User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 29

  1. #1
    mein, memeself, and MeMe meme duchess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    295

    Default "All humans are equal!"

    DISCLAIMER: Long-winded and I'm not really sure where I'm going with this so feel free to voice out whatever personal thoughts you have on the manner without necessarily responding to mine.

    I never understood the mentality of dumbing everyone down to the same level with the same justification implied in the title... because they're humans.

    Not enough. I don't understand this, maybe because I don't believe that everything is subjective. I'm not going to use the whole entire world for comparison but let's imagine a situation (unrealistic and probably taking on the black and white mentality to a level but hypothetical for a reason) where we were forced to kill one out of two people - one, ability-wise, is horrible at everything and another perfect at everything. Wouldn't we choose the one who happened to be... perfect at everything? More potential to help both themselves and others, while the one horrible at everything doesn't. Or, maybe, let's take the concept that everyone is equal and apply it to a popular moral question: there's a train that won't stop and it's heading into two different directions - one has two people who you're unfamiliar with while the other has only one. The train is currently heading towards those two people but you have the option of pushing a switch so that it goes the other way. By the standard of humans being equal, unless you're a psychopath and want to see more being killed for the shits and giggles, you'd then make it so you kill the 1 over the 2. But humans aren't really equal, so imagine - if we happened to understand the context of each and every single life and one human had more "potential" to live a better life than all two combined, wouldn't we kill the two over the one? I think you get the point.

    Okay, monologue over. And...

    //out.

    *only interacts with other memes such as (me x2)-self (two negatives = a positive) who regularly use the font comic sans unironically*
    Likes Xann, Tellenbach liked this post

  2. #2
    vigilant Xann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    1,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meme Duchess View Post

    Congratulations, you've just connected to a basic truth the vast majority of humanity either cannot or will not accept which highlights the greater political struggles of the world today. By dumbing down everyone infinitely and ignoring this first basic objective truth it sets a standard for those in control of the political agenda to eventually get the masses to believe whatever they want eventually, as in giving up their free speech and gun rights is actually a good and moral thing to do. This line of thinking scares people because humanity has such a long and frightening history of genocides and by being able to apply the standard to one person based on quality of traits alone it opens the door to applying it to groups as well. The vast majority of people would rather continue to live in subjective happy land forever because it gives them the delusion it will keep them and everyone else safe. But those who surrender freedom (in this case of thought based on their emotions) for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

  3. #3
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,120

    Default

    Whether or not all humans are "equal" wholly depends on the metric(s) you're using.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes asynartetic, Ursa liked this post

  4. #4
    vigilant Xann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    1,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Whether or not all humans are "equal" wholly depends on the metric(s) you're using.
    If you mean "theoretically morally equal" in the sense I think you're trying to convey, then yes. But objectively different in certain traits, no. Both are different uses of the term equal and both tie in together infinitely when it comes to reality.

  5. #5
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    If you mean "theoretically morally equal" in the sense I think you're trying to convey, then yes. But objectively different in certain traits, no. Both are different uses of the term equal and both tie in together infinitely when it comes to reality.
    Crap, I should've put in my disclaimer.

    This isn't a moral appeal. This isn't to say that one should seek out and evaluate only on the measures where they are equal. Just sayin', from one perspective it's a way to guide the question.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Xann liked this post

  6. #6
    vigilant Xann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    1,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Crap, I should've put in my disclaimer.

    This isn't a moral appeal. This isn't to say that one should seek out and evaluate only on the measures where they are equal. Just sayin', from one perspective it's a way to guide the question.
    Ah okay, gotcha. I think it's hard to deny for anyone who is willing to evaluate on all measures and not purposefully avoid others that humans are not in a complete sense equal in the objective use of the term, once the song and dance of semantics and political correctness is over. Otherwise there would be nothing to identify or differentiate people from one another.

  7. #7
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meme Duchess View Post
    DISCLAIMER: Long-winded and I'm not really sure where I'm going with this so feel free to voice out whatever personal thoughts you have on the manner without necessarily responding to mine.

    I never understood the mentality of dumbing everyone down to the same level with the same justification implied in the title... because they're humans.

    Not enough. I don't understand this, maybe because I don't believe that everything is subjective. I'm not going to use the whole entire world for comparison but let's imagine a situation (unrealistic and probably taking on the black and white mentality to a level but hypothetical for a reason) where we were forced to kill one out of two people - one, ability-wise, is horrible at everything and another perfect at everything. Wouldn't we choose the one who happened to be... perfect at everything? More potential to help both themselves and others, while the one horrible at everything doesn't. Or, maybe, let's take the concept that everyone is equal and apply it to a popular moral question: there's a train that won't stop and it's heading into two different directions - one has two people who you're unfamiliar with while the other has only one. The train is currently heading towards those two people but you have the option of pushing a switch so that it goes the other way. By the standard of humans being equal, unless you're a psychopath and want to see more being killed for the shits and giggles, you'd then make it so you kill the 1 over the 2. But humans aren't really equal, so imagine - if we happened to understand the context of each and every single life and one human had more "potential" to live a better life than all two combined, wouldn't we kill the two over the one? I think you get the point.

    Okay, monologue over. And...

    //out.

    Perhaps you are just not looking deep enough into the matter.


    Likes Red Herring, Forever, MDP2525, geedoenfj liked this post

  8. #8
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    The problem is that some people took the phrase "All people have equal rights" and transformed it into "All people are equal".
    The first one is about giving everyone a chance and the second one about dumbing down children in school so fantasy can be turned into reality.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  9. #9
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    Predictive systems in assumed reality score more points of objectivity than the comforting blanket of lies that imply we all start with the same basic chances.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  10. #10
    is indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    How are children being dumbed down?
    tiny purple fishes run laughing through your fingers
    and you want to take her with you, to the hard land of the winter
    Likes Reborn Relic liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. What type of human are you?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 11:17 PM
  2. Proof that not all languages are singable
    By Alpha Prime in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 06:10 PM
  3. All people are the same?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 08:41 PM
  4. Nature is Round, and Humans are Square
    By Haight in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 10:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO