, yellowgender."

Do you really think there are this many genders? I'm a cis girl still trying to get acquainted with all this gender stuff. Can anyone who identifies with any of these lesser-known genders (colorgender, existigender, etc.) explain what exactly they are or how they are experienced? I am really trying to be open-minded.

Here's the list.

P.S. I didn't know what subforum to put this thread in.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes yama, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Be who you want. I won't judge someone based of their gender identification. Nor should anyone else.

However, if it comes along with special snowflakeism and the like, then yes I will judge you, and probably tell you to shove it if I am forced to associate. One of the most poingent examples would be other-kin. No honey, you do not have the soul of a dragon, what you need is a nice talking to and a nice cup of reality and humility juice.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yeah, be who you want or whatever gender you want to be. If you're a douchebag then, you'll just be a Caelgender: a gender which shares qualities with outer space or has the aesthetic of space, stars, nebulas, etc. douchebag.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Be who you want. I won't judge someone based of their gender identification. Nor should anyone else.

However, if it comes along with special snowflakeism and the like, then yes I will judge you, and probably tell you to shove it if I am forced to associate. One of the most poingent examples would be other-kin. No honey, you do not have the soul of a dragon, what you need is a nice talking to and a nice cup of reality and humility juice.
    Yeah I agree. Be who you want. I think what I'm getting at is, do people get too attached to labels for very, very specific things?
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    Yeah I agree. Be who you want. I think what I'm getting at is, do people get too attached to labels for very, very specific things?
    Of course. It happens all the time in all kinds of places. Humans like to put themselves in boxes for a variety of purposes. Usually to belong, or to assert onesself as an individual.

Likes themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Not to be a spoil sport, but I find master lists like this pointless, and their ever changing and dynamic content only underlines the silliness of gender categories.

Gender is not real beyond being an abstract social construct. This list is potentially infinite. Its actual utility is questionable.

Are all genders valid, or Is it really that no gender is valid?
    Are two genders simply not enough, or are two genders actually too many?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Not to be a spoil sport, but I find master lists like this pointless, and their ever changing and dynamic content only underlines the silliness of gender categories.

Gender is not real beyond being an abstract social construct. This list is potentially infinite. Its actual utility is questionable.

Are all genders valid, or Is it really that no gender is valid?
    Are two genders simply not enough, or are two genders actually too many?
    I don't agree with the notion of eliminating the concept of gender all together. As I see it, it seems more like a statement of "you aren't allowed to be any gender", and misses the point completely that it strives for. People will always put themselves in boxes, and forcing change to prevent that won't stop it. Because of this, I disagree with those that assert no gender is valid. Social construct are not inheriently evil, and as humans we'll never rid ourselves of them, and it's foolish to try to do so. What we can and should do instead, is strive to make those fair.

This then leads to saying all genders are valid, which is really a subset of saying all identities are valid. However, it doesn't make all of them real. Most are though. Can people pretend? Sure, no harm no foul, be who you want. However, if something isn't real, then it's hard to take it seriously in the way of rights and benefits specific to that.

Personally, I don't even look at lists like that, I just go about my business and meet new people. If they say they are cis, trans, agender, or something in between or whatever, ok cool. It would all serve us better to try and look at the person BEFORE putting them in a box. Putting in a box first causes problems, and it's the big root of gender issues in the modern era.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    Just Ni

I kind of want my gender to be related to how a New Yorker orders coffee from a coffee shop/Starbucks.

That'd be a cool gender yeah. 2 pumps, extra whip extra shot. drizzled, skim, add sugar, some cream, etc.

Then to have a really long name as the order.

F O R E V E R

When it matters, everyone's the same.

MBTI
    beep
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

"Antegender: a protean gender which has the potential to be anything, but is formless and motionless, and therefore, does not manifest as any particular gender"

formless and motionless

"(POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING) Autigender: a gender that can only be understood in the context of being autistic"

Is ADHD a gender too? What about bipolar disorder?

"Caelgender: a gender which shares qualities with outer space or has the aesthetic of space, stars, nebulas, etc."

I can make a star my gender? Cool!

"Espigender: a gender that is related to being a spirit or exists on a higher or extradimensional plane"

And I can be a spiritual entity.

Come on, this is silly. These made-up gender identities are just promoting gender stereotypes. Sometimes I feel like going shopping and doing my nails and sometimes I feel like playing COD with my guy friends, but that doesn't make me "genderfluid" or any of these other ridiculous words.

IMO, gender is mostly associated with biological sex. If you really feel like you're the opposite gender, you might be transgender. Anything beyond that isn't necessary.

The color thing is cool, though. I like to associate my phases and alter egos with colors (ie. pink is my sweet and quiet side, black is my spontaneous and badass side, red is my outspoken side, etc.) but I don't really see how that could relate to gender.
    Previous username: EliaBlack
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Nonbinary genders are not ridiculous. My agender friend's (lack of) gender is very real and should not be invalidated. They don't identify with any gender and I don't see how that's ridiculous or silly.

Gender is also very separate from biological sex (though for ~90% of the population they are the same), which in turn is very different from romantic and sexual attraction. (As in, you can be trans and gay, or trans and straight, just as you can be cis and gay, cis and straight, etc).
    26 weeks