• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mr. Robot and a Huge Synchronicity: Can you explain this? Spoilers inside...beware

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
About three years ago I kept a journal for my active imagination. At the time the name of my Anima was Shayla, a spitting image of the Shayla in Mr. Robot.

If you don't know by now, Mr. Robot is what Jungians would call the perfect Jungian example. That aside, Shayla in Mr. Robot is symbolic of Elliots Anima. When Elliot quits his drugs, Shayla dies....Shayla is his anima.

Strangely, I watched the episode up to episode 7 before I realized that at one time Shayla was my anima too, for Shayla is our generations archtype of the benign, kind, loving, easily tricked, trusting, beautiful girl who is making all the wrong moves.

Shayla is the good girl trying to be bad because of a traumatic experience. She is the quiddity of the female addict.

Another synchronicity...my Anima, before she was Shayla, was Esmerelda. That night I went to a supermarket and read the name tag of the lady cashing me out. Her name read Esmerelda.

I have never met an Esmerelda and I have never heard the name Shayala, ever...I made that name up three years ago, it came to my tongue randomly, by intuition.

Strange...Jung is confirmed. Synchronicity is a fact unless you can develop a statistical model to test the probability of this happening and it is larger than .05 percent.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I should add today I opened up my old Journal and it fell from my hands as I realized that the collective unconcious, either in Jung's form, or as a morphic field, is as real as gravity...

Duffy

"That night...."

What happened on that night? I don't see the significance in the 2nd account, Esmerelda, but I think you skipped something in your story.