• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Makes You Happy?

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey guys! Your favorite nugget is back with a project about human happiness, which I started like 20 minutes ago just because WHY NOT? It's winter break and I'm bored as shit and I want to do something constructive and not sit on my ass. I made this 4 question survey, and I want to find out stuff about human happiness. Every response counts towards my "research," and hopefully I'll make a film about it. Also I'm smarter than I look and this is a legit project; I'm not fucking around :)

Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1inaedXxa6SctHqcn3tkpxlReh6LwZ4Z-5CF3cr7uEQQ/viewform?usp=send_form

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I’ve been doing a lot of research on happiness and am beginning to draw some conclusions. However, I don’t want to share these just in case they’re wrong. But PLEASE continue taking the survey if you haven’t already and reblog it. I hope that this helps your understanding of yourself and of the world around you. Also, if you find or have any information, feel free to send me articles or studies — whatever you can find on the comments section on the survey which is linked below. This is really exciting for me and I hope you’re excited too!!!!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm trying to figure that out...as I have for the past 4 years.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Hey guys! Your favorite nugget is back with a project about human happiness, which I started like 20 minutes ago just because WHY NOT? It's winter break and I'm bored as shit and I want to do something constructive and not sit on my ass. I made this 4 question survey, and I want to find out stuff about human happiness. Every response counts towards my "research," and hopefully I'll make a film about it. Also I'm smarter than I look and this is a legit project; I'm not fucking around :)

Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1inaedXxa6SctHqcn3tkpxlReh6LwZ4Z-5CF3cr7uEQQ/viewform?usp=send_form

Dunno if it matters to you, but you are going to get a lot of N-centric answers here. Niche communities tend to have similar viewpoints.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Done.

I kind of wrote my long explanation in the section on 'other' for happiness so said see above for the last three.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm trying to figure that out...as I have for the past 4 years.

Yeah, likewise. I'm glad someone is taking an active interest in this subject and pursuing it somewhat scientifically. What makes me happy has never interested me as much as why it makes me happy. I've oft speculated on the subject, and I'd love to hear some preliminary thoughts and observations from the OP. No need to fuss over adequate reporting- we're not a journal of psychology. :D

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What Makes You Happy?
Please list up to 5 things that make you happy.

-Being useful to others
-Sweaty things
-I like sex with chicks. Having sex with babes is a very life affirming activity
-Slightly dangerous or pretty dangerous things
-Above all though, probably living within a tribe I feel I belong to. It's all about sharing you life and time with people

How do you feel when you're happy? *

Lol, uh, happy?

Well actually I the first time I was in a consistent "happy" phase, I guess elation, vibrant, in the "flow," relaxed.

It was a shocker, happiness, I'd only been "content" up to that point.

What is happiness to you? *

Drinking in Essence of Woman, in all its forms.

Well, feeling like a Man too. Handling my biz, protecting/caring for those I love.

In your life, is the pursuit of happiness important to you? *

Other
Happiness is not the point of life, imo. And those that spend their lives searching for it, never find it. It seems Happiness comes about when you are not looking for it but when you are simply being the best human you know how to be. And it often shows up without you realizing it.

So please do try and recognize it, because it is like sand through fingers.

Very mercurial, happiness.

What do you think makes happiness? *

For me, it's freedom and means to do what you want coupled with purpose. Too much freedom has a dark side.

Myself, I've taken it for granted many times and all but thrown it in the trash in search for MORE freedom, MORE happiness, only to find it's gone.

Example: "Love the one your with!!"

Do you think that us as a human species have lost some of our happiness? Why or why not?
I'm so sorry about the repetitive word choice...

On a large scale, humans have devolved into some kind of parasitic bacteria. Greedy, selfish, Disconnected. "Insert virtually any quote from Fight Club."

And why is that?

We've lost our true Nature, which is living in small communities or tribes. The search for independence and freedom from relationships has left us in isolation and/or bogged down in idealism, left us with too much time spent in our minds. A scary place to be for extended periods.

Think violent idealisms, religion, any -isms.

Any additional feedback or thoughts that you have?

Don't worry (Be Happy!). And relax as often as you can, cuz you're gonna die someday, and no one said on their deathbed, "I just wish I had lived a life with more stress."

What do you know about happiness that you feel would contribute to this project?

Read above, it's gold.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Putting things to where they should be, so satisfying, including people.