User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I do not think going to a catholic school contributes more to someone becoming a slut, moron, or degenerate, as there are just as many or more coming from other types of schooling as well. Also, Catholic schooling did not detract from my faith one bit. Anyone who tells you that is lying.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I do not think going to a catholic school contributes more to someone becoming a slut, moron, or degenerate, as there are just as many or more coming from other types of schooling as well.
    I don't deny that. Im just stating that from personal experience many of the worst of the worst commonly come from them.

But this merely a secondary reason why I generally don't like Catholic schools.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I find myself unable to engage in debate with you, sorry. If that's seriously the level you're operating on, carry on by all means. There's no way in there.
    I admire your honesty: not many people can admit they're in over their heads.
    "There can be no understanding between the hands and the head unless the heart acts as mediator." (Metropolis, 1927)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I would very much like to convert to Catholicism, which freaks out my Protestant friends, but I'm fairly determined.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I would very much like to convert to Catholicism, which freaks out my Protestant friends, but I'm fairly determined.
    We'd love to have you. You know, we get to drink wine at church!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I didn't know you were Catholic, EffEm. I've been thinking about going back too.

MBTI
    INTj

I heard that Catholic style weddings are the rage in Japan, but they do it just for the visuals.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    We'd love to have you. You know, we get to drink wine at church!
    Well, thanks you. :X I'm a sucker for a religious guy with booze.

I've been giving this serious thought for quite a while. I was raised in the Scottish Presbyterian tradition, like it has been in my family for over 350 years. I mean, even my ancestors who came over on the boat in the 1590's were Protestant. We must've got in on the ground floor of that movement. lol So it's going against a great deal of history for me, but I just don't connect to Protestant views, and the first time I sat in a Catholic mass, I felt my whole body relax, like it made sense. Of course, I've upset family and friends in the process, but I know it's the right thing to do, so I'm just going to give them time to adjust.

MBTI
    INTJ

I've been giving this serious thought for quite a while. I was raised in the Scottish Presbyterian tradition, like it has been in my family for over 350 years. I mean, even my ancestors who came over on the boat in the 1590's were Protestant. We must've got in on the ground floor of that movement. lol So it's going against a great deal of history for me, but I just don't connect to Protestant views, and the first time I sat in a Catholic mass, I felt my whole body relax, like it made sense. Of course, I've upset family and friends in the process, but I know it's the right thing to do, so I'm just going to give them time to adjust.
    That's called boredom.
    wails from the crypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I didn't know you were Catholic, EffEm. I've been thinking about going back too.
    Well, I don't actually go all that often. But I still say I'm Catholic because I think to an extent it's as much ethnic/cultural as religious, kinda like Judaism. Besides, if I ever broke ties, my aunt the nun would kill me
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari