• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychics etc

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I am also an empath and I believe both in skilled cold reading and sharp intuitivity.

But I'm sure not gonna say somethin' stoopid and subject myself to the scorn of disbelievers! Hee.

"It can't be proven." so there's no use discussing this for me.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Hmm, excluding my mother's crazy dreams, she primarily reads people while directly or closely interacting with them. She sees through/reads/gets people via their eyes. Within mere seconds she can get a pretty accurate and cohesive picture of the essence of a person.

I too read people really well but not as quickly, cohesively and accurately as my mother does. For me, there are certain people, who deeply affect me, their energy/aura/what-have-you, leave strong and lasting impressions on me. Also, I very often get visions of people (that I know), and these visions are an accumulation of flashes of them doing/experiencing various things.

I see the difference there... Actually, the only psychic who I really believed could see things was working with me at a telemarketing company, and now that I think about this, she was probably your mother's type, since she could actually articulate what she saw.

But your style sounds more like something I do (which I have never thought to be "psychic" stuff), I just look at people and know stuff without being able to put it into words. I've thought this is mostly reading body language, but sometimes I have this feeling like I've seen a dream about a person before I've met him.

I am also very sensitive to "dark" people. I know within seconds upon meeting someone if they are dark or not, (mind you, this is incredibly rare, since most people are not dark, thank god :D ).

I think I can do that too. Something about some people seem "inhuman", like they don't have emotions. This hasn't happened but once or twice, though...

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
"It can't be proven." so there's no use discussing this for me.

We're not scientists here, so go ahead. I find it a bit silly that people openly talk about god they believe in, but are uncomfortable talking about their personal spiritual experiences. To me personal experience would be a lot more useful than intellectual study of religion...

burkeus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
Also, I very often get visions of people (that I know), and these visions are an accumulation of flashes of them doing/experiencing various things.
I also do this. Can you give an example of what you mean by this?
I do have a subconscious registry of archetypal types of human beings and behaviors, many faces look familiar to me, and a familiar face triggers a memory which triggers a feeling, sense, or picture about this "new" person that is often accurate.
Again, I also experience this. So, is it archetypes that I should be reading about to help me understand why this is happening? And how do you know that your sense about the person is accurate?
I am also very sensitive to "dark" people. I know within seconds upon meeting someone if they are dark or not, (mind you, this is incredibly rare, since most people are not dark, thank god :D ).
Well, most people are not dark, but some are. I find them to be quite interesting.

burkeus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
For example, I know this forum is a virtual meeting place for all types of people but somehow I'm getting the feeling that there are people here who actually know me or know of me in RL. I don't know who they are though and don't know how to confirm it. I can guess, but guessing isn't confirmation.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Well, most people are not dark, but some are. I find them to be quite interesting.

They are creepy, not interesting.

For example, I know this forum is a virtual meeting place for all types of people but somehow I'm getting the feeling that there are people here who actually know me or know of me in RL. I don't know who they are though and don't know how to confirm it. I can guess, but guessing isn't confirmation.

Well, you could post your real name at the bonfire and ask...

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
Re: dark people, I've put my finger on what identifies them as such to me...it's the eyes, they never match the smile.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think parapsychology is an interesting science that could be studied. Most of the people who claim to be 'psychics' are swindlers, but I think some could be right.

It's just a possibility.

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
My test for "realness" of psychic phenomenon reports:

If they seem anxious for you to believe it, and are trying to convince you...it's probably a scam.

If they seem anxious that nobody ever know about it, and are reticent to speak of it...it's probably something that really happened.

As always, the interpretation of the report giver must be considered, but I'm far more likely to listen to someone who seems worried I'm going to think they're nuts.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd really love to hear from the psychics on the board. I've always been interested in psychic phenomena, and I'd love to hear of some firsthand experiences.

I always get excited when the paranormal/psychic/ghost shows come on tv. :wubbie:

burkeus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think parapsychology is an interesting science that could be studied. Most of the people who claim to be 'psychics' are swindlers, but I think some could be right.
Those damn "s" words again.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
What are "dark" people?

I'm not sure but I think psychopath is a very suitable description.

I'd really love to hear from the psychics on the board. I've always been interested in psychic phenomena, and I'd love to hear of some firsthand experiences.

The woman I mentioned earlier worked with me and told on a coffee break that she has some skills in this area. I was like "ok.. sure.." and she wanted to prove it so she told me my zodiac sign and the signs of all the people who worked there. I was a bit suspicious, but she was right with all of them. But, it got really interesting when she called a woman the next week (we were telemarketing) and the discussion went like:

- Hello, I am calling from ... We have a discount ... (the normal stuff we said to everyone)
I cant hear what the woman says but it sounds like she isn't interested in buying any of the magazines. Then ...
- Excuse me for asking but, are you pregnant?
At this point I am like "WTF" you can't ask something like that.
- Well, we have this "Baby" magazine which is great for new mothers to learn about the things you need to know when having a baby.

At that point I was sure she really has some skills. She sold the baby magazine.

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know anyone even relatively well-known that is psychic. But I will say that I believe in psychic awareness. :D Some of those who claim to be psychic are thieves playing on the gullibility of those who are just that. Gullible. But there are those with an extra sensitivity so that they can sense this stuff. It's almost like having a radio based in Indianapolis. And for whatever reason- I'm not that technical, so I'll leave that bit up to the imagination- it picks up frequencies from farther away, say like Chicago, that the other radios don't get. I know it's not the best example, but hopefully to at least get an idea of what I mean across. Some people seem to be a bit more sensitive to certain frequencies than others. That's what I believe about being psychic anyway.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Some of those who claim to be psychic are thieves playing on the gullibility of those who are just that. Gullible.

Can anyone give it up for Miss Cleo? [remember her? Anybody?? :D]. How about John Edwards? :steam:

Anyhow, I fully believe in psychic awareness but there is sometimes such a fine line between what can be considered psychic phenomena or just pure coincidence based off of information one already knows which might lend to a very likely situation. I read somewhere [here or on an INFJ profile page] that INFJ types are prone to psychic experiences more-so than other types. I haven't the foggiest if it's actually true. I would suspect that any person could have a psychic experience; the question is whether they would accept it when it happened or would they overlook it completely for lack of comprehension as to what it was.

Perhaps there is something to be said about those who have strong connections with others in relation to those who have psychic experiences. Such as a twin bond, or having a close connection with a friend or other family member-- when something bad happens, the other person can 'sense' it even if they are hundreds of miles away. Stories like that always intrigue me.. :blush:

As for personal experiences...I guess I've had a few. I have gotten very strong 'notions' about something, usually soon before it happens. i.e., about a couple months ago or so one of our employees was fired and it botched up a good portion of our scheduling for the rest of the week. I went to work with a very strong feeling that I would be asked to stay until closing, rather than work a three hour shift, to cover for the employee who had been fired days before. I had it in my head that I would turn it down [closing time is particularly stressful for me :doh: ]. I got to work and come to find out, my 'feeling' was wrong-- but only by a small variant: I was going to be forced to stay until close [or risk losing my job] and was not notified of this until I arrived for my shift.

That much could fall under coincidental- I'd be lying if I said it was my only experience, however. Today, I had a strange glimpse of the idea that the cashier coming to relieve me at 4 PM wouldn't be able to come into work. She's a responsible girl and very rarely calls in sick or for any other reason. Lo and behold, a few hours later, quarter til the end of my shift...she walks in to speak with our manager...tearfully explaining that she'd just been kicked out of her home and couldn't work her shift. :shock:

I've also had dreams about things far in advance to actual events. I once dreamed about the sort of cat I would get [hoping and praying to nothing in particular that I wished I could find out if I'd ever get a pet kitty]. I dreamed of a black and white kitten patterned like a cow, and a few years later...my mom's friend's cat had kittens and there was only one kitten who looked just like the one in my dream. Of course, she's the one I chose. :D Also, about any time that I've ever dreamed about my grandmother, I know that I can expect a phone call from her soon after I wake up [and it is generally not always a social call-- more like a 'how come you haven't paid on this...' and then it gradually turns social].

Anywho, I'm not thoroughly convinced these are 'psychic' experiences, however, I'm not completely convinced that they are purely coincidental, either. :blush: