• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychics etc

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Predictable. Practically everyone here doesn't even consider the possibility of such existing or the explanations behind it that could create a more tangible understanding of it... Such things are immediately dismissed or mocked. A weakness of the human mind. Better to experience, observe, test. Like true scientists. There is much tossed opportunity for intrigue, I think. It's a waste to just dismiss and ridicule everything that doesn't make sense yet. Think.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Anyone know any psychics, mediums or such? Which type are they? Are there any who aren't obviously derailed?

Psychics and mediums are contacting demons and are kind of deceiving you.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would like to address a few points:

There are fake and faulty psychics.

Some of the fake just read your body language as of that moment and share really vague and non-debatable descriptions of a human being. Since they're so vague, they can be interpreted to your circumstances.

For those who may see dominant intuitives as psychics, remember that intuition is not an ability we control but rather it comes to us when we're exposed to the external stimuli. So it's not that they can get "money" so easily because the content of their intuitions are not of their entire control.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My mom once told me that my soul was gray and depressing. I have no idea if that is psychic, but she is really into the spiritual and says she is intuitive/empath. I originally thought she was INFJ, but now I think she is ISFJ because her intuition is sensory based and she is extremely literal and doesn't understand sarcasm.

I can't tell if this psychic stuff is real or not. I guess I'll find out when I'm dead.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I enjoyed the Hollywood Medium episode with Melissa Joan Hart. Not sure if the guy has genuine psychic abilities but he comes across as a nice, caring individual. I'd be less skeptical if I knew for sure that he didn't know who the client is beforehand.

Here's the segment:

[video=youtube;Piavdr3OUms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?Piavdr3OUms[/video]

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My mom once told me that my soul was gray and depressing. I have no idea if that is psychic, but she is really into the spiritual and says she is intuitive/empath. I originally thought she was INFJ, but now I think she is ISFJ because her intuition is sensory based and she is extremely literal and doesn't understand sarcasm.

I can't tell if this psychic stuff is real or not. I guess I'll find out when I'm dead.

But Ni is dependent on Se lol...

Ni cannot work alone.

I think most forms of sarcasm is just passive aggression anyway.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But Ni is dependent on Se lol...

Ni cannot work alone.

Oh I see what you're saying. But wouldn't you think that an ISFJ would be more confident in that area than an INFJ? I would also say that she's too detail oriented to be INFJ, but she is in her mid fifties.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh I see what you're saying. But wouldn't you think that an ISFJ would be more confident in that area than an INFJ? I would also say that she's too detail oriented to be INFJ, but she is in her mid fifties.

As Carl Jung said our first half of our life is to build our ego, the second half of our life should be to improve ourselves (individuation)

When people are older, the functions are harder to differentiate unless they're unhealthy for a while as they are much more balanced. I would ask what her interests may be when she was young and if she allows it may illuminate your understanding. Although my parents are very private about what they did as children which never really made sense to me, but yeah.

Define sensory intuition to me though?

Si is looking for a method to be comfortable in and enmeshed in. It would contradict what intuition is, as intuition looks past the surface and tries to see the inner workings of something. Applying a routine method is not intuitive by any means. Of course ISJ's don't live in a world where Si can flourish alone and may have to occasionally change their methods as life is ever changing via other functions.

I am starting to like the word "detail oriented" less for sensors, because practically every job description asks you to be detail oriented. INJ's learn details of things they are exclusively interested in to extreme depths if they so desire. But are they sensors? No.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As Carl Jung said our first half of our life is to build our ego, the second half of our life should be to improve ourselves (individuation)

When people are older, the functions are harder to differentiate unless they're unhealthy for a while as they are much more balanced. I would ask what her interests may be when she was young and if she allows it may illuminate your understanding. Although my parents are very private about what they did as children which never really made sense to me, but yeah.

Define sensory intuition to me though?

Si is looking for a method to be comfortable in and enmeshed in. It would contradict what intuition is, as intuition looks past the surface and tries to see the inner workings of something. Applying a routine method is not intuitive by any means. Of course ISJ's don't live in a world where Si can flourish alone and may have to occasionally change their methods as life is ever changing via other functions.

I am starting to like the word "detail oriented" less for sensors, because practically every job description asks you to be detail oriented. INJ's learn details of things they are exclusively interested in to extreme depths if they so desire. But are they sensors? No.

Well my mom wasn't talking about mbti intuition when she said she was intutive. She claimed to be able to tell what type of clothes I would like without me telling her. I know that doesn't sound like "real" intuition, but that's just what she told me.

And if sensors aren't detailed then what exactly are they? Aren't details the opposite of concepts (which is usually how people distinguish the two).

Of course INXJs can notice and work with details, but it's not their natural mode. I believe the world of details is myour mom's natural mode.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well my mom wasn't talking about mbti intuition when she said she was intutive. She claimed to be able to tell what type of clothes I would like without me telling her. I know that doesn't sound like "real" intuition, but that's just what she told me.

And if sensors aren't detailed then what exactly are they? Aren't details the opposite of concepts (which is usually how people distinguish the two).

Of course INXJs can notice and work with details, but it's not their natural mode. I believe the world of details is myour mom's natural mode.

Well that's just Fe in general, Fe looks outside themselves for other's likes and preferences. Ni can help Fe find patterns with what people like as well as combine with Ti and Se for better selection for you. I would think Si appeals more to a certain worldview of how you would dress whereas Ni is more flexible and expressive because Se's lack of selective perception over external stimuli.

Well, Si sensors and Se sensors may have things in common for attention to detail and being "present" but I thought of also how Se has this "physical intuition" which is in a sense, being present with things but it isn't far-reaching but rather great in being in tune with the environment. Si is more of what I'd like to think of a painter of objects in their own mind, the more they are exposed to something the clearer they perceive that item and have a greater potential than Ni would (if it is not exactly preferred to the Ni user) to master that subject or object. Si does have some advantages over Ni. So it isn't my argument to say I am better than others, because obviously I have many things to work on. Anyway, back to Si, so because Si is now exposed to certain things, they can be "practical" with those things, and perhaps would like specialize in it. They focus on the sensation of the object, the surface. Like in one YouTube example, like an Si user could collect trains and learn every aspect of a train in a way they would have factual knowledge of all the trains there are in the world and how they work or events that took place with those trains. It is just a preference for a certain knowledge.

Yes, as with things in general for the INJ. Ni has a fixation to only learn things that seem meaningful to the individual, therefore making learning difficult of a general nature, where as Dominant Ne's do not select ideas so seriously as Ni does thus information is easier to remember for the Ne user. (Parallel to how Si would want certain sensations more than an Se user would care for)

From Carl Jung on Introverted Intuition:

Introverted intuition is directed to the inner object, a term that might justly be applied to the contents of the unconscious. . . .
Although his intuition may be stimulated by external objects, it does not concern itself with external possibilities but with what the external object has released within him. . . .
In this way introverted intuition perceives all the background processes of consciousness with almost the same distinctness as extroverted sensation registers external objects. For intuition, therefore, unconscious images acquire the dignity of things.
(C.G. Jung Psychological Types, 398-399)

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
tumblr_lxewsfcHSU1r0bfqx.gif

Mole

Permabanned
From Carl Jung on Introverted Intuition:

Introverted intuition is directed to the inner object, a term that might justly be applied to the contents of the unconscious. . . .
Although his intuition may be stimulated by external objects, it does not concern itself with external possibilities but with what the external object has released within him. . . .
In this way introverted intuition perceives all the background processes of consciousness with almost the same distinctness as extroverted sensation registers external objects. For intuition, therefore, unconscious images acquire the dignity of things.
(C.G. Jung Psychological Types, 398-399)

When reading the above it is important to remember that Carl Jung suffered from a florid psychosis as evidenced in his diary called The Red Book.

And it is important to remember that The Red Book was hidden for eighty years in a locked safe to order to deceive the followers of Carl Jung.

And interestingly the deception continues today as it seems to have a life of its own.

So what do they take us for?

MisteurFox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I question the intent of the people who come into these kinds of topics just to say these things don't exist. Anyway, to answer the OP...

I've known someone who told me about my past lives as I was in the process of remembering them. It was an odd and exciting experience. She also cleaned my aura, which I felt. She helped me a lot through what was probably the hardest part of my life... I doubt I'd still be here today if it wasn't for her help and "their" guidance.