• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychics etc

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I can understand that. (Actually, I can't).

If I want to let someone know how I feel, I let them know. I don't want them poking around in my diary behind my back, as it were. That's just me. Other people like to play hard to get.
Well it's not as if you're speaking Greek to me here. I didn't want anyone to know or give a shit, but she did, and for whatever stupid reason, it made me feel better. OKAY? lol.

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whatever floats your boat. :) If it's done with good intentions and the outcome is good, then I say let it be.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any power to see the supernatural they have is something I would rather source from the ol' Holy Spirit. I find it a little bit intriguing but mostly misleading.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Quite often psychics and mediums and fortune tellers are skilled in going into a trance.

And an easy way to induce a trance in someone else is to go into a trance yourself.

But why would they want to put you in a trance?

Because in a trance your cognitive faculties go to sleep and you are open to suggestion.

In other words you are unable to criticise what they say and you are unable to experience cognitive dissonance.

So they can manipulate you for their purposes.

If you learn self hypnosis or trance induction from a sports' psychologist, the first suggestion they will make to you is, "never let anyone put you into a trance against you will".

And if anyone puts you unknowingly into a trance, this is trance abuse.

And trance abuse is very, very common from religion to advertising.

But I hope that in the future we will pass laws against trance abuse.

Is that what you did to me? Victor?

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Of course she was also crazy as a loon.

No, she wasn't. "Victor".

- - - Updated - - -

I am also an empath and I believe both in skilled cold reading and sharp intuitivity.

But I'm sure not gonna say somethin' stoopid and subject myself to the scorn of disbelievers! Hee.

"It can't be proven." so there's no use discussing this for me.

Yes, and it's too bad it can't be proven because a lot of people would go to jail.

Mole

Permabanned
Whatever floats your boat. :) If it's done with good intentions and the outcome is good, then I say let it be.

If we followed this advice, we would believe the mauderings of ancient desert dwellers or the suppositions of medieval monks. But hey, that is precisely what we do. We ignore evidence and reason in favour of superstitions.

But what is interesting is the emotional hold these superstitions have over us.

These superstitions have such hold on us because they are linked to our sexuality. And questioning them is tantamount to questioning our sexuality. And we can't have that!

Mole

Permabanned
Any power to see the supernatural they have is something I would rather source from the ol' Holy Spirit. I find it a little bit intriguing but mostly misleading.

The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, consisting of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Further the Trinity is one God with three heads.

And we are further enjoined to believe that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, jointly created the Big Bang. We are told to believe a three headed God created the Big Bang. This is clearly preposterous.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
I'm psychic.

The thing is, the universe never answers. It only directs.

For me and so far as I can tell from others, at least...

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I went to a psychic once. He told me that the universe was telling him he was my soul mate. Somehow, I feel there was conflict of interest there.
Good thing I didn't get raped I guess.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I took an audio remote viewing course once and successfully identified the 1st target. I lacked the discipline to complete the other 20 plus lessons.

Before you remote view, there are a bunch of meditative exercises you do. Then the coach reads out a random number and asks for your impressions of the target. You draw whatever enters your mind (and if you think anything at all, it won't work). I'd describe the experience as emptying your mind (this is the hard part) and letting the impressions enter. I never saw any clear or color images, only shadowy outlines but I also got some tactile impressions. I correctly described the target as:

1) natural
2) the temperature and feel(cold vs hot; dry vs wet)
3) the type of geographic structure (I'm not going to spoil it in case some of you decide to look up this course.)
4) other items that are near this structure

This is one of those paranormal phenomenon that you can do yourself and prove to yourself.

Ingrid in grids

This thread reminded me that I need to see my psychic.

I would say that ~70% of her specifics have been accurate. She's a good one.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, consisting of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Further the Trinity is one God with three heads.
As opposed to a monster with two heads.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
I took an audio remote viewing course once and successfully identified the 1st target. I lacked the discipline to complete the other 20 plus lessons.

Before you remote view, there are a bunch of meditative exercises you do. Then the coach reads out a random number and asks for your impressions of the target. You draw whatever enters your mind (and if you think anything at all, it won't work). I'd describe the experience as emptying your mind (this is the hard part) and letting the impressions enter. I never saw any clear or color images, only shadowy outlines but I also got some tactile impressions. I correctly described the target as:

1) natural
2) the temperature and feel(cold vs hot; dry vs wet)
3) the type of geographic structure (I'm not going to spoil it in case some of you decide to look up this course.)
4) other items that are near this structure

This is one of those paranormal phenomenon that you can do yourself and prove to yourself.
You might be able to prove it to yourself, but never will you be able to prove it to others.

- - - Updated - - -

psy chicks r cray cray in the cucu

do ya see the word psychiatrist in here, anyone?