User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm very Catholic (not Roman though), through and through. But I still don't see much beautiful in all the kids dying of AIDS in Africa because the Pope won't let them wear condoms. I also don't see much beautiful in the Pope telling me that despite all the world's scientific opinion and declarations by the UN and WHO etc, that my identity as a male is invalid and I therefore cannot become a priest or even receive communion in an RC church unless I 'changed back' to female. I would, literally, rather die.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I'm very Catholic (not Roman though), through and through. But I still don't see much beautiful in all the kids dying of AIDS in Africa because the Pope won't let them wear condoms.
    Which kids? Name two.

Besides, exactly why would people who don't follow the Church's teaching against fornication nonetheless follow the Church's teachings against artificial birth control?

Or... were you attempting to make a point that simply escapes me?
    "There can be no understanding between the hands and the head unless the heart acts as mediator." (Metropolis, 1927)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

I find myself unable to engage in debate with you, sorry. If that's seriously the level you're operating on, carry on by all means. There's no way in there.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Sniffles

The aesthetics of religion can truely be appreciated by anyone, believer or no. And yes there are those attracted to Catholicism merely for those purposes. But without a geniune sense of spirituality, such aesthetics are empty of any true meaning.

So my own sense of faith in Catholicism is not based enxclusively on aesthetics. Ultimately, it's based upon geniune faith in our Lord Christ. Aesthetics helps bring forth beauty to more appreciate the greatness of God.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I'm very Catholic (not Roman though), through and through.
    Are you an Eastern Rite Catholic?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

It is beautiful. I am also Catholic but I don't practice anymore. My parents are still very devout. Sometimes I miss it. I did all of my schooling at Catholic all-girls schools too so it's kind a part of me that I could not shake if I wanted to.

Sniffles

Im so thankful I never attended Catholic school.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Why?

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Why?
    Various reasons. Largely as an outgrowth of my general disgust with the institutional Church. Like my namesakes, I adhere to Catholicism but despise the "Church" on many levels.

Ironically much evidence shows that Catholic schools do much to harm peoples' faith in the long run rather than help it. I certainly see it in my personal experiences with many graduates - who often are among the biggest sluts, morons, and other degenerates I know of.

In all honesty, I think attending a Catholic school probably would've done much damage to my sense of faith.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

You know Catholicism has serious problems when not even Holy Roman Emperor stand up for it.*

Giacomo Biffi so worked Falcarius out when he said that the modern Antichrist was most likely now disguised as a philanthropist supporting creeds like vegetarianism, animal rights or pacifism, or advocating dialogue with Orthodox or Anglican believers.

* And no Peguy, Falcarius is 99% sure that 'Holy Roman Emperor' is not one of his duplicate accounts, but he does do strange things when he is drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.